HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (All Jets, Giants and General NFL talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2010, 11:25 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

vCash: 500
I saw a lot of beckum in college. He can block decent. He can be a VERY good rcvr. He's not the perfect fit 4 TC's O but the skill is there IMO.

I agree Hedge can really block but i just think we could be more diverse at times. Especially when struggling to run.

What do you think in jacobs vs Bradshaw? Personally I'd like to see more of AB early & Jacobs more as a closer late 1/2 guy like Bettis was in pitt later on.

Old
08-17-2010, 12:27 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Haha, anyone watching the post game? Bruschi can't say enough bad things about the Giants. Sour grapes, much? The only good thing for the team was Rolle?

ESPN can continue to bash the G-Men all they want. Love going under the radar. Give the Jets all the press they want.
What does under the radar get you? Sounds like a stance to take when you don't think your team is good enough. Who would you rather be? A favorite to win it all or the other guys with an outside chance? If you dont have that target on your back it just means your team is not as good.

Old
08-17-2010, 12:36 AM
John Torturella

From a Jets standpoint there are plenty of positives to take form this game.

The defense was very very good. Even the big play they let up probably does not happen when the team is in midseason form.

Kyle Wilson looked right at home playing man coverage. Cromartie was rock solid as well.

Special teams look really good all the way around.

It was really awesome to see the blitzes dialed up with the starters in there. Pace looks primed to have a big year.

The send everyone strategy is very reliant on corners playing man, and obviously does not work with 4th stringers and lower.

Sanchez looked good. Probably could have been a bit sharper, and got some better luck though.

The receivers should be fun to watch. Keller could find himself getting some easy pickings out there with Cotchery, Edwards and Holmes in the other team's heads.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:05 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Good game as a jet fan. Jets defense dominated Giants offense without Revis (ofc I'm only talking starters). The Bradshaw play was CLEARLY a missed holding call on Ellis. Shouldve been a sack. Aside from Sanchez' first bad pass (which is also unlucky it got tipped in the air, but still was a poor decision) the offense clicked on all regards without Mangold. I'm happy with the performance. Also, I lmfaoed how Jacobs was talking crap at the end of the game. 4yds and killing your QB is a game to be proud of, right? Didn't he also say before the game he wishes he was going to play for the whole game so he can hit people all game? Lmao maybe next year Brandon

Old
08-17-2010, 07:42 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
What does under the radar get you? Sounds like a stance to take when you don't think your team is good enough. Who would you rather be? A favorite to win it all or the other guys with an outside chance? If you dont have that target on your back it just means your team is not as good.
The Giants a few years ago flew under the radar when they won the Super Bowl

Old
08-17-2010, 08:30 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Im just glad our feeble Giants were able to stay on the same field as the mighty JETS...How bad did that blowhard Rex wanna win the game? Playing his Starters for an entire first half in the first pre season game of the year?? Unheard of..I dont care how it happened..but we put up 31 points on the SB Champs..LOL

Old
08-17-2010, 08:57 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
See 2007 NFL season. Take a look at who won the Super Bowl and how much attention they got along the way. You can have the back page. We'll take the wins.

Old
08-17-2010, 08:59 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Im just glad our feeble Giants were able to stay on the same field as the mighty JETS...How bad did that blowhard Rex wanna win the game? Playing his Starters for an entire first half in the first pre season game of the year?? Unheard of..I dont care how it happened..but we put up 31 points on the SB Champs..LOL
You mean Rex Ryan who didn't prepare for the game and used probably 2% of his playbook? Get real.

Every NFL analyst agrees that the Jets #1s outplayed the Giants #1s and it wasn't close.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Jersey Girl

I hope the Giants didn't hear any curse words during the game. I know how offensive that is to them.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:04 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
You mean Rex Ryan who didn't prepare for the game and used probably 2% of his playbook? Get real.

Every NFL analyst agrees that the Jets #1s outplayed the Giants #1s and it wasn't close.
Yeah and the Giants opened up their whole playbook. Not to mention missing a few starters on the Oline, important players considering the Giants are a run first team. The Giants offensive play calling was extremely predictible (doesn't matter, its PRESEASON), I could have called plays to stop it.

Again, it's a preseason game. It's just nice to see Rex have to eat his words about winning in New GIANTS Stadium.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

Do you think the Giants really prepared for this game? Also the Giants didn't have their full team out on the field.

This game had absolutely no meaning, and you can't take anything from it other than how the kids look.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:08 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
Do you think the Giants really prepared for this game? Also the Giants didn't have their full team out on the field.

This game had absolutely no meaning, and you can't take anything from it other than how the kids look.
I agree, yet most Giants fans are acting like they won something in the pre-season.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:11 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
I agree, yet most Giants fans are acting like they won something in the pre-season.
I think Giants fans are feeling like this because lets face it, the Jets have a big mouth and Woody Johnson was trying to stick it to the Giants with unveiling the Jets Ring of Honor on a Preseason Game against the Giants.

The Jets painted a HUGE target on their back this season with the way they run their mouth.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
If Revis plays this season, the Jets will continue to have one of the league's best defenses. They blitz too much in my opinion but they make it work for them which is fine.

Sanchez is still no where near the quarterback that Eli Manning is.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:39 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

I like this win from a team confidence standpoint. Even when they were wining last year, the Giants just didn't have the mojo they had back in '07. Thye need to get that swagger and physical presence back if they want to make any noise this season.

