HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (All Jets, Giants and General NFL talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
^
That's been the mark of Coughlin teams with the Giants: get off to good starts and fall apart when it really matters in football.

Old
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

TC's main fault is loyalty IMO. He's too slow to make changes when things don't go well. He's especially loyal to asst coaches & especially unwilling to play rookies which have both cost the team far too much in the last few years.

Old
09-26-2010, 07:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Keller is so freakin' money.

It's just pain.
Old
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
at least the D-Line showed up today to show some kind of positive going into the future. completely shut down the most explosive player in football.
LBs looked good, too. Really, the defense as a whole looked good.

Old
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

Old
09-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Crease

Phewwwww. Most nervous I've been during a sports match since game 82 in April.

Old
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
MPJohnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
J E T S Jets Jets Jets!
Yes SIR punch those haters in the mouth, officials too

Old
09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
17futurecap

Yea baby, lets go get a god damn snack Jets fans!!!!

Old
09-26-2010, 11:50 PM
trueblue35

Can't believe it took Rex the entire game to figure out that the blitz game just wasn't getting it done.

Old
09-26-2010, 11:52 PM
h0ckeyman

Teach me how to dougie!

Old
09-26-2010, 11:59 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Teach me how to dougie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGWNGKPliGI

We are all doing the dougie tonight!!!!

Old
09-27-2010, 12:03 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Yea baby, lets go get a god damn snack Jets fans!!!!
Just ordered me one of these:

http://barstoolsports.com/cartny/

Old
09-27-2010, 12:16 AM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Just ordered me one of these:

http://barstoolsports.com/cartny/
hahaha i ordered mine 2 weeks ago and just got it, im wearing it tomorrow to class

Old
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I think the heat is and should be on Coughlin. The turnovers, penalties and special teams play has been downright disgraceful. Every week there are starters sitting out on practice. Coughlin looks like a cartoon character stomping around the sidelines, flapping his arms. The team lack discipline on and off the field (too much yapping in the media). He's lost the team.

09-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think the heat is and should be on Coughlin. The turnovers, penalties and special teams play has been downright disgraceful. Every week there are starters sitting out on practice. Coughlin looks like a cartoon character stomping around the sidelines, flapping his arms. The team lack discipline on and off the field (too much yapping in the media). He's lost the team.
I think you're right... I've honestly never seen anything quite like that yesterday.

Outgain the opponents at a 2-1 margin? Double the yards?!

The one pic was just a terrible play by Eli and the the other was another tipped ball popped into the air.

Bradshaw with a fumble and an endzone chop block...

Endzone chop block?! When was the last time you saw a saftey called on a penalty like that.

I really can't remember when.

It was like everything that could've went wrong did went wrong... AND we had 6 personal fouls.

There's a lot wrong with this team.

And the worst part about it all I really think the talent is there. I think they have the players to be a good team. But coaching, gameplan (Colts Game), and discipline have all been lacking.

I really hope they can turn this around, because it'll be a season that's not lost of a lack of talent... it'll be lost on a lack of intelligence.

In football its not a given that you can put together a talented team, and to waste one like the Giants have been doing, is a damn shame.

Old
09-27-2010, 10:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight85 View Post
I think you're right... I've honestly never seen anything quite like that yesterday.

Outgain the opponents at a 2-1 margin? Double the yards?!

The one pic was just a terrible play by Eli and the the other was another tipped ball popped into the air.

Bradshaw with a fumble and an endzone chop block...

Endzone chop block?! When was the last time you saw a saftey called on a penalty like that.

I really can't remember when.

It was like everything that could've went wrong did went wrong... AND we had 6 personal fouls.

There's a lot wrong with this team.

And the worst part about it all I really think the talent is there. I think they have the players to be a good team. But coaching, gameplan (Colts Game), and discipline have all been lacking.

I really hope they can turn this around, because it'll be a season that's not lost of a lack of talent... it'll be lost on a lack of intelligence.

In football its not a given that you can put together a talented team, and to waste one like the Giants have been doing, is a damn shame.
Coughlin has never been great at making in-game adjustments. And it's a problem. They were lucky to be tied at the half. Then they give up a huge play off the kickoff. No discipline.

Old
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Braylon stepped up. Was very grateful to his teammates for supporting him as well. I'm in a minority, but I want him back next year. I bet we can get him for relatively cheap.

Old
09-27-2010, 11:44 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Also, I still hate Jason Taylor, but he's been good for us so far. When Pace returns, the pass rush will be quite formidable.

