HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers junior prospects 2009-10 review

Old
04-25-2010, 06:15 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Rangers junior prospects 2009-10 review

Nine of the New York Rangers prospects played in the CHL during the 2009-10 season.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Better than our Euro league prospects on the whole, but not as good as our NCAA class.

Werek and Bourque are both projects, and Maggio has a shot at being a third pairing guy some day IMO. Dont know much about the rest of em.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 08:00 PM
eco's bones

I think Werek is a very solid prospect and should be a NHL player.

The others are longer shots. Kundratek, Horak and Bourque if he can stay away from injuries all could make it as well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Forgot about Kundratek.

Horak looks to me like, for an offensive skill player, he needs to have a breakout offensive year either next year or in Hartford to be considered having a shot at the NHL. He's not a 4th line player.

Old
04-26-2010, 04:00 AM
eco's bones

Horak has the height--he needs to fill out and get stronger. Kundratek has decent enough size for a defenseman. He still may need to get stronger. I'm not sure either of these two make it but they both have a shot if they continue to progress. Bourque I worry about more because of his smaller size and because he's been getting injured--two or three times last season including at least one concussion.

Maggio and Stajcer might be in the picture after next season. The other 3 seem like very long shots though Klassen has a contract and is going to play somewhere in the organization unless he gets moved.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:31 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Better than our Euro league prospects on the whole, but not as good as our NCAA class.

Werek and Bourque are both projects, and Maggio has a shot at being a third pairing guy some day IMO. Dont know much about the rest of em.
I would really like to see if we can get Valentenko and Pashnin to come over next year.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:24 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I believe the Tank is a free agent now and Gordie Clark is trying to get him to come over although nothing will get done until June. Pashnian is a whole different case.

I'm very high on Werek. He already has size and strength, and can play the D end, plus his hockey IQ is either as good or potentially better than Anismov. If you've seen any Kingston videos, he knows where to go to get open and does a lot of dirty work to score goals.

I think he's a legitimate NHL player and at worst he becomes a 4th line energy PKer but at best becomes a 50 point guy. More realistically, he becomes somewhere in the Cally/Weise mold.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Pashnin they have interest in, but it was my understanding that he has a little way to go.

The fact he was able to handle minutes as an 18 yea rold dman in the KHL is him main selling point, for sure.

Old
04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
I would really like to see if we can get Valentenko and Pashnin to come over next year.
Pashnin's under contract with his KHL team next year, so isn't an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Pashnin they have interest in, but it was my understanding that he has a little way to go.

The fact he was able to handle minutes as an 18 yea rold dman in the KHL is him main selling point, for sure.
He was 20, not 18.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Im going to assume we drafted him a year late, then.

Old
04-26-2010, 06:48 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Pashnin was the Rangers last pick in the draft this past year. An ingenious move by Clark because pretty much anyone after there's a chance they'd be an FA.

By doing this they pretty much hold onto his rights for as long as he remains in Europe, and its a positive message showing interest in the kid, so maybe he makes it over. He was the first overall amateur pick in the KHL draft a few years back so there's talent there.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote