HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers trainers get fired.

Old
04-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Usual_Suspect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post

Wrong. Chad Moreau is still very much in the picture. He is currently the Oilers off-season fitness and nutrition consultant. Bennet is the Oilers in-season fitness consultant. Just go to Chad Moreau's website and he states he is currently the OIlers off-season fitness concultant. I also remember a Hemsky interview in the summer saying this is the first time he paid this much attention to strength training- he was being emailed by Chad Moreau all summer on what he should be doing.
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opini...912/story.html
Quote:
Longtime strength coach Daryl Duke was released by the club during the lockout and replaced first by Kelly Buchberger, who is now an assistant coach, then by Chad Moreau. The older brother of captain Ethan Moreau is an L.A.-based chiropractic/ biomechanic professor/ trainer who has since turned the reins over to Simon Bennett.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/my.../13574046.html
Quote:
They got a new fitness consultant this year in Simon Bennett, who replaced Chad Moreau.

Last edited by Usual_Suspect: 04-23-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Guy View Post
Does this mean we have to rename the Joey Moss Cup to the Rexall Cup?
IIRC they stopped calling it the Joey Moss Cup last preseason. Obviously an omen of things to come. You should've sang the national anthem louder in the '06 playoffs Joey, since you didn't, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Time to get Richard Simmons as the teams fitness instructor. That way we can change our motto from living in the past to sweating to the oldies.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:44 AM
oilersrule14

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post

Wrong. Chad Moreau is still very much in the picture. He is currently the Oilers off-season fitness and nutrition consultant. Bennet is the Oilers in-season fitness consultant. Just go to Chad Moreau's website and he states he is currently the OIlers off-season fitness concultant. I also remember a Hemsky interview in the summer saying this is the first time he paid this much attention to strength training- he was being emailed by Chad Moreau all summer on what he should be doing.
No, he's not. His website just hasn't been updated.

oilersrule14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Other Little Mikey

It's pretty hilarious to read this thread and compare it with all the people who scream about what an "old boys club" this franchise is.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

You guys don't have to worry about Joey. The Oilers are probably deciding to emulate the Manitoba Moose this week. If someone can go from skate sharpener to successful GM of an AHL franchise, then a dressing room attendant can move up too.

Grats Joey on the new assistant GM duties

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:00 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Time to get Richard Simmons as the teams fitness instructor. That way we can change our motto from living in the past to sweating to the oldies.

now where is that simmons aviator--it is around here somewhere

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
now where is that simmons aviator--it is around here somewhere
LOL Only you two would bring up Richard Simmons.

Old
04-23-2010, 02:04 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
You guys don't have to worry about Joey. The Oilers are probably deciding to emulate the Manitoba Moose this week. If someone can go from skate sharpener to successful GM of an AHL franchise, then a dressing room attendant can move up too.

Grats Joey on the new assistant GM duties
If it worked for Danny Maciocia............... good Lord, from one nightmare season, straight into another one. I shudder to think how bad the Eskimos are going to be this year.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
If it worked for Danny Maciocia............... good Lord, from one nightmare season, straight into another one. I shudder to think how bad the Eskimos are going to be this year.
Actually, we should be pretty decent this year.

For once they're actually focusing on defence instead of bringing in rookies to START at every position.

Now he just needs to find another breakout WR and we should be OK.

But back on topic...I honestly think Tambo is fed up with everyone in the organization that was here before he was. I'm not sure what he thinks of Lowe anymore - he had a lot of respect for him before - but it sure seems like he's on a mission to purge everyone else.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:52 AM
M Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I can't see why they would need to fire Joey, unless they figure the way he folds the towels was causing injuries.
Maybe he put to many soaps in the floor in the shower

M Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:54 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Ace View Post
Maybe he put to many soaps in the floor in the shower
Dang then fire the S.O.B.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 04:38 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
But back on topic...I honestly think Tambo is fed up with everyone in the organization that was here before he was. I'm not sure what he thinks of Lowe anymore - he had a lot of respect for him before - but it sure seems like he's on a mission to purge everyone else.
It's clear that he's rooting out all the parts of the organization (players aside) that may be deemed 'cancers' as well as putting his stamp on the team.

