HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings and Sabres proposal

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Jasper17

vCash: 500
Kings and Sabres proposal

To the Kings
Ryan Miller

To the Sabres
Kings 1st round pick, 11th overall.

The Kings need a goaltending prospect badly, and the Sabres have goaltenders to spare.

The Sabres can use the 11th pick to get a pretty damn good forward or defensman.

The Kings, who are more than likely going to draft a goaltender anyway would get a guy who is either already NHL ready, or will be soon.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:41 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
what about noronen + 6th instead?

Old
05-07-2004, 01:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i wouldn't give miller up for an 11 pick in a weaker draft. this is a guy that's already established himself as one of the best tenders in the AHL, and very near NHL ready. you'd have to throw something in

Old
05-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
To the Kings
Ryan Miller

To the Sabres
Kings 1st round pick, 11th overall.
I personally thing the Kings are overpaying here. They might as well take Schwarz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
what about noronen + 6th instead?
I think the Kings are overpaying big time here.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:46 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I personally thing the Kings are overpaying here. They might as well take Schwarz.

I think the Kings are overpaying big time here.
Noronen + pyatt

noronen +dumont???

Old
05-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Jasper17

It is too be expected that Kings fans think they are giving up too much, and that Sabres fans think they are giving up too much.

But as a guy who doesn't like either team . I think it is a pretty fair deal. Is there any other unbiased opinions out there.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:49 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
It is too be expected that Kings fans think they are giving up too much, and that Sabres fans think they are giving up too much.

But as a guy who doesn't like either team . I think it is a pretty fair deal. Is there any other unbiased opinions out there.
it's pretty fair. a stronger draft and regier'd sign up. but most sabre fans expect pick #5 in this years draft.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Seachd

Quote:

Well, I don't think we've had any Kings fans weigh in yet, so it'll be nice to hear their opinions. But I think that if they need a goaltending prospect, they might as well keep the pick.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

you have to look at it this way:

first, look at your own system. buffalo's "big three"

Biron- the most experienced, an NHL starter...and also the most dispensable. Work out a deal and bring in a desperately needed, nhl-ready defenseman.

Noronen- as good a backup as you can ask for. can handle the reins if miller falters

miller- should be ready to start taking an NHL workload, this year.

now, with that in mind...miller becomes something you can't afford to lose...and are you going to draft a better play with an 11th pick in a weak draft? maybe if this were last year's draft, i could see doing it. players like dustin brown, zach parise, anthony stewart...guys that would normally be at least top ten in most other drafts were still available. is ryan miller worth giving up for....drew stafford? wojtech wolski? one of the others projected to go in that range? i just don't think so.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Well, I don't think we've had the opinions of any Kings fans yet, so it'll help for them to weigh in. But I think that if they need a goaltending prospect, they might as well keep the pick.
Yea. But Miller is closer to being NHL ready.

Not to mention the first 2 seasons after a player is drafted are the most important. You never know what you really have untill then.

Miller has already gone through those important years of development and has gotten better and better and has become a great propsect, maybe the best.

There is a greater chance of getting a bust if you draft a guy. it is a little more of a safer bet if you get a great prospect who is 2 years out of the draft than if you draft one.

thats my opinion anyway.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
you have to look at it this way:

first, look at your own system. buffalo's "big three"

Biron- the most experienced, an NHL starter...and also the most dispensable. Work out a deal and bring in a desperately needed, nhl-ready defenseman.

Noronen- as good a backup as you can ask for. can handle the reins if miller falters

miller- should be ready to start taking an NHL workload, this year.

now, with that in mind...miller becomes something you can't afford to lose...and are you going to draft a better play with an 11th pick in a weak draft? maybe if this were last year's draft, i could see doing it. players like dustin brown, zach parise, anthony stewart...guys that would normally be at least top ten in most other drafts were still available. is ryan miller worth giving up for....drew stafford? wojtech wolski? one of the others projected to go in that range? i just don't think so.
Good point

I guess it all depends on who is around when the kings are up to pick. maybe we should put this topic on hold untill after the 10th pick

Old
05-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Yea. But Miller is closer to being NHL ready.
Okay, then. If they need someone who's NHL ready, why not keep the pick, draft a potential franchise goalie, and snag some other goalie for a much cheaper price?

