Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hockey in Göteborg?

Old
09-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 500
Hockey in Göteborg?

I suppose there might be better places on the net for this, but this is the best I can think of:

I haven't been in a pair of skates since I quit hockey when I was 11 but the last few years the urge to at least start skating again has been growing, so I figured I'd finally get it done this winter. This however raises a few questions:

Firstly, is there any good hockey shop anywhere near Göteborg? Buying skates over the internet doesn't seem like a good idea considering how long it's been since I last wore a pair.

Secondly, how much should I expect to pay for a decent pair of skates?

Thirdly, when and where in Storgöteborg do they have "open ice time", and what does it usually cost?
I could always hope mother nature is kind to us and provides us with a really cold winter with lots of natural ice like last winter, but I can't see that happening.

And the final question, is there any hockey equivalent of "korpen" or anything similar?

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Ribban

Have you tried to Google the rinks in GB and look for "allmänhetens åkning med klubba"?

As for gear and korpen, why not contact one of the clubs in GB?

Even if they have their estbalished teams at whatever level, they surely know what other activities and groups get on the ice in between practices and games. Also, they would know exactly where to buy skates and hopefully be nice enough to toss them in the owen for you.

Ennrio (Ishall - Göteborg):

1. Kungsbacka ishall| www.kungsbacka.sestd
0300 - 83 47 21
Kungsbacka Sportcenter 8
434 50 KUNGSBACKA

2. Askims ishallstd
031 - 91 27 04
Kruniusv. 1
427 36 BILLDAL

3. Landvetter Ishallstd
031 - 91 62 55

4. Norumsborgs Ishallstd
0303 - 834 16
Box 87
444 21 STENUNGSUND

5. Sim- och Ishallen Oasenstd
0303 - 23 98 40

6. Tuve Ishallstd
031 - 55 38 74
Hinnebäcksg.
417 47 GÖTEBORG

7. Vallhamra Ishallstd
031 - 792 99 18
+++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.goteborgskf.se/skridskoskolor.html .....If you haven't skated for a while, it might be a good idea to hook up with the figure skaters for a while to brush up on some edgework -> Cuts down on your (and your friends') risk of injury if you are gunning for pick-up hockey down the road. Nothing worse than a "come-back kid" skating out of control and taking out people's knees and what not.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.swehockey.se/goteborg (Göteborg's Ishockey förbund)
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited by Ribban: 09-24-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Added a little Google feedback...
Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 12:05 PM
KRM

There's an equipment store out by Stigs Center, on Exportgatan or Importgatan. There's a used equipment store in the city centre, but I can't recall which address they have.

I'm also interested in playing Korpen or similar, but it's been a long time since I wore a couple of skates now.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote