HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hope Springs Eternal

Old
04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
fing0rz

vCash: 500
the only thing that matters:
the believers bandwagon is going back to Boston

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Kruschiki

What a weird time for HF to add more RAM. :sarcasm

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Afino
The Juice

Chara did get an instigator, BTW.

Which by the rulebook is an auto one-game suspension, but it can be rescinded under Rule 47.22.

"47.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) – A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime, shall automatically be suspended for one game. The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties."

It will most likely be rescinded, and I wouldn't be that upset over it because it's clear Goose slashed the back of Chara's leg to start it and the refs just didn't see it.

Oh, and "criteria for the review" also can mean "best defenseman on a big US market playoff team"

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Chara did get an instigator, BTW.

Which by the rulebook is an auto one-game suspension, but it can be rescinded under Rule 47.22.

"47.22 Fines and Suspensions Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime, shall automatically be suspended for one game. The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties."

It will most likely be rescinded, and I wouldn't be that upset over it because it's clear Goose slashed the back of Chara's leg to start it and the refs just didn't see it.

Oh, and "criteria for the review" also can mean "best defenseman on a big US market playoff team"
They rescinded suspensions last postseason on Malkin and Walker if I'm not mistaken. I think they wouldn't rescind it if it cam eon a faceoff with 5 seconds left or something, but this one being in the course of play like that...the league has the precedent in place to rescind it, and I would expect them to do so.

Then again, the NHL wheel of discipline is nothing if not inconsistent...

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Better Call Saul

The Bruins made Miller angry at the end of that game. You wouldn't like Miller when he's angry, Boston. He'll probably shut your ***** out Monday.

Just get this thing back here Wednesday and I'll love our odds. Forget percentages, forget who's come back from 3-1. Simply win Monday and come back here with home ice.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

[debbiedowner]Whatever, we're still gonna lose on Monday...[/debbiedowner]

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
dsmatteson

Boston didn't mind him angry after game 2, or 3.... The bruins having a 6 on 4 is the only reason Miller grabbed the Bruins players. Had it been a 5 on 5 situation he would have sat in his crease just like Tuukka would have.

dsmatteson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That's the funniest thing I've seen all night. Hell, I can even hear it, slurred, in my mind.
Cheers, Mr. Shot (admittedly editted). Drink on!
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmatteson View Post
Boston didn't mind him angry after game 2, or 3.... The bruins having a 6 on 4 is the only reason Miller grabbed the Bruins players. Had it been a 5 on 5 situation he would have sat in his crease just like Tuukka would have.
You haven't seen angry Miller yet. You're about to. Enjoy!

Old
04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
SabresBillsBandits

On monday someone needs to make the GDT on the main page because every time a sabres fan made the thread the sabres won and when a bruins fan made it they won!

SabresBillsBandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Kruschiki

Connolly is close to breaking out.

Old
04-23-2010, 10:39 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBandits View Post
On monday someone needs to make the GDT on the main page because every time a sabres fan made the thread the sabres won and when a bruins fan made it they won!
GDT on the main board goes to the home team.

Old
04-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
GDT on the main board goes to the home team.
How about a local?

Old
04-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Savynquick*

If Savard plays, he'll be replacing our 4th line C (whoever Julien would have chosen given the circumstances). I figure he'd maybe play 6-7 minutes of 5 on 5, but he'd play all the PP time. Wouldn't need him for much more than that.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:02 PM
barcs

Julien's "us against the refs" shpiel via the Boston Globe:

"I'm sure if you look at the way the series has gone, we'll be blamed for starting it," Julien said. "We're used to it. It's not a big deal. I know that I saw Chara get slashed behind the leg. It must be our fault, I'm sure. This is playoff intensity. This is the way it goes. You turn the page and move on."

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
G:

o Going back to Rosedale
o Mair had a big goal and a couple other monster forechecking shifts
o Grier is the playoff deity
o Kaleta sold out on both of his shifts (seemed like)
o Ennis... screw the idea of him being a difference maker next year, he's doing it NOW
o Gerbe was pit bull
o Lydman with monster physicality. Sign that boy
o Roy always goes unsung, but he helped the offense, he helped the defense, and he helped the physicality.

