Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Random Talk 101

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
vofty

vCash: 500
Holy crap I love Texas Be warned if you don't like cursing probably best not to watch this one.

Old
07-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Bring it home Orange!

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
07-11-2010, 09:36 PM
vofty

iphone 4 facetime is awesome!

Old
07-11-2010, 09:38 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
Is that just like Skype, or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Bring it home Orange!
Where is Ajacied? First Modano and now this. He is not going to be happy.

Old
07-11-2010, 09:46 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Is that just like Skype, or what?
Yea it is except it is portable, you can still walk around instead of having to stay at your computer, you can turn the phone around and show who ever it is you are talking to something. You do have to be connected to wifi to use it though.

Old
07-22-2010, 02:47 PM
vofty

Well, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
and I went to pick her up in the rain
but before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
she got runned over by a damned old trainnnnnn

Old
07-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Chad_

You never even called me by my name.

Trivia: Who was the college roomate of the singer in question above? And what university did they both attend, which should be easy for Chicken?

Old
07-22-2010, 03:59 PM
vofty

Alright I'll bite I had no idea DAC went to college, I know Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett went to A&M.

Old
07-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Chad_

Yeah, it just dawned on me I was confusing David Allan Coe with REK and came to correct the record, so to speak.

Man I haven't heard that song in ages, not that doing so had anything to do with my momentary confusion.

Old
07-22-2010, 05:37 PM
vofty

I do that all the time

Old
07-27-2010, 08:14 PM
vofty

Well I bawled my eyes out over Deadliest Catch.

Old
07-27-2010, 08:39 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

It's OK, there are plenty more crabs where those came from.

Old
07-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
Well I bawled my eyes out over Deadliest Catch.
I saw the one where 5 go down in the Bering Sea with and only 1 of them is found dead in a life suit.

Re-run?

Old
07-27-2010, 10:15 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
I saw the one where 5 go down in the Bering Sea with and only 1 of them is found dead in a life suit.

Re-run?
Yea I saw that episode, very sobering.

Tonight was the season finale but they played last week's episode when Phil dies. I had missed most of this opi season but saw a commercial about the upcoming episode of Phil, well I finally got to watch some of the old ones from the DVR and the one about his son Jake...holy crap you just see and feel the impending doom for Phil.

Old
07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Speaking of a feeling of impending doom... has anyone watched Grizzly Man?

Moral of the story: DO NOT GO TO ALASKA

Old
07-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Yea I saw that episode, very sobering.

Tonight was the season finale but they played last week's episode when Phil dies. I had missed most of this opi season but saw a commercial about the upcoming episode of Phil, well I finally got to watch some of the old ones from the DVR and the one about his son Jake...holy crap you just see and feel the impending doom for Phil.
I'd like to get into the show again, but even more so I'd like to try fishing for Crab at Sea. At least I bravely say as much, standing 2 feet firmly planted on dry land. Good cash, good adventure you'd think?

Quote:
Speaking of a feeling of impending doom... has anyone watched Grizzly Man?

Moral of the story: DO NOT GO TO ALASKA
Didn't the guy live amongst them for years before the bears got 'snakey' because of shortage of potential kills. I didn't see it, but everyone loves to talk Grizzly Bears up here, so I've heard about it. Seen a few, from a distance thankfully.

I'd love to go to Alaska to check out some massive glaciers and see the Wrangell-St.Elias National Park(saw a show about it once, looked real cool). I'd just be scared of one them 9.2 richter scale specials up the Denali line.

Seen the movie, The Edge with Anthony Hopkins? Good Bear scene in that one, and some good Banff area scenery. Recommend it.

Correction: I just assume everything USA earthquake related up the west coast is San Andreas fault related. Thank God for google, it's in fact the Denali fault line.

Last edited by Karitimes: 07-27-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old
07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Didn't the guy live amongst them for years before the bears got 'snakey' because of shortage of potential kills.
Yeah, he got killed by an interloper bear that was on its last legs and desperate. He also made the critical mistake of bringing his gf up there with him who he felt the need to defend, and...
Quote:
Seen the movie, The Edge with Anthony Hopkins? Good Bear scene in that one, and some good Banff area scenery. Recommend it.
No, but I have been to Banff. Louise + Norquay skiing ftw.

Old
07-27-2010, 11:20 PM
vofty

Quote:
I'd like to get into the show again, but even more so I'd like to try fishing for Crab at Sea. At least I bravely say as much, standing 2 feet firmly planted on dry land. Good cash, good adventure you'd think?
Without a doubt, granted you don't work the whole year but I think Keith's boat brought in the biggest hull and each of the deckhands got $57,000 for a couple of months work. Will age the hell out of you too, I think the show is about to go through a big shift because alot of the people who have been around for a while are feeling the years and wanting to move on, Edgar (Sig's brother) told Sig that he wasn't coming back, Jonathan Hillstrand left in the middle of Opi season to go Marlin fishing for 20 days, both of the Hillstrand brothers are ready to retire, and of course the loss of Phil. That would leave Sig and Keith as the only returning captains (I don't count the other boat because it seems to be someone new every year).

Quote:
Didn't the guy live amongst them for years before the bears got 'snakey' because of shortage of potential kills. I didn't see it, but everyone loves to talk Grizzly Bears up here, so I've heard about it. Seen a few, from a distance thankfully.

I'd love to go to Alaska to check out some massive glaciers and see the Wrangell-St.Elias National Park(saw a show about it once, looked real cool). I'd just be scared of one them 9.2 richter scale specials up the San Andreas line.

Yea the Grizzly Man series was kind of surreal knowing how it all ended.

I'd give this a go for a bit, amazing.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/07/vbs...ex.html?hpt=C1

Because it is the random talk thread...I love that Willow had his career revived by the Harry Potter series.

Old
07-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
No, but I have been to Banff. Louise + Norquay skiing ftw.
Cool, I skied further west in BC, to avoid the mobs in the Banff area.

I will say I've never seen a better rec hockey tourney set up anywhere like the one in Banff each April. 100 plus team mens rec tourney. Game film and beer afterward for you to watch and enjoy with the team you just played against. Potential makings of a post game pier 6, though it's generally tame. Met some of Sutherby's buddies there a little over a year ago.

Old
07-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Chad_

Call me what you all will, but I've seen 'Grizzly Man' and thought he got what he deserved. There are some things you just don't mess with. An eight hundred pound grizzly bear in his home turf during mating season is one of those things.

Another? Elderly Asian female drivers. Stay clear.

Old
07-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
Call me what you all will, but I've seen 'Grizzly Man' and thought he got what he deserved. There are some things you just don't mess with. An eight hundred pound grizzly bear in his home turf during mating season is one of those things.

Another? Elderly Asian female drivers. Stay clear.
They are starting to find Polar/Grizzly hybrids up north. I'd imagine once the ice is gone we'll hear about more of these hybrids in the northern forests. That'll be one mean ass 'Grizzlar' bear.

I think I'd prefer to be 'little spoon' with a Grizzly then be 100m upwind of a Polar Bear. Put in 1000 ways to die terms, that could be an ugly end.

Then again, it probably wouldn't be a lot of fun to be a speed bump in Richmond, BC (mostly asian part of HongKouver)

Quote:
Without a doubt, granted you don't work the whole year but I think Keith's boat brought in the biggest hull and each of the deckhands got $57,000 for a couple of months work. Will age the hell out of you too, I think the show is about to go through a big shift because alot of the people who have been around for a while are feeling the years and wanting to move on, Edgar (Sig's brother) told Sig that he wasn't coming back, Jonathan Hillstrand left in the middle of Opi season to go Marlin fishing for 20 days, both of the Hillstrand brothers are ready to retire, and of course the loss of Phil. That would leave Sig and Keith as the only returning captains (I don't count the other boat because it seems to be someone new every year).

57K! A greenhorn probably wouldn't get that much? I remember a university kid being on the show. He did good, but I recall him doing okay financially, but no where near what a regular deckhand got.

Sig will be the Chelios of Crabbing.

Quote:
Yea the Grizzly Man series was kind of surreal knowing how it all ended.

I'd give this a go for a bit, amazing.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/07/vbs...ex.html?hpt=C1

Because it is the random talk thread...I love that Willow had his career revived by the Harry Potter series.
Can't get the link to work, but the Cabin looks like something I could get by in for a while; maybe not 30 years tho.

Last edited by Karitimes: 07-28-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old
08-03-2010, 11:34 PM
vofty

This was taken on my iphone so sorry about the crappy quality of the video but this is just a heads up people if you kill a fly you gotta flush it down the toilet cause tossing in the trash will just lead to more flies!

Old
08-03-2010, 11:46 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

yes, I would've preferred that in 480p

Old
08-05-2010, 08:17 PM
vofty

So I don't know about ya'll but I go and Yahoo answers (read them very often when I was working hard to not pay attention in class). Seriously some of the things people ask are amazingly hilarious. I answered one about a 3rd nipple. But I stumbled upon this one at wikianswers

Quote:
Can an adult male cat have any amount of alcohol and what would the effects be?

ANSWER: ok,im going to say this as calm as i can.....WTF!WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even a small amount of alcohol will make a cat (animal) very ill, and can be fatal. Cats cannot process alcohol it can cause kidney damage, and if not treated quickly, may cause renal failure leading to the death of the animal.

Old
08-05-2010, 11:03 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

vCash: 995
Tiger Woods sucks.

Closed Thread