HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pitkanen

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2004, 11:56 AM
CatWrt

vCash: 500
Pitkanen

I'm trying to recall seeing Pitkanen do something right, but having a hard time. Time to bring in Seidenberg maybe? Joni looks completely lost out there.

Old
05-09-2004, 01:18 PM
mkc2

I agree with you! I think it is time to bring in Seidenberg! Seidenberg is having a good playoff with his AHL club...4 points in 6 games... not too bad! Flyers cannot afford to lose the next game!

Old
05-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Rex88

Looking at the replay of goals 2 and 3 he was chasing the guy who scored and clearly appeared to miss alot of assignments.

He is a rookie and playing 70+ games has appeared to worn down. He will need a serious off season of conditioning and is a year or two from being outstanding.

I would even consider dressing 7 D again with Seids but that is a risk as well.

Old
05-09-2004, 04:22 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
I wonder if it would help to give Pitkanen a rest and give Seidenberg a chance. I mean Pitkanen has been making a few errors so maybe scratching him will be a little wake-up-call. Plus i'd like to see Seidenberg shoot the puck on the PP.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:53 AM
VaFlyer

I think he was chasing on both goals, but I don't have a problem with it on goal #2. He did what he was supposed to and played the puck up the wall to the forward (Recchi) who promptly turned it over right in the slot. As a defenseman should he really expect that??

Old
05-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Coburnfan05

He has had a wonderfull year and I am not going to get on him but he must be scratched and put Sides in...I don't want to see KAppy back there either, his speed is a must for our forecheck.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sam Rosen of MSG/Rangers is working the game for NHL Radio.

Sammy was on WFAN this afternoon and said the Flyers are removing Joni Pitkanen from the line-up.Sami Kapanen is moving back to defense.

Patrick Sharp is being added

Last edited by RangerBoy: 05-10-2004 at 12:05 PM.
Old
05-10-2004, 12:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Pitkanen is not lost he is worn out. He's never played so many games at such a high level

Old
05-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Strange move if confirmed.
Sami would be better with Prims, and Seids would be a welcome addition at the blue line...

Old
05-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman
Strange move if confirmed.
Sami would be better with Prims, and Seids would be a welcome addition at the blue line...
I totally agree with you . You have to wonder what is going through Hitch's head.

Old
05-10-2004, 01:40 PM
VaFlyer

SO if we assume that the move of Leclair to the 4th line and Radio up to #2 and Somik onto the 3rd line, and input of Sharp we have:

Amonte/Zhamnov/Roenick
Radio/Handzus/Recchi
Gagne/Primeau/Somik
Leclair/Sharp/Brashear

With their lack of speed on that 4th line, we will be lucky they even see the ice.

Old
05-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
SO if we assume that the move of Leclair to the 4th line and Radio up to #2 and Somik onto the 3rd line, and input of Sharp we have:

Amonte/Zhamnov/Roenick
Radio/Handzus/Recchi
Gagne/Primeau/Somik
Leclair/Sharp/Brashear

With their lack of speed on that 4th line, we will be lucky they even see the ice.
I would rather see Primeau centering Gags & Rex and Zus b/n Radio and Somik. When Zus played with Radio and Somik albeit not alot they all looked really good.

Old
05-10-2004, 01:58 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
on one hand, Kapanen will have an easier time maneuvering and skating with the puck. the lighting won't press him to much and won't go after the hit nearly as much as Toronto did. but, I think that the lightning will be harder for him to contain defensively with their speed and skill.

Old
05-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Pekka Lampinen

Is there any chance of identifying post-concussion timidity amidst the fatigue? A combination of these two will bring any rookie down, but what parts of the degeneration of his game are due to which?

No scratching or wake-up call will help Joni at this point, only the summer will. It's only a question of whether Seidenberg/Kapanen can play better right now.

Old
05-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laituri
Is there any chance of identifying post-concussion timidity amidst the fatigue? A combination of these two will bring any rookie down, but what parts of the degeneration of his game are due to which?

No scratching or wake-up call will help Joni at this point, only the summer will. It's only a question of whether Seidenberg/Kapanen can play better right now.
I agree. Joni seems to be exhausted. The summer will be welcome for him.

About the lineup, Branko had a great game with Gags and Prims the other day. Maybe Hitch will bring him up there again. So we would have :

Roenick - Zhamnov - Amonte
LeClair - Handzus - Recchi
Gagne - Primeau - Radivojevic
Brashear - Sharp - Brashear

BTW, I'm voiceless to see Johnny without a goal in the postseason...This is properly unbelievable. We are talking about a former 50-goal scorer!

Old
05-10-2004, 03:17 PM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laituri
I have been saying for awhile that Pitkanen has not been the same difference-making player that he was prior to his concussion. I am not down on Joni for the future, but I also think the only cure for him at this point is to sit him and let him have a long summer to rest. The fatigue of the long season and the concussion have taken the strengths away from his game to the point where he could be viewed as a liability at this point.

Old
05-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
And we got this far without most of our perennial scorers like him and Recchi, so if those 2 get on a roll we'll have the cup in 8 games.

Old
05-10-2004, 05:35 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
I would rather see Seids come in and replace Pitkanen then have to see Sharp come in and Kapanen go down. I would hope Hitch dresses Seids and gives him a chance then if he plays bad sit him. We did it in game 6 versus the Leafs we can do it now.

Play these lines cause Primeau is always better with Kapanen...

Amonte-Zhamnov-Roenick
Gagne-Primeau-Kapanen
LeClair-Handzus-Recchi
Brashear-Somik-Radivojevic

Malakhov-Markov
Ragnarsson-Johnsson
Timmander-Seidenberg

Closed Thread