I can't say that I'm going to shed a tear over this. I mean it sucks that people are losing their jobs but the amount of man games lost to injury since the 06 Cup run is totally unacceptable.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask83 View Post
If true this is stupid. This is a dangerous sport guys will get injured its just part of it. I'll admit I didn't like how the flu was able to strike twice in the same season but other than that they have nothing to do with it.
The rest of the NHL disagrees with you. I know it's happened before in Washington I believe after an injury-plagued season and this is just one example.

You're saying Tambellini is firing people for the sake of firing people?

Yanner39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
joestevens29

Tencer needs a kick in the nut sack. It took him 5 minutes to investigate and find out that this wasn't true. This aren't high profile people on the team, why mess with their lives?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanner39 View Post
The rest of the NHL disagrees with you. I know it's happened before in Washington I believe after an injury-plagued season and this is just one example.

You're saying Tambellini is firing people for the sake of firing people?
I know I'm late into here, but in a round about way I don't think it's to far fetched to say Tambo is firing guys for the sake of it.

There were many rumors about internal management problems. Is it no possible that there are too many Lowe guys that are going over Tambo's head? I think this is just Tambo wanting his own people here. I don't like that he waiting two years to do this, but I guess it's better then waiting another 2 years.

Old
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Hemsky4PM

Tencer is showing his age and experience recently.

It's incredible that he made it to on-air host of a major professional sports team in his VERY early 20s. I think he's still just 25.

Rob Kerr toiled for a while as the host of Just a Game before being picked up by the Flames broadcast team. It shows.

Tencer is an Oilers employee and actually found a way to piss off their best player this season, Dustin Penner, to the point where he WON'T ANSWER AN OILERS EMPLOYEE'S QUESTIONS. Penner actually won't give Tencer the time of day. That's bad. It also isn't the way to make your key assets, the PLAYERS, happy or comfortable.

A lack of savvy.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█¯█¯██¯█★█¯██¯█¯█╲

vCash: 100
It's probably because of all the injuries we had for the last four years .

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
TowMater14

Before everyone jumps on the Tencer hate bandwagon, lets see this through. There is some validity to this. The interview with Laforge; laforge states that "I can't confirm or deny, at this time... I'm not a part of the hockey operations" How would a guy in his position not know what is going on?

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:50 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Before everyone jumps on the Tencer hate bandwagon, lets see this through. There is some validity to this. The interview with Laforge he states that "I can't confirm or deny, at this time... I'm not a part of the hockey operations" How would a guy in his position not know what is going on?
The last thing he (Tencer) said was that there was something to this and that he wasn't following for family reasons.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Oil_in_my_veins

not very classy of Tencer to report a rumour like that but I've never had much respect for the guy.

Oil_in_my_veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
foshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrule14 View Post
No, he's not. His website just hasn't been updated.
I stand corrected.

foshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
GDU

it would be funny if somehow tencer was the one fired after all was said and done on this mess...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Before everyone jumps on the Tencer hate bandwagon, lets see this through. There is some validity to this. The interview with Laforge; laforge states that "I can't confirm or deny, at this time... I'm not a part of the hockey operations" How would a guy in his position not know what is going on?
Considering he ripped the guy from the journal for the samething shows exactly what kind of character he has.

Old
04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Other Little Mikey

Tencer's not going to get fired for anything, but he is a sanctimonious little **** at times. The gloating he did after the Heatley non-trade was so unnecessary.

Anyway, he was pissed MacKinnon scooped him on Prendergast so he probably jumped right on this the second he heard anything.

Quote:
Feel like an idiot for not calling the shot last week when he wasn't included on the management trip to Belarus.
http://twitter.com/dantencer/status/12603103955

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote