HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF | Game 5 | SENS 1 @ Pittsburgh 3 | Just win! | 7PM ET (CBC, RDS, VS)

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

vCash: 500
Come on Boys! we've been in this situation before and forced a Game 7 in 2003... except this time we are going all the way! ALL IN BABY!

Old
04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
corksens

This tactic really worked out well for Montreal last night...and Price didn't even have a sub .900 SV% on the season.

Elliott got you there, so ride the guy. Leclaire has been bad all year.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Come on Boys! we've been in this situation before and forced a Game 7 in 2003... except this time we are going all the way! ALL IN BABY!
So Leclaire or Donovan will spark the team to Victory like Spezza did then?

Old
04-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksens View Post
This tactic really worked out well for Montreal last night...and Price didn't even have a sub .900 SV% on the season.

Elliott got you there, so ride the guy. Leclaire has been bad all year.
Worked for Washington, got them three straight wins.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Bob Kudelski

Leclaire starting = what little hope I had left is now gone.

Great season guys!

Old
04-22-2010, 01:40 PM
JoeSakic

This is it...this is the kind of game that dictates if you've got "it" as a professional hockey player. Who's going to lay it all out on the line for the W...bring it back home boys...bring it back to Ottawa (Kanata) for game 6.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:40 PM
hawthy

Admittedly, I can be a Sens homer with the best of them. In saying this, I still consider myself to be very much a realist when it comes to the Sens too. I never thought they'd win a game in the 2008 playoffs.....and they didn't. Right now however, I get this weird feeling that they aren't done. I wouldn't bet $1000 on winning the series, but I don't think this thing ends tonight.

It sounds so lame at this point, but 1 win changes a lot. A win tonight sends us home for game 6 with a chance to force a "anything-can happen" game 7. I hope the guys can forget the big picture and seriously realize, a win changes everything. I think this group has the moxy to do it. I hope they do.

It's a longshot I know, but if we somehow managed to come back from a 3-1 series defecit to win.....I wouldn't want to draw the Sens in round 2.

I still believe.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Why don't they just try Fisher-Kelly-Alfie?!

It worked on Ovie.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah View Post
Oh, my mistake. I thought Leclaire was the guy who played 34 games for the Sens this season and was signed to an expensive contract to be the number 1.
I guess i missed the .

Old
04-22-2010, 01:54 PM
hawthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
This is it...this is the kind of game that dictates if you've got "it" as a professional hockey player. Who's going to lay it all out on the line for the W...bring it back home boys...bring it back to Ottawa (Kanata) for game 6.
I agree.

Look at a lot of the teams who have done damage/won in the playoffs. Most to all of them have had to overcome adversity. You don't win in the playoffs without rebounding when it looks like you're done.

- Carolina lost games 1 and 2 in the ECQF AT HOME to Montreal. They rallied (hmm.....didn't they have a goalie change too?) to win the next 4 games and beat the Habs in 6. They went on to win the Cup.

- Tampa Bay was down 3-2 in the SCF with Game 6 in Calgary. They won game 6 in Calgary in overtime, went back to Tampa for the "anything can happen" game 7, and the rest is history

- Last year, Washington was down 3-1 to New York and were written off as 1st round fodder. They came back to win the series in 7.

- Last year again, Pittsburgh was down 3-2 in the SCF. They won Game 6, and went into Detroit for the "anything can happen" game 7. We all know what happened.

Until they beat us four times, we're in this.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Worked for Washington, got them three straight wins.
Those who stand pat and do nothing, should expect nothing in the way of changed outcomes, in return.

Washington made a move, and it's worked out for them. Montreal made a move and it didn't. But neither team stood pat and did nothing, and that was the correct approach.

The Elliott all-the-way crowd, have had their day.....and as many of us predicted so many months ago, the over-reliance on a young backup, has come back to bite the Sens in the rear end.

Now the team is forced to throw up a Hail-Mary, by playing a former number 1 goalie who is rusty, because the team failed to maintain him properly.

Rusty or not, Leclaire deserves his shot. The last people upset by this turn of events, should be those who advocated not playing Leclaire at all since Christmas.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawthy View Post
Admittedly, I can be a Sens homer with the best of them. In saying this, I still consider myself to be very much a realist when it comes to the Sens too. I never thought they'd win a game in the 2008 playoffs.....and they didn't. Right now however, I get this weird feeling that they aren't done. I wouldn't bet $1000 on winning the series, but I don't think this thing ends tonight.

It sounds so lame at this point, but 1 win changes a lot. A win tonight sends us home for game 6 with a chance to force a "anything-can happen" game 7. I hope the guys can forget the big picture and seriously realize, a win changes everything. I think this group has the moxy to do it. I hope they do.

It's a longshot I know, but if we somehow managed to come back from a 3-1 series defecit to win.....I wouldn't want to draw the Sens in round 2.

I still believe.
Good post. I believe. Go Sens Go!

