HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

David Tremblay in the QMJHL Finals

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Al Alven

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Al Alven
David Tremblay in the QMJHL Finals

Hey guys,

Just posted a brief story on David Tremblay on the front page:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

It's really nice to see one of the Flyers' top young prospects involved in a championship series, especially one as high-profile as the QMJHL.

Tremblay has made tremendous gains in his development this season, and is being looked at by many (including some in the organization) as a potential future franchise goaltender.

The crop of young goaltending talent in the Philly system is the best I've seen in years, at least as a whole.

Aside from Esche and Niittymaki, Tremblay, Reajean Beauchemin and Bernd Bruckler all have a lot of potential.

Dov Grumet-Morris isn't quite on the same level as the others, but he's an interesting sleeper prospect.

And, Ville Hostikka... well, he's the wildcard of the bunch. We won't know much about him untiil he actually gets to play a decent amount of games. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a real player to watch in Finland next season.

Old
04-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Rex88

Great article - thanks for the insight.
I get excited about the young potential in goal with this team.
As Esche continues to mature we should have quality nipping at his heels in 2 (Frank) to 4 (Tremblay, Bruckler, or another) years or maybe sooner.
With the good progress made I think we can kiss Malek goodbye. I wonder if there would be any takers? Malek plus a sixth to move into the second this year?

Old
04-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Al Alven

Thanks, Rex.

Yeah, the Flyers certainly do have a lot of upcoming goaltender talent.

I would have to agree with you about Malek. He was probably something of an afterthought coming into this season. Now, with the emergence of Esche and Niittymaki, and the strong play of many of the amateur prospects, he's probably off the organizational radar screen altogether.

Last I heard, Malek was negotiating with a few teams in the Russian Super League to play there next season. If I hear anything further, I'll pass it along.

Old
05-01-2004, 10:53 AM
panayiotis

2 words

Simon Nolet!

Old
05-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Mathletic

not only is Tremblay playing in the final but he has been great thus far, and he has a frikin nice style

Old
05-03-2004, 09:19 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

great news

but i'll still say clarke burns three more picks on goalies in this coming draft?

bets?

Old
05-03-2004, 10:22 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
great news

but i'll still say clarke burns three more picks on goalies in this coming draft?

bets?
ofcourse, that's because he'll trade all our current goalie prospects away because they deserve to play

Old
05-04-2004, 05:54 AM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
great news

bets?
Just like he blew them on Tremblay, Beauchemin, etc. What a waste.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Alven
Thanks, Rex.

Yeah, the Flyers certainly do have a lot of upcoming goaltender talent.

I would have to agree with you about Malek. He was probably something of an afterthought coming into this season. Now, with the emergence of Esche and Niittymaki, and the strong play of many of the amateur prospects, he's probably off the organizational radar screen altogether.

Last I heard, Malek was negotiating with a few teams in the Russian Super League to play there next season. If I hear anything further, I'll pass it along.
Al, do you expect Tremblay to move up on the prospect list soon?

Old
05-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Al Alven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
Al, do you expect Tremblay to move up on the prospect list soon?
I am assuming you mean the HF prospect ranking list, right?

In that case, yes, he will be moving up.

The top 20 will be updated shortly after the Flyers season ends (hopefully sometime in mid-June ).

Old
05-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
I am assuming you mean the HF prospect ranking list, right?

In that case, yes, he will be moving up.

The top 20 will be updated shortly after the Flyers season ends (hopefully sometime in mid-June ).
Yes Sir, That is what I meant! Thank you very much!

Old
05-09-2004, 08:14 AM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Whats the score of this series now?

Old
05-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Thanx for the article Al.
I follow Tremblay since we drafted him, and this guy is very promissing!

I agree also on Malek. We could use him to jump with a pick in the 2nd round.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Teezax

David Tremblay just led his team to the Memorial Cup with a big 2-1 win against Moncton last night to close the series out 4-1. He's been awesome.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:44 AM
tytech

He was MVP

Old
05-10-2004, 03:23 PM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
The crop of young goaltending talent in the Philly system is the best I've seen in years, at least as a whole.

Aside from Esche and Niittymaki, Tremblay, Reajean Beauchemin and Bernd Bruckler all have a lot of potential.

Dov Grumet-Morris isn't quite on the same level as the others, but he's an interesting sleeper prospect.

And, Ville Hostikka... well, he's the wildcard of the bunch. We won't know much about him untiil he actually gets to play a decent amount of games. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a real player to watch in Finland next season.
Thanks for the article, Al! Excellent, and I agree....it's looking pretty bright between the pipes for the Flyers in the future.

Old
05-10-2004, 03:28 PM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
With the good progress made I think we can kiss Malek goodbye. I wonder if there would be any takers? Malek plus a sixth to move into the second this year?
If he could do that, I think that Clarke would. Hopefully someone is interested in Malek.

I know Malek ticked Clarke off with wanting the 1-way contract and all, but I wonder if the total overall experience with the other Czech goaltending Roman that played here for 3 seasons had anything to do with the organ-I-zation losing interest in Malek. I'm sure that the progress of all of the other goalie prospects also has alot to do with it.

The stable of netminding prospects reminds me of NJ's crop from the early 80's......anyone else remember all of them that came into the NHL around the time that Brodeur entered the league?

Old
05-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
If he could do that, I think that Clarke would. Hopefully someone is interested in Malek.

I know Malek ticked Clarke off with wanting the 1-way contract and all, but I wonder if the total overall experience with the other Czech goaltending Roman that played here for 3 seasons had anything to do with the organ-I-zation losing interest in Malek. I'm sure that the progress of all of the other goalie prospects also has alot to do with it.

The stable of netminding prospects reminds me of NJ's crop from the early 80's......anyone else remember all of them that came into the NHL around the time that Brodeur entered the league?
Totally agree that Other Roman may have soured BC on This Roman but his numbers are hard to miss. The other prospects and the play of Esche and Frank make Malek a luxury.
I do remember the NJ 80's goalies - could see that again but less likely now adays with all the international players and each team seams to have good prospects in goal so a market flood from one team is less likely.

Closed Thread