HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Life sure can be funny

Old
04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

vCash: 500
Life sure can be funny

If anyone is ever feeling depressed, let me say with the utmost confidence, life is a roller coaster.

Im 24 years old now, and about three and a half years ago I got into a pretty bad car accident, that was most certainly my fault. Ive always been a level headed, responsible type of guy, but had a moment of weakness and someone else I cared about paid the price.

3 years and a court appearance later and I was charged with dangerous driving and sentenced to 3 months house arrest(still aloud to work), ending on today on April 22nd.

In those three years I had some real downs, lost my girlfriend, didn't do so well in my college program and decided to drop out and try a different field. Moved back in with my mom

Bought playoff tickets in desperate hope that they would make it to game 6, the first available game after my sentence. Them making it to game 6 looked about as likely as Matt Carkner scoring the triple ot winner.

Anyways could keep going, but will spare everyone the gloom because its friggin party time. Today, got a huge promotion at work, now on salary, working directly under the engineer/project manager.

Got a call from a very cute girl I used to see who happens to love hockey and the sens, always a nice bonus

Sens win. This game probably meant more to me than anything else. I get to go to Ottawa this weekend to celebrate my freedom and watch the Sens for the first time this year

So my point is, life is cyclical. Im wise enough to now see that, so dont ever get to down on yourself. Things will get better, so stay positive and karma will take care of the rest.

Samsquanch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:43 AM
mizza318

congrats bro

mizza318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Hale The Villain

Nice story, congrats on the promotion and the girl btw

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:14 AM
shmab

Sorry had to. But I've been in the same situation. You feel like you're never going to escape the purgatory that you're in. But, somehow Merlin, or some other wizard turns it all around for you somehow. Life is ****ed.

shmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
KarlSen

Now, that's KARMA! Congrats on turning it around. Raised in Sudbury myself.

KarlSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Now, that's KARMA! Congrats on turning it around. Raised in Sudbury myself.
Its crazy how many of us seem to end up in O town. I myself would love to move to there eventually, no shortage of friends that live there, but im small town (Lively ) and not sure about living in a city again.

Old
04-23-2010, 01:34 AM
playasRus

That you're back up and running brings a smile to my face
Sorry you had to go through all that

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:35 AM
KarlSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sambo View Post
Its crazy how many of us seem to end up in O town. I myself would love to move to there eventually, no shortage of friends that live there, but im small town (Lively ) and not sure about living in a city again.
Lively is a nice spot, though I haven't been there in a lot of years. Jumping off spot to go fishing and hunting on the Vermillion River behind Creighton. Well, were Creighton was when I was much younger.

KarlSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Lively is a nice spot, though I haven't been there in a lot of years. Jumping off spot to go fishing and hunting on the Vermillion River behind Creighton. Well, were Creighton was when I was much younger.
Yea its probably grown quite a bit from what you last saw. Its quickly gained the reputation of the "community" to be a part of in Sudbury. But yea the points you mention are among the many things that keep me here. But the draw of having season tickets to the sens is an enormous draw as well..... so Im torn at this point.

Old
04-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Romans12_12

Very nice. Lots a wisdom for a 24 year old!

You have a lot of great things going on to fill your life now! Enjoy them!

But maybe you can try and leave a little space for God?

Romans12_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

Great story...I'm sure a lot of us have similar challenges, albeit in different circumstances that don't have the courage to post here.

you are right and thanks for the reminder.

sens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Bob Kudelski

Good job man. See you at game 6!

Bob Kudelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Life's funny like that man. In my final year of high school I got a mid-50s average and I had to do a victory lap. Now I'm getting a Masters degree from Queen's in a few months, with some very strange twists and turns along the way.

Still, if I wasn't such a ****-up, I'd never be where I am today. Like I said man, life's funny.

Sometimes you've got to hit rough times before you can achieve the heights. Take the sens in this series, for example...

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans12_12 View Post
Very nice. Lots a wisdom for a 24 year old!

You have a lot of great things going on to fill your life now! Enjoy them!

But maybe you can try and leave a little space for God?
He did.

He is a Sens fan.

Alfie == God

BTW, hope this run in with John Law has taught you something and helps you on your way (which it sounds like it has). When one fails to learn from history, one is doomed to repeat it.

Now go have a few beers and a doobie or two to celebrate. Drinking and driving don't mix, tequila and lime juice sure do....

Herc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
robsenz

From a fellow Sudburian...life can really suck in this town, congrats!

robsenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Man View Post
He did.

He is a Sens fan.

Alfie == God

BTW, hope this run in with John Law has taught you something and helps you on your way (which it sounds like it has). When one fails to learn from history, one is doomed to repeat it.

Now go have a few beers and a doobie or two to celebrate. Drinking and driving don't mix, tequila and lime juice sure do....
Priceless. But yeah its pretty hard not to learn from your mistakes, I appreciate all the great responses you guys have given me. Wasent sure if I should delve into the details of my circumstances, but im glad I did as it seems to make me feel better sharing it.

Old
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Everybody does something pretty stupid at around that age. It usually involves some combination of any of the following: booze, drugs, driving, clubs, fist fights, and bad judgment. Most of us roll the dice, nothing happens and then we go on with our lives. Some folks roll the dice and it comes up snake eyes.

Glad to see that you've taken responsibility though and want to take your life in a positive direction. If you keep trying to do the right things, usually, not always, but usually, good things happen. Cheers.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote