Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

[FIN] Finnish 88 born players...

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

vCash: 500
[FIN] Finnish 88 born players...

Doas anybody have any info on any 88 born Finnish player?

Old
12-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Ströba

Something...

U16 rosters for camp in Sweden and for 4 nation tournament in Slovakia.

Old
12-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Korkki

AND

The scoring lists (top 25) for Junior C SM-liiga

North division And South division

Old
12-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Ströba

AND

Best players in Pohjola-turnaus (camp for the most talented juniors) were:

goalie: Antti Rautiola, Kärpät
defenceman: Janne-Petteri Mynttinen, Blues
forward: Pasi Tuominen, Ilves

Old
12-18-2003, 05:44 PM
daiglek91

Is Jesse Joensuu playing great with the older players? Do any have this year's stat of him, please?

Old
12-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Sampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokay
Is Jesse Joensuu playing great with the older players? Do any have this year's stat of him, please?
SM-liiga............5. 0+0=0 +0 0min
Junior A............25. 7+8=15 -3 14min
Junior B.............2. 2+0=2 +0 2min

edit: thought I'd compare his stats to Koivu's and Selänne's at his age...

Saku Koivu in 1990-91:

Junior A............12. 3+7=10
Junior B.............24.20+28=48

Teemu Selänne in 1986-87:

Junior A............33. 10+12=22

Last edited by Sampe: 12-19-2003 at 12:42 AM.
Old
12-19-2003, 05:03 AM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampe
Without knowing much about the Ässät juniors he's playing with, I think it's safe to say that both Koivu and Selänne were surrounded by more talent than he is.

Old
12-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Korkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh
Without knowing much about the Ässät juniors he's playing with, I think it's safe to say that both Koivu and Selänne were surrounded by more talent than he is.
I don't remember Selänne's linemates 100% surely(was Säilynoja with him from juniors?), but I think that Koivu played with Kalle Kaskinen (who? - made more points than Saku in Juniors) and Niko Mikkola or Jani Kiviharju (which are agitators in SM-liiga now). But Eh is right, both had better linemates.

Joensuu plays with 84-born Tuomas Takala and 85-born Petteri Tasku. Both are players with no NHL potential, probably without even SM-liiga potential. Line was made on the end of October and after that it has been the best line of A-juniors. This has been the only line which has been the same for most of the season. Overall Ässät have lost quite many games with only one goal difference and scored quite few goals (only 73 - most have made 80-90 goals).

EDIT: And I think that it is unfair to compare 10 years old statistics, because even in juniors the goal amounts scored have gone down just like in seniors. (In seniors the average has dropped from 7 to 5 total per game)

Last edited by Korkki: 12-19-2003 at 11:34 AM.
Old
12-20-2003, 04:36 AM
Sampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkki
I don't remember Selänne's linemates 100% surely(was Säilynoja with him from juniors?), but I think that Koivu played with Kalle Kaskinen (who? - made more points than Saku in Juniors) and Niko Mikkola or Jani Kiviharju (which are agitators in SM-liiga now). But Eh is right, both had better linemates.

Joensuu plays with 84-born Tuomas Takala and 85-born Petteri Tasku. Both are players with no NHL potential, probably without even SM-liiga potential. Line was made on the end of October and after that it has been the best line of A-juniors. This has been the only line which has been the same for most of the season. Overall Ässät have lost quite many games with only one goal difference and scored quite few goals (only 73 - most have made 80-90 goals).

EDIT: And I think that it is unfair to compare 10 years old statistics, because even in juniors the goal amounts scored have gone down just like in seniors. (In seniors the average has dropped from 7 to 5 total per game)
Indeed it's unfair, I just tried to give people something of an idea where Joensuu's at. And it's not like Selänne and Koivu are bad players And while I'm at it, Olli Jokinen's stats in 1994-95 were:

Junior A..............6. 0+1=1
Junior B..............30. 22+28=50

Btw, Säilynoja and Selänne did play for the same team in '86-87 but I'm not sure if they were on the same line. They usually played together in the U-17 national team during the same season, though. Jokerit had a talented but young Junior A team back then.

And according to eurohockey.net, Kalle Kaskinen always had a worse ppg average than Saku Koivu in the junior leagues and tournaments, except for the 1992 U-18 European Championships where he scored a whopping 7 goals and 10 points in 6 games (what happened to this guy anyway?).

Old
12-20-2003, 01:53 PM
MaV

One player worth noting is F Robert Nyholm from IFK Lepplax, he plays in DIV II U18 league.

Old
12-21-2003, 02:43 AM
Korkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaV
One player worth noting is F Robert Nyholm from IFK Lepplax, he plays in DIV II U18 league.
What kind of stats does he have on this regional league? And why does he play in Lepplax, why he isn't in any bigger club?

Old
12-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Fredrik

Quote:
What kind of stats does he have on this regional league? And why does he play in Lepplax, why he isn't in any bigger club?
Is there a better team in his area?

He'll move to HIFK, TPS or Jokerit next season. I read somewhere he prefers to go to a Swedish-language school so these three teams are what he can choose from I think.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Korkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik
Hermes or Sport perhaps. Both play in Junior C SM-liiga. I wonder why he didn't play either... Vaasa is half Swedish languaged town and Kokkola has also Swedish school.