Old
04-22-2010, 02:45 PM
masterandy

I believe. GO SENS GO!!! Take it back to Ottawa..

Old
04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah View Post
Those who stand pat and do nothing, should expect nothing in the way of changed outcomes, in return.

Washington made a move, and it's worked out for them. Montreal made a move and it didn't. But neither team stood pat and did nothing, and that was the correct approach.

The Elliott all-the-way crowd, have had their day.....and as many of us predicted so many months ago, the over-reliance on a young backup, has come back to bite the Sens in the rear end.

Now the team is forced to throw up a Hail-Mary, by playing a former number 1 goalie who is rusty, because the team failed to maintain him properly.

Rusty or not, Leclaire deserves his shot. The last people upset by this turn of events, should be those who advocated not playing Leclaire at all since Christmas.
Agree completely. Its a shame Leclaire hasnt got more time in the net.

As for those saying Elliott has been the guy all year....well...no. Until the midway point of the season, Leclaire was playing against the better teams and winning a higher percentage of his games. Elliott was so bad the first half of the year that most on this board wanted him gone.

People are too quick to change on goalies. This isnt a sign that the team has given up on Elliott. He will be with this team for a long time (barring someone like Lundqvist becoming available) and will get his shot. He is still young.

Shocking for some to hear I am sure, but Leclaire is still young too. He hasnt had a much of a chance at all to respond to Elliotts improved play in the 2nd half. Now he has 1 game to really lay it all out there. And really, what does it matter? We are down 3-1, and Elliott wasnt coming close to getting it done. Why not try?

Considering pretty mucht his ENTIRE fanbase was furious when an injured Hasek wouldnt play in our final game against Buffalo, I dont see how you can be upset about trying another goaltender.

Old
04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Come on Ottawa. Make it happen!!!

Old
04-22-2010, 02:57 PM
SNAPshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawthy View Post
I agree.

Look at a lot of the teams who have done damage/won in the playoffs. Most to all of them have had to overcome adversity. You don't win in the playoffs without rebounding when it looks like you're done.

- Carolina lost games 1 and 2 in the ECQF AT HOME to Montreal. They rallied (hmm.....didn't they have a goalie change too?) to win the next 4 games and beat the Habs in 6. They went on to win the Cup.

- Tampa Bay was down 3-2 in the SCF with Game 6 in Calgary. They won game 6 in Calgary in overtime, went back to Tampa for the "anything can happen" game 7, and the rest is history

- Last year, Washington was down 3-1 to New York and were written off as 1st round fodder. They came back to win the series in 7.

- Last year again, Pittsburgh was down 3-2 in the SCF. They won Game 6, and went into Detroit for the "anything can happen" game 7. We all know what happened.

Until they beat us four times, we're in this.
Wow, way to chyme in man. One game at a time! Let's do it!

Old
04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
SilverSeven

Also, just to add on....

For gods sake, who gives a **** what the lineup is tonight? Lets just throw our full support behind this team. For once.

Old
04-22-2010, 03:02 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

kind of tempted to just watch AVATAR on blu-ray and not have a stroke while yelling at my television about all the missed defensive assignments, poor back-checking, biased officiating, no-look passes at the blue line, sub-par goaltending, missing the net, hearing the words 'he'd like to have that one back', and don't even get me started about all the over-the-top verbal masturbation that the announcers engage in every time Crosby touches the puck. meh.

edit: ALL IN. sigh

Last edited by slamigo: 04-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Just sit back and enjoy a good hockey game. The Sens will leave it all on the table tonight. This could be the last Senators game for 5 months, or this could be the start of a streak. I can't wait to find out.

Old
04-22-2010, 03:14 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Huge new song from B.O.B and Eminem.

About airplanes being shooting stars and dreaming big.

Very suitable for tonight.

Old
04-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Hockfan*

Good luck Ottawa

Old
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Also, just to add on....

For gods sake, who gives a **** what the lineup is tonight? Lets just throw our full support behind this team. For once.
You know what, you're right. Let's just sit back and enjoy it. No point in complaining at this point.

GO SENS!

Old
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Does anyone know why when I tried to post a YT video it's not showing up? I wrapped the link in the YT thing and still nothing. Really wanna get it up, great song which describes the Sens right now.

Old
04-22-2010, 03:20 PM
The Pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post

Fixed

Old
04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Also, just to add on....

I'm getting REALLY tired of people digging trenches on certain sides of issues/players.

You had Elliott-all-the-way crowd, who did nothing but bash Leclaire all year. People wanted Fisher traded at the start of the year, then they wanted him as our #1 Center, then they wanted Fisher traded. Now it's trade Spezza, have Regin as our #1 Center.

There's ups and downs throughout the year, and there are way too many people who have just gotten carried away with their slants on issues. Despite this disappointing finish to the year, I still like this team and I think they can really do a lot of damage if all the right things come together.

Closed Thread