RANGERS =
Old
08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

if Rex didnt prepare for the game,why did he play his starters the entire first half..ours were out after the first quarter..we are also decimated by injuries..face it Jets fans..the league and its fans hate your loud mouth classless coach..same old same old..Jets are always Champs in the off season..9-7 last year and the last 3 games the teams you played the other teams had nothing to play for..you were handed a gift..you will be 7-9 this year..mark it down

Quote:

Old
08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
As I've said 1230723047832 times -- the DBs look so much better it's not even funny.
I don't know how you can say the secondary played so well. I mean Sanchez did put up a 90 passer rating and was 13 for 17 for 119 yds with 1 TD and 1 INT. And that one pick was ridiculously easy b/c Sanchez made a horrible read, and a horrible throw. One that should never be made. It was a completely unforced error. Other than that the first team O and mixed 1st and 2nd team completely picked apart the Giants 1st team D and mixed 1st 2nd team D.

And then Kellen Clemens comes in and tears apart the secondary in what I am assuming was the 2nd stringers going at it to start the second half by going 7 for 10 for 84 yds with a rating of 95. In what way is the secondary playing well. Or do you mean your 3rd and 4th team secondary against a QB that won't make the team unless Clemens or Brunell is traded or hurt?

And Shonne Green averaged 5.2 yards per carry over the G-Men's d line. And that is without the best center in the game playing in Mangold. Personally I thought the Giants 1st team D, and first team O were dominated by the Jets first team. Other than the pick, there were almost 0 positives for the Giants first stringers that played.

The only positive I saw from the Giants was Bradshaw. He did look real strong and showed some great flashes.

And I hear that Cruz kid played a great game. But I didn't watch the second half.

Quote:
JPP had a solid game and even got to Sanchez against the starting Jets O-line. His offsides was pretty funny, too.
That was not the starting line at that point. Mangold didn't play, and RG Brandon Moore had been replaced. He did however beat Woody. But for most of the game, he was on his knees. Kid needs to get some more strength.

One thing this game did show the Jets was that they have a lack of depth. But this is to be expected due to all the trading up in the draft, and using draft picks for stars the last 2 or 3 years. They really can't afford to do that again this next offseason.

Last edited by DontStepanMe: 08-17-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old
08-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
If Revis plays this season, the Jets will continue to have one of the league's best defenses. They blitz too much in my opinion but they make it work for them which is fine.

Sanchez is still no where near the quarterback that Eli Manning is.
Uhh Sanchez is a second year QB...

Old
08-17-2010, 10:33 AM
NYR Viper

The way the game went:

1st quarter:
Giants 1st stringers(although a lot of injuries made it more like 1st and 2nd stringers) vs. Jets 1st stringers

2nd quarter:
Giants 2nd stringers(injuries = some 3rd stringers) vs. Jets 1st stringers

3rd quarter:
Giants 2nd/3rd stringers vs. Jets 2nd stringers(And Santonio Holmes who of course was going to tear apart a 2nd/3rd string defense)

4th quarter:
Giants 3rd stringers vs. Jets 3rd stringers

Ryan played his starters much longer than the Giants so the rest of the game was off tilt. Seems the Jets would have had a very large opportunity to put up a ton of points in the middle of the game and were unable to do so.

Old
08-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I don't know how you can say the secondary played so well. I mean Sanchez did put up a 90 passer rating and was 13 for 17 for 119 yds with 1 TD and 1 INT. And that one pick was ridiculously easy b/c Sanchez made a horrible read, and a horrible throw. One that should never be made. It was a completely unforced error. Other than that the first team O and mixed 1st and 2nd team completely picked apart the Giants 1st team D and mixed 1st 2nd team D.
All his passes were short passes. He was chewing the LBs up (and our 2nd string MLB to boot). Not the secondary. What game were you watching? Sanchez also put up a lot of those yards against our 2nd team D which came in after Eli left the game. We went 2nd stringers for the rest of the game after that.

And if you want to talk about backups destroying backups, look at our two backup QBs. They dominated your "best in the league defense". You realize what that means, right? Absolutely nothing.

Old
08-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
I think Giants fans are feeling like this because lets face it, the Jets have a big mouth and Woody Johnson was trying to stick it to the Giants with unveiling the Jets Ring of Honor on a Preseason Game against the Giants.

The Jets painted a HUGE target on their back this season with the way they run their mouth.
Exactly!

Hard knocks, *****. If you're going to run your mouth, you better win the game. No matter how meaningless.

Old
08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:

If your 20 starters didn't outplay our 15, there would be a huge problem. They left the game tied 10-10 and your starters could only put up a measly 6 points against our second stringers.

Old
08-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Haha, are you serious? It won us a Super Bowl. Or did you just start watching football?

Old
08-17-2010, 01:00 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
If your 20 starters didn't outplay our 15, there would be a huge problem. They left the game tied 10-10 and your starters could only put up a measly 6 points against our second stringers.
We also didn't have the best Center & CB in the league playing, your point?

It's PRESEASON. Give it a rest. The first game of the preseason and Giants fans are making a huge deal. The inferiority complex that has come about from Giants fans over the past year is horrible. Preseason, wow.

Old
08-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
We also didn't have the best Center & CB in the league playing, your point?

It's PRESEASON. Give it a rest. The first game of the preseason and Giants fans are making a huge deal. The inferiority complex that has come about from Giants fans over the past year is horrible. Preseason, wow.
We didn't have a single starting TE, our #1 receiver, and a number of other players. Our team was beat to hell (including our O-line) from some camp injuries. No one is making a big deal of it. Y'all are just sore losers. If Giants fans can't have a bit of fun with this game (since the Jets talked worlds of **** beforehand), than maybe you guys need to grow some thicker skin, eh? It's like you can dish it but you can't take it. Learn to take a bit of chiding and enjoy the fact that it was a fun game and that football season is here. Stop *****ing.

Closed Thread