And I think that almost all SM-liiga towns have the Swedish school. For example Björneborgs Svenska Samskola (Pori's Swedish school) has teached one NHL-player (Christian Ruuttu).

Old
12-21-2003, 11:55 AM
MaV

Quote:
I think he has something like 43+16 in 15 games or so... It's hard to say if that is good or not (though the next best scorer on the team has 36 points). Anyway, Nyholm just seems to be scoring for U16 team.

I'd guess that he is still playing for IFK Lepplax because he is only 15 year old. You don't really have to chance team earlier than that if you don't want to. For next season he probably has to move some where, the club just doesn't seem to have teams in older juniors.

Old
12-22-2003, 03:49 AM
Korkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaV
I'd guess that he is still playing for IFK Lepplax because he is only 15 year old. You don't really have to chance team earlier than that if you don't want to. For next season he probably has to move some where, the club just doesn't seem to have teams in older juniors.
That's true, but Hermes which plays in Junior C SM-liiga is not far from Pedersöre (30 km if I remember correctly). That's why I can't understand...

When he chooses his future team, I hope he thinks Ässät as one candidate. It would be nice to see one prospect more to play for Ässät, here we have quite good junior level teams at the moment. Pori is the closest SM-liiga city for him and there is swedish school in Pori which seems to be one criteria for him, however the sports high school is only Finnish, but nowadays high school it is not hard to simultaneously put sports and studies together.

Though I was cautious about him (for playing in tier 3 level in junior C) he seems to produce nicely in international level too.

Old
12-22-2003, 10:19 AM
MaV

Quote:
Though I was cautious about him (for playing in tier 3 level in junior C) he seems to produce nicely in international level too.
I was too fancy there before, with U18 league I meant Junior B. And I think he's been with Hermes before... anyway, too much talk on 15 year old kid I think, let's wait a year or two.

Old
12-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Korkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaV
with U18 league I meant Junior B.
Sorry, my fault. Of course U18 is Junior B. I just thinked that because he plays in U16 international team he also plays in junior C with his age group.

Old
12-23-2003, 02:00 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

what do you say about these 88-born players?

16. NYHOLM, Robert, F
11. AALTONEN, Nico, F
20. POHJOISMÖKI, Juho, F
12. HEIKKILÄ, Ilkka, F
1. HOVINEN, Niko, G

Old
12-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Pekka Lampinen

Quote:
Sampe, you're under arrest for use of faulty comparisons. Surely you don't think the Finnish junior leagues themselves have stayed the same for fifteen years, let alone the ever-shifting, blurred lines between them and SM-Liiga? Korkki seems to be underestimating Takala and especially Tasku to make his point, too. Still, Joensuu's stats look good in all aspects, no doubt about that.

Zäta, are you interested specifically in the '88 age group or the '06 draft class? Behind Joensuu, the late '87-born HIFK forward Jonas Enlund is the best prospect. As for the '88ers, I've only heard some talk about the goalie Kalle Helminen.

Old
12-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Sampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laituri
Sampe, you're under arrest for use of faulty comparisons. Surely you don't think the Finnish junior leagues themselves have stayed the same for fifteen years, let alone the ever-shifting, blurred lines between them and SM-Liiga? Korkki seems to be underestimating Takala and especially Tasku to make his point, too. Still, Joensuu's stats look good in all aspects, no doubt about that.
OK, OK, you got me. No, I don't think the leagues have stayed the same, but a board member was asking Joensuu's stats and if he is playing great, so I figured that little extra info is better than just the stats (which don't tell you much anyways, especially if you're unfamiliar with Finnish hockey). What I shouldn't have done though, was call it comparing the stats as I don't have enough information to do that properly. Plus I should've explained the situation. I was just feeling lazy.

So there, officer - that's about all I can say. Am I free to go now?

And Merry Christmas btw.

Old
12-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Pekka Lampinen

Quote:
So there, officer - that's about all I can say. Am I free to go now?
Well, normally I'd have to have a long, long chat with you on this matter, but with me just getting out of the garrison for the first time in three weeks, all I want is to go celebrate this oh-so-merry Christmas. I'm hoping Santa would bring me WJC tickets - the 12/31 and 1/5 packages, to be exact.

TJ17

Old
12-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Korkki

Quote:
TJ17
AAMUKASA!!!

Old
12-23-2003, 11:36 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:

TJ17
Hajoo aamuihis!

Old
12-24-2003, 02:01 AM
dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik

He'll move to HIFK, TPS or Jokerit next season. I read somewhere he prefers to go to a Swedish-language school so these three teams are what he can choose from I think.
There's also Swedish-language school in Tampere..

And when you talk about Jesse Joensuu, isn't he born 1987?

Old
12-24-2003, 02:21 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

Quote:
Zäta, are you interested specifically in the '88 age group or the '06 draft class? Behind Joensuu, the late '87-born HIFK forward Jonas Enlund is the best prospect. As for the '88ers, I've only heard some talk about the goalie Kalle Helminen.

Well mostly in the 88-born players. This is because I was able to see the Finnish 88-born national team here in Malmö a few weeks ago. I just wanted to see if anybody knows a special talent that played on that team. The players that I´ve mentioned were those that cought my eyes the most. The goalie was unbelivible, big, fast, smart... I think that he could be a good one in the future.

Closed Thread