HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Organizational Rankings

Old
04-22-2010, 09:43 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
Organizational Rankings

Has anyone noticed that HF has ranked the Leafs #6 in terms of prospects while we have slipped to #16. I don't know about you but I prefer our prospects to theirs... but of course my view is slightly biased.

The Marlies were horrible and the Bulldogs were dominant. That must count for something. And they have completely ignored Engvist as a prospect.

They are right about a couple of things. We lack size at forward and there doesn't seem to be a top goaltending prospect in the organizations, with my apologies to Cedric Desjardins.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
Has anyone noticed that HF has ranked the Leafs #6 in terms of prospects while we have slipped to #16. I don't know about you but I prefer our prospects to theirs... but of course my view is slightly biased.

The Marlies were horrible and the Bulldogs were dominant. That must count for something. And they have completely ignored Engvist as a prospect.

They are right about a couple of things. We lack size at forward and there doesn't seem to be a top goaltending prospect in the organizations, with my apologies to Cedric Desjardins.
Ceds a possible starter but not a top goaltending prospect, at forward Leblanc/Kristo/Avtsin/ Enqvist all look pretty good right now,

Also in the leafs they included, Hanson, Bozak, Stalberg, Kadri, (three of them were playing in the NHL at the end of the season)

subbanged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
TheBuriedHab

meh, weren't we ranked top 5 for a while? Not alot of those prospects have panned out. I don't take these rankings to seriously.

TheBuriedHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:

Most of the Marlies' best players play for Toronto.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Fozz

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on those ranking or the people that make them.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Ya,wasn't Chris Higgins rated pretty high? Those don't mean much

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think the rankings had Byfuglien close to a fail player.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
FrankMTL

It doesn't help that our 2006 first rounder sucks, our 12th overall pick in the 2007 draft was traded last summer and that we didn't have a first round pick in 2008.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
It doesn't help that our 2006 first rounder sucks, our 12th overall pick in the 2007 draft was traded last summer and that we didn't have a first round pick in 2008.
I think the list is bigger then that personally but we also made some good picks in the later rounds

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I think the rankings had Byfuglien close to a fail player.
To be fair, didn't Byfuglien pretty much suck before he converted to forward?

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 02:55 PM
TheCH*

Well lets be real, unless there is some major shockers in our development system, the only real bright spots are Subban and possibly Leblanc.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:15 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
Most of the Marlies' best players play for Toronto.
A lot of good it did the Leafs. They still sucked with their prospects.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
Chris Higgins had good reasons to be rated that high. He was easily one of the Habs' best prospects back then, the guy is a hard-worker and has character. He's a pretty smart two-way hockey player who can play with an edge in his game and has good defensive awareness. He has what it takes to have a long and successful career in the NHL. He's all hard-work and during his time as a Canadiens, I did not see him take too many shifts off.

The guy is simply having an off-season kind of like Plekanec's 2008-2009 season, by no means should you write him off or consider him a bust. He's been lost this season, but you can expect him to bounce back, just like Plekanec did. Higgins has too much pride and character inside of him to simply fall apart like that.

Honestly, seeing how he's an UFA at the end of the season with the kind of off-year he had, a GM should jump on the occasion to sign him up at a bargain price.

I personally would love to see him back in a Habs jersey next year at a cheap price. The guy knows what it means to work hard.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Well lets be real, unless there is some major shockers in our development system, the only real bright spots are Subban and possibly Leblanc.
The Habs top 4 are all bright spots, Subban, Leblanc, Kristo, and Bennett. Maybe Avtsin too if he comes over, has a good frame and wheels from what I've seen.

Quote:
I'd be happy if any of our forward prospects put up a 27 goal season while being a strong two way player. He should have been ranked high, let's remember he was named one of the top 10 players in the NCAA on a below average Yale team as a sophmore and then followed it up with a strong rookie year in Hamilton before moving to the NHL where in his first 3 seasons he had 20+ goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
meh, weren't we ranked top 5 for a while? Not alot of those prospects have panned out. I don't take these rankings to seriously.
I stopped reading or caring about anything HF writes in regards to our prospects some time ago.

Quote:

I think you would get a better list if you put the 30 teams prospect pools into a hat and pulled them at random.

But the Habs do lack top end talent in the system, their goaltending prospect depth is poor at best, sans Desjardins. We are thin on LD's as well

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Higgins was a very good player before he decided to suck.

Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 05:07 PM
TheBuriedHab

yea chris higgins was actually good at one point lol. The best part of his game when he broke in was his board play. I'd be surprised if hes still in the nhl in 2 years.

TheBuriedHab is online now   Reply With Quote