Old
09-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
If you had told me we'd be 2-1 after our first 3 games, I would've taken that in a heart beat.

Especially considering we've done it without Revis, Pace, Jenkins and Santonio.

Our secondary, specifically Wilson, struggled last night but once Revis is healthy we'll be fine with Wilson being the nickel corner.

Sanchez is playing great right now, Keller is evolving into a STUD, Schotty is doing a good job mixing in Tomlinson and Greene IMO, and we're only gonna get better when Holmes gets back. Holmes and Edwards out wide, Cotchery in the slot, and Keller at TE...I can't wait.

I say we sit Revis and Pace again next week vs Buffalo. We should be able to beat them with the same lineup we had last night. Let Revis and Pace get 100% healthy and come back against Minny on the Monday night game along with Holmes.

Old
09-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
If you had told me we'd be 2-1 after our first 3 games, I would've taken that in a heart beat.

Especially considering we've done it without Revis, Pace, Jenkins and Santonio.

Our secondary, specifically Wilson, struggled last night but once Revis is healthy we'll be fine with Wilson being the nickel corner.

Sanchez is playing great right now, Keller is evolving into a STUD, Schotty is doing a good job mixing in Tomlinson and Greene IMO, and we're only gonna get better when Holmes gets back. Holmes and Edwards out wide, Cotchery in the slot, and Keller at TE...I can't wait.

I say we sit Revis and Pace again next week vs Buffalo. We should be able to beat them with the same lineup we had last night. Let Revis and Pace get 100% healthy and come back against Minny on the Monday night game along with Holmes.
I'm a Giants fan, and watching the Jets... Keller's going to be a top TE in this league, not even a doubt in my mind, he has a certain set of skills not everyone has. A lot of natural talent, and a decent head on his shoulders too.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Fletch

Singn'...

I agree...Coughlin's gotta be feeling the heat. His team fell apart last season (or, perhaps the easy schedule was a mirage) and he doesn't seem to have them this season. They're fragile - a turnover here or there and they fall apart. In the first half yesterday, even with the sloppy turnovers, it seemed as though they moved the ball well and contained Johnson and Young & Co. Then it all fell apart. The personal fouls are getting ridiculous. The tipped balls even crazier. Tough to put a finger on what's going on there, but it's not good. I don't see leadership up and down the organization, and I think it's starting to show.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Fletch

congrats to you Jets fans...and I'm happy since the Jets were my third team in a three-team parlay that had me up for the week instead of down!!

With Revis, Pace and Holmes likely playing in two weeks, this team could be fairly complete. Still not sold on Sanchez, who on some days looks calm and the game plan seems to suit him well, and on other days isn't so cool, and I think that will continue to be a focus. Also, LT's running great - if he's still going to be running great in week 13 and beyond, Greene will have to become a consistent back getting 15-20 carries per game. Nice to see a NY team doing well. But, we all need to remember, with 13 games left, the Jets are really only one more game better than the Giants (just seems as though it's a much larger chasm).

Old
09-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Fletch

DG...

don't understimate Buffalo. They seem to always have an ability to surprise. Not sure what it is about them, but they keep things interesting.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I agree...Coughlin's gotta be feeling the heat. His team fell apart last season (or, perhaps the easy schedule was a mirage) and he doesn't seem to have them this season. They're fragile - a turnover here or there and they fall apart. In the first half yesterday, even with the sloppy turnovers, it seemed as though they moved the ball well and contained Johnson and Young & Co. Then it all fell apart. The personal fouls are getting ridiculous. The tipped balls even crazier. Tough to put a finger on what's going on there, but it's not good. I don't see leadership up and down the organization, and I think it's starting to show.
It's a lot of things Fletch. They got punched in the mouth by the Saints last year and never recovered.

The problem I have is there is too much grumbling by key guys who aren't performing (I'm looking at you Osi Umenyiora and Brandon Jacobs).

Old
09-27-2010, 04:01 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's a lot of things Fletch. They got punched in the mouth by the Saints last year and never recovered.

The problem I have is there is too much grumbling by key guys who aren't performing (I'm looking at you Osi Umenyiora and Brandon Jacobs).
I wouldn't mind us cutting ties with Jacobs all together and going after McGahee. I hate his guts right now.

I know this isn't going to happen during the season but I'd be completely ok with seeing a complete decapitation of this teams coaching staff. I hate to say it, but Spags should have never been let go.

I was at the game yesterday and I haven't seen Giants fans that angry in a LONG time. I'm trying not to be dramatic or anything but this team is pathetic. The Bears game is pretty much make or break IMO.

Closed Thread