B:

o Pominville with a goal, yay. That'll mask the PP ineptness and the poor decisions and the horrible giveaways for another day. There was a sequence on the penalty kill where if he went into the traffic he could have cleared the puck. He declined. I can't forgive that.
o I don't know if I blame Connolly's feet anymore. His brain is slow right now. It's not physical. It wasn't all the time, some shifts he resembled regular season Connolly.

U:

o Nice job refs, tossing Kaleta so there's no free-for-all at the end of the game. That worked great
o Dany Gare trying to remember where the Sabres farm team plays: "Rochesteprovidenceportland"

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSabre View Post
I dont think its such a slam dunk Boston beats us in game 6. They havent exactly out-played the Sabres in the last 2 games, in fact I think Buffalo has played very well, they just let up too much in game 5.
Let up too much? They just played the system. When Buffalo brings the effort, as they did Game 4 and Game 5, it's hard to argue they aren't the better team.

They just stopped bringing the effort Game 2, 2nd period, and got skunked by bad calls in game 4. That's why they play best of 7.

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placek View Post
Connolly is close to breaking out.
with what, acne???

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
Julien's "us against the refs" shpiel via the Boston Globe:

"I'm sure if you look at the way the series has gone, we'll be blamed for starting it," Julien said. "We're used to it. It's not a big deal. I know that I saw Chara get slashed behind the leg. It must be our fault, I'm sure. This is playoff intensity. This is the way it goes. You turn the page and move on."
Awful lot of nerve coming from a guy whose team was gifted Game 4 by the refs. The McCormick and Kaleta third-period penalties were two of the worst calls I have ever seen in the NHL. Julien's an idiot.

Old
04-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
with what, acne???
He's looked better the past two games. He hit a post in OT the other night and did on the final power play tonight. Sooner or later, that's going in the net. Wouldn't surprise me if it did in Game 6.

Old
04-24-2010, 12:12 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
They rescinded suspensions last postseason on Malkin and Walker if I'm not mistaken. I think they wouldn't rescind it if it cam eon a faceoff with 5 seconds left or something, but this one being in the course of play like that...the league has the precedent in place to rescind it, and I would expect them to do so.

Then again, the NHL wheel of discipline is nothing if not inconsistent...
Wheel of discipline, turn turn turn, tell us the fan base that we should spurn...

You can decide whose Wakko, Yakko, and Dot...

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 12:37 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Oh god. I am so happy that they won tonight. I believe once again. I am drunk right now out of celebration, and i'll post more intelligent things tomorrow.

But, screw Chara. Geeze what a doucher move at the end there! Thank god he got what he deserved.

Last edited by barnell: 04-24-2010 at 12:43 AM.
barnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 12:56 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

As expected, the league rescinds the automatic 1 game suspension on Chara for getting an instigator penalty in last 5 minutes of regulation:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,236414

Old
04-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

<------- had the prettiest EN that I can remember. He could have had 4-5 G tonight.

Miller dropping the gloves? Are you kidding me? If the Sabres beat the odds, THIS will be the turning point in the series.

Bobby Bottle Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 01:39 AM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanSince89 View Post
Miller dropping the gloves? Are you kidding me? If the Sabres beat the odds, THIS will be the turning point in the series.
Absolutely. As the game was drawing close to the end, I said the Sabres needed something more than a Game 5 win to carry them into Game 6; they got it. Everyone piling on Chara and Miller coming out of the net, having his teammates' backs, is going to be "The Moment" of this series if Buffalo wins these final two games. The Bruins may have just poked a bees' nest and started something they'll want no part of.

This is the type of thing that can wake up an entire team and make them say, "Guys, what are we doing? They're not better than us. We've given them this 3-2 lead. Let's take it from them. Let's put the foot on the pedal and not take it off until they're crying in the handshake line."