HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

David Tremblay in the QMJHL Finals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2004, 02:47 PM
  #1
Al Alven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Al Alven
David Tremblay in the QMJHL Finals

Hey guys,

Just posted a brief story on David Tremblay on the front page:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

It's really nice to see one of the Flyers' top young prospects involved in a championship series, especially one as high-profile as the QMJHL.

Tremblay has made tremendous gains in his development this season, and is being looked at by many (including some in the organization) as a potential future franchise goaltender.

The crop of young goaltending talent in the Philly system is the best I've seen in years, at least as a whole.

Aside from Esche and Niittymaki, Tremblay, Reajean Beauchemin and Bernd Bruckler all have a lot of potential.

Dov Grumet-Morris isn't quite on the same level as the others, but he's an interesting sleeper prospect.

And, Ville Hostikka... well, he's the wildcard of the bunch. We won't know much about him untiil he actually gets to play a decent amount of games. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a real player to watch in Finland next season.

Al Alven is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 04:14 PM
  #2
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Great article - thanks for the insight.
I get excited about the young potential in goal with this team.
As Esche continues to mature we should have quality nipping at his heels in 2 (Frank) to 4 (Tremblay, Bruckler, or another) years or maybe sooner.
With the good progress made I think we can kiss Malek goodbye. I wonder if there would be any takers? Malek plus a sixth to move into the second this year?

Rex88 is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 04:54 PM
  #3
Al Alven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Al Alven
Thanks, Rex.

Yeah, the Flyers certainly do have a lot of upcoming goaltender talent.

I would have to agree with you about Malek. He was probably something of an afterthought coming into this season. Now, with the emergence of Esche and Niittymaki, and the strong play of many of the amateur prospects, he's probably off the organizational radar screen altogether.

Last I heard, Malek was negotiating with a few teams in the Russian Super League to play there next season. If I hear anything further, I'll pass it along.

Al Alven is offline  
Old
05-01-2004, 10:53 AM
  #4
panayiotis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,248
vCash: 500
2 words

Simon Nolet!

panayiotis is offline  
Old
05-01-2004, 05:56 PM
  #5
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
not only is Tremblay playing in the final but he has been great thus far, and he has a frikin nice style

Mathletic is online now  
Old
05-03-2004, 09:19 PM
  #6
FlyersHomer DM03
Registered User
 
FlyersHomer DM03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Allentown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,318
vCash: 500
great news

but i'll still say clarke burns three more picks on goalies in this coming draft?

bets?

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 10:22 PM
  #7
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
great news

but i'll still say clarke burns three more picks on goalies in this coming draft?

bets?
ofcourse, that's because he'll trade all our current goalie prospects away because they deserve to play

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 05:54 AM
  #8
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
great news

but i'll still say clarke burns three more picks on goalies in this coming draft?

bets?
Just like he blew them on Tremblay, Beauchemin, etc. What a waste.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 08:56 AM
  #9
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Alven
Thanks, Rex.

Yeah, the Flyers certainly do have a lot of upcoming goaltender talent.

I would have to agree with you about Malek. He was probably something of an afterthought coming into this season. Now, with the emergence of Esche and Niittymaki, and the strong play of many of the amateur prospects, he's probably off the organizational radar screen altogether.

Last I heard, Malek was negotiating with a few teams in the Russian Super League to play there next season. If I hear anything further, I'll pass it along.
Al, do you expect Tremblay to move up on the prospect list soon?

Pantokrator is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 10:03 AM
  #10
Al Alven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Al Alven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
Al, do you expect Tremblay to move up on the prospect list soon?
I am assuming you mean the HF prospect ranking list, right?

In that case, yes, he will be moving up.

The top 20 will be updated shortly after the Flyers season ends (hopefully sometime in mid-June ).

Al Alven is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 10:42 AM
  #11
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Alven
I am assuming you mean the HF prospect ranking list, right?

In that case, yes, he will be moving up.

The top 20 will be updated shortly after the Flyers season ends (hopefully sometime in mid-June ).
Yes Sir, That is what I meant! Thank you very much!

Pantokrator is offline  
Old
05-09-2004, 08:14 AM
  #12
User571
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between the Pipes
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to User571
Whats the score of this series now?

User571 is offline  
Old
05-09-2004, 08:57 AM
  #13
Flyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Thanx for the article Al.
I follow Tremblay since we drafted him, and this guy is very promissing!

I agree also on Malek. We could use him to jump with a pick in the 2nd round.

Flyman is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 09:01 AM
  #14
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
David Tremblay just led his team to the Memorial Cup with a big 2-1 win against Moncton last night to close the series out 4-1. He's been awesome.

Teezax is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 10:44 AM
  #15
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
He was MVP

tytech is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 03:23 PM
  #16
The Seeker 25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hockey Falls, PA
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Alven
The crop of young goaltending talent in the Philly system is the best I've seen in years, at least as a whole.

Aside from Esche and Niittymaki, Tremblay, Reajean Beauchemin and Bernd Bruckler all have a lot of potential.

Dov Grumet-Morris isn't quite on the same level as the others, but he's an interesting sleeper prospect.

And, Ville Hostikka... well, he's the wildcard of the bunch. We won't know much about him untiil he actually gets to play a decent amount of games. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a real player to watch in Finland next season.
Thanks for the article, Al! Excellent, and I agree....it's looking pretty bright between the pipes for the Flyers in the future.

The Seeker 25 is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 03:28 PM
  #17
The Seeker 25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hockey Falls, PA
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
With the good progress made I think we can kiss Malek goodbye. I wonder if there would be any takers? Malek plus a sixth to move into the second this year?
If he could do that, I think that Clarke would. Hopefully someone is interested in Malek.

I know Malek ticked Clarke off with wanting the 1-way contract and all, but I wonder if the total overall experience with the other Czech goaltending Roman that played here for 3 seasons had anything to do with the organ-I-zation losing interest in Malek. I'm sure that the progress of all of the other goalie prospects also has alot to do with it.

The stable of netminding prospects reminds me of NJ's crop from the early 80's......anyone else remember all of them that came into the NHL around the time that Brodeur entered the league?

The Seeker 25 is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 04:24 PM
  #18
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
If he could do that, I think that Clarke would. Hopefully someone is interested in Malek.

I know Malek ticked Clarke off with wanting the 1-way contract and all, but I wonder if the total overall experience with the other Czech goaltending Roman that played here for 3 seasons had anything to do with the organ-I-zation losing interest in Malek. I'm sure that the progress of all of the other goalie prospects also has alot to do with it.

The stable of netminding prospects reminds me of NJ's crop from the early 80's......anyone else remember all of them that came into the NHL around the time that Brodeur entered the league?
Totally agree that Other Roman may have soured BC on This Roman but his numbers are hard to miss. The other prospects and the play of Esche and Frank make Malek a luxury.
I do remember the NJ 80's goalies - could see that again but less likely now adays with all the international players and each team seams to have good prospects in goal so a market flood from one team is less likely.

Rex88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.