HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (All Jets, Giants and General NFL talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2010, 10:40 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Hopefully for the Giants Victor Cruz is legit, and not their version of David Clowney.

Also guys, please. It's the FIRST preseason game. Even if one group of starters "beat" the other group, it means absolutely NOTHING.
We won the first game in the new Giants stadium, nyr2k2. After all the **** the Jets were talking, I think we can relish in a meaningless and fun win.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:44 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Koets and Whimper both suck ass. They are terrible players. I really hope they don't see significant time at all during the year. Ugh.
I really doubt you've seen enough of koets to make a final judgement. He's had 1.5 preseasons @ a new position. I don't expect great things but he's had 2 learn a new position so he could be better this year.

Why do you say Whimper sucks? He's played well when he's gotten 1st team reps. IMO he's as good if not better than McKenzie now.

Either way the oline will be the downfall of the O if it doesn't improve.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
We won the first game in the new Giants stadium, nyr2k2. After all the **** the Jets were talking, I think we can relish in a meaningless and fun win.
Oh, you can bask in your glory all you want. It's obviously a HUMONGOUS accomplishment.

It's just pain.
Old
08-16-2010, 10:45 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
I really doubt you've seen enough of koets to make a final judgement. He's had 1.5 preseasons @ a new position. I don't expect great things but he's had 2 learn a new position so he could be better this year.

Why do you say Whimper sucks? He's played well when he's gotten 1st team reps. IMO he's as good if not better than McKenzie now.

Either way the oline will be the downfall of the O if it doesn't improve.
Eesh, Whimper is nowhere near as good as McKenzie. Whimper should have been cut a while ago. Koets can't even get snaps off without a hitch in camp -- why would he get real reps? If he can't show anything in practice, he won't get a chance in games.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:47 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Oh, you can bask in your glory all you want. It's obviously a HUMONGOUS accomplishment.
Wah, wah, wah. It's a fun game for the "bragging rights" of the year. It's always a fun game. If you can't take fun in winning, than what's the point in even watching pre-season football? Your team talked tons of **** about how they were going to beat the Giants. Now we can enjoy a bit of fun for a night. Nothing really matters in this game, but don't be such a buzzkill.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:47 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

I think the impression of this game is that NYJ are better which is what most thought.

Giants have the same questions as last year. Can the oline be physical? Can the dline get consistent pressure? Can we EVER cover a short route in zone? Can a preseason star wr ever beat out moss?

Hopefully we get better results as we go.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Wah, wah, wah. It's a fun game for the "bragging rights" of the year. It's always a fun game. If you can't take fun in winning, than what's the point in even watching pre-season football? Your team talked tons of **** about how they were going to beat the Giants. Now we can enjoy a bit of fun for a night. Nothing really matters in this game, but don't be such a buzzkill.
Where did I say you can't have fun? My comment about starters "beating" starters was directed at my fellow Jets fans anyway, so chill Jon.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:49 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I think the impression of this game is that NYJ are better which is what most thought.

Giants have the same questions as last year. Can the oline be physical? Can the dline get consistent pressure? Can we EVER cover a short route in zone? Can a preseason star wr ever beat out moss?

Hopefully we get better results as we go.
I can't really evaluate the O-line yet since they are so beat up still. But the DBs looked great. The LBs looked mediocre, but at least better than last year. Goff and Dillard both had solid games up the middle and Bulluck will only improve upon that.

A few question marks will be what can Sintim and Beatty do this year. These guys should be players this year and neither has looked all that great.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:50 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Where did I say you can't have fun? My comment about starters "beating" starters was directed at my fellow Jets fans anyway, so chill Jon.
Just realize that you got clowned in Giants Stadium, bud.

God do I hate pre-season football. The real season needs to get here last week.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Just realize that you got clowned in Giants Stadium, bud.

God do I hate pre-season football. The real season needs to get here last week.
THAT is something we can agree on.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:51 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

I don't care that the Giants won (I'm a Giants fan), although it was nice to see Victor Cruz play the game of his life.

It was just GREAT to see people hitting each other again...Is it October yet?

Old
08-16-2010, 10:55 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

The other thing I got out of the game tonight, is that our team (even with all the injuries and inactives) can hang with a very good team. ****, it seems like we were missing half our starters and we left the game tied after our starters left the field. That's a good sign. I think it was 14 starters or 15 against 20 for the Jets. Great to come out of the game tied in a situation like that.

Did the offensive line look like ****? Yes. They are banged up to hell and should get better as they get healthier.

As I've said 1230723047832 times -- the DBs look so much better it's not even funny.

JPP had a solid game and even got to Sanchez against the starting Jets O-line. His offsides was pretty funny, too.

The back-up job is officially a real battle, now. After looking like **** his first few times up, Sorgi finished nicely. Bomar looks like he can be a player in the NFL. That run was really heady and he showed some great scrambling skills.

Victor Cruz was, well, awesome. Slick vet move on the facemask, as well. Guy was all over him, so the call could've gone either way, but it was a slick slick move.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:55 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Eesh, Whimper is nowhere near as good as McKenzie. Whimper should have been cut a while ago. Koets can't even get snaps off without a hitch in camp -- why would he get real reps? If he can't show anything in practice, he won't get a chance in games.
Huh, I've only heard of 1 bad snap by koets this preseason. That was last preseason that he learning & couldn't get a shotgun snap right.

Idk, I think mckenzie has gotten worse each of last two seasons. He'll be the weakest link the in the O this yr IMO.

I'm no expert, to each our own, agree to disagree or whatever. Not worth either of us debating the merits of whimper & koets any further. My reasoning in wanting to see them play was hoping to see some physicality & burst/push from somebody on our line tonight.

I think were in for a rough year running again.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:57 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Huh, I've only heard of 1 bad snap by koets this preseason. That was last preseason that he learning & couldn't get a shotgun snap right.

Idk, I think mckenzie has gotten worse each of last two seasons. He'll be the weakest link the in the O this yr IMO.

I'm no expert, to each our own, agree to disagree or whatever. Not worth either of us debating the merits of whimper & koets any further. My reasoning in wanting to see them play was hoping to see some physicality & burst/push from somebody on our line tonight.

I think were in for a rough year running again.
You must not read around a lot about pre-season, man. Koets has looked shaky each and every chance he's gotten. Nothing but bad, bad, bad coming out about his play so far in camp. They resorted to using Seubert as a C just to get the ball to Eli since Koets couldn't do it at all.

Whimper is just there. He's along for the ride.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:00 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Here's what Ed Valentine of BBV (my favorite Giants blog, by far) had to say about Koets:

Quote:
Adam Koets: Got lots of work with the first unit at center when Shaun O'Hara's ankled barked for a few days, and the results were scary. Still way too many botched snaps and screwed-up snap counts, not to mention his blocking doesn't seem all that impressive, either. Pray that this guy never has to play when it matters.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:01 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

What is it with our zone D & never having anyone within 5 yards of the underneath rcvrs? That **** just doesn't stop.

I'm not going 2 expect anything from bullock til I see him this yr but goff is nothing special IMO. A solid run plugged. I really hope we see more out of Sintim. Where's his impact speed off the edge they touted?

Whatever, just over analyzing the 1st game cuz I'm so excited for this season.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:02 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I heard Mangold didn't play. Was that true? Didn't see any of the game.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:03 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
What is it with our zone D & never having anyone within 5 yards of the underneath rcvrs? That **** just doesn't stop.

I'm not going 2 expect anything from bullock til I see him this yr but goff is nothing special IMO. A solid run plugged. I really hope we see more out of Sintim. Where's his impact speed off the edge they touted?

Whatever, just over analyzing the 1st game cuz I'm so excited for this season.
Goff is just OK, like you said. He's a plug till we can get something better. Sintim really, really needs to step it up. He's had a very quiet camp so far and, frankly, I wasn't even sure if he played tonight. If he did, he was outright invisible.

Boley is pretty good on short passes, as are our MLBs, but no one else seems to be. It's an easy thing to exploit for an easy 5 yards.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:04 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I heard Mangold didn't play. Was that true? Didn't see any of the game.
I believe he was inactive tonight.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:05 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
You must not read around a lot about pre-season, man. Koets has looked shaky each and every chance he's gotten. Nothing but bad, bad, bad coming out about his play so far in camp. They resorted to using Seubert as a C just to get the ball to Eli since Koets couldn't do it at all.

Whimper is just there. He's along for the ride.
Like I said agree to disagree or whatever. I read 2-3 beat writers' every tweet & camp report though. I think you're remembering last camp since seubert has played very little to no center this yr. Hard 2 do with one hand.

I don't care about koets but I don't want to be called uninformed.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:09 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Goff is just OK, like you said. He's a plug till we can get something better. Sintim really, really needs to step it up. He's had a very quiet camp so far and, frankly, I wasn't even sure if he played tonight. If he did, he was outright invisible.

Boley is pretty good on short passes, as are our MLBs, but no one else seems to be. It's an easy thing to exploit for an easy 5 yards.
Boley is good covering 1on1 but could be better vs run.

Sintim did play as I saw him make a downfield push out of bounds or assist anyways. Other than that, yup, invisible. If we get nothing from him this yr it's gonna hurt.

Beatty looked pretty good I thought against a good & tricky front. Ohara got pushed around a bit too much.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:13 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Boley is good covering 1on1 but could be better vs run.

Sintim did play as I saw him make a downfield push out of bounds or assist anyways. Other than that, yup, invisible. If we get nothing from him this yr it's gonna hurt.

Beatty looked pretty good I thought against a good & tricky front. Ohara got pushed around a bit too much.
Beatty had an OK game. He was horrible all of camp, so it was nice to see him not be horrible tonight. O'Hara is still pretty banged up.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:15 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

If Cruz can play ST as a gunner he has 2 beat out moss right? Nicks, ss, Mario, barden, hagan are locks only 1 more wr I'd say.

Hey Jon, thought the FB Johnson looked good. I'd like 2 c him get some early reps cuz hedgecock is so 1 dimensional. Whaddya think? I think we might c more of beckum @ hback this yr too which cuts snaps out of hedgecock too. Plus on goal line I think petrus was a fb before. Wouldn't mind seeing that. Lord knows we need all the red zone help we can get

Old
08-16-2010, 11:17 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Beatty had an OK game. He was horrible all of camp, so it was nice to see him not be horrible tonight. O'Hara is still pretty banged up.
Hopefully his assignments will be easier in games . Facing the osi kiwi rotation isn't chopped liver & hopefully they're both double digit sack contenders

Old
08-16-2010, 11:18 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

I'm just not that high on Beckum. He's another guy who has just not looked good now two camps in a row. I like Bear a lot more than Beckum, in all honesty. He is one of the better young blockers we have.

Madison is very 1 dimensional, but he's one of the best blocking FBs in the business. I doubt we use another FB this year unless Madison is injured. I like the ability we have with Petrus. I think he played both FB and TE. He has decent hands and can opt in as an eligible receiver if needed.

Closed Thread