Old
05-07-2004, 02:01 PM
SabresRule

i see it this way tho:

Biron - NHL starter, proven, under an increasin pressure to make the playoffs, his our best shot, been given a vote of confidence.

Noronen - shaky backup, consistant starter, not top quality tho, doesnt win games.

Miller - Shaky playoff performance, aweful NHL last season. proved to be too immature to be in the NHL. cried after a loss. i like emotion, but that's OTT.

now trade noronen for a NHL backup who can win us a game whe called upon, and i see good depth.

Edit: i changed a stupid miostake.

Last edited by SabresRule: 05-07-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old
05-07-2004, 02:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
i see it this way tho:

Biron - NHL starter, proven, under an increasin pressure to make the playoffs, his our best shot, been given a vote of confidence.

Noronen - shaky backup, consistant starter, not top quality tho, doesnt win games.

Miller - Shaky playoff performance, aweful NHL last season. proved to be too immature to be in the NHL. cried after a loss. i like emotion, but that's OTT.

now trade miller for a NHL backup who can win us a game whe called upon, and i see good depth.

okay, um..well uh...i'm going to call vancouver and tell them that you're willing to give up Miller for an "nhl backup." maybe they'll give you hedberg.

and in three years, when the canucks finally get their cup on vezina candidate\olympic gold medalist ryan miller's shoulders....you can ponder how hedberg blew it when noronen went down.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:07 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
okay, um..well uh...i'm going to call vancouver and tell them that you're willing to give up Miller for an "nhl backup." maybe they'll give you hedberg.

and in three years, when the canucks finally get their cup on vezina candidate\olympic gold medalist ryan miller's shoulders....you can ponder how hedberg blew it when noronen went down.

i meant noronen. i do apologise.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Okay, then. If they need someone who's NHL ready, why not keep the pick, draft a potential franchise goalie, and snag some other goalie for a much cheaper price?
Do you not think Miller is a franchise goaltender?

The only difference to me between getting Miller and keeping the pick to grab a guy like Montoya is that Miller is 1) NHL ready and 2) Proven that he really is a great prospect (which is hard to tell when you first draft a guy).

The only logical reason why the Kings wouldn't do this trade is if they thought Miller wasn't a franchise goaltender. So if that is what you are saying then just say it. If not than I don't understand you point.

A cheaper price? You want to get a young franchise goaltender with the 11th pick. Whats negative between trading it for one or drafting one yourself? I don't understand your logic here.

I can understand why the Sabres may not like this deal, but not the Kings.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Do you not think Miller is a franchise goaltender?
No I don't. And if the Kings don't either, then why not take the chance that you'll get one in the draft?

Old
05-07-2004, 02:36 PM
nikolai19

Here is a proposal:

To LA: Ryan Miller, Henrik Tallinder, 2nd rounder this year

To BUFF: Aaron Miller, #11 in this year's draft, Michael Cammalleri

Reasoning: LA needs a franchise goalie like Miller. Tallinder provides some depth defensively and can be paired with Norstrom, and LA get's Buffalo's second rounder.

Buffalo gets Aaron Miller, who is a top 3 defenseman when he stays healthy. If Zhitnik leaves via free agency, it will be a grand idea to get some veteran leadership as well to fill his role, also Miller is from Buffalo. The # 11 can get you Schwarz or Montoya, who can then take Miller's place in Rochester. Cammalleri is a good young player who has the potential to be Mike Comrie part 2, if he stays healthy (he's 21 and already had three concussions).

Old
05-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Does Miller have to thru waivers to get sent to the AHL? Because if he does, that lowers BUFF's leverage. They would then have to trade a goaltender to avoid keeping 3 goalies on the roster, which would mean that someone wouldn't be getting any playing time.

I would think the Kings would be all over 11th overall for Miller. I would expect BUFF to probably not make that deal though, and try to move Noronen for less coming back the other way.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Jasper17

[QUOTE=Beukeboom Fan]Does Miller have to thru waivers to get sent to the AHL? Because if he does, that lowers BUFF's leverage.

Thats is a great point.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
No I don't. And if the Kings don't either, then why not take the chance that you'll get one in the draft?
Well then if you don't consider Miller a top goaltending prospect who do you. Cause I think most people would put him right up there near the top of the list.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:57 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Ryan Miller is going nowhere!!

If you want him then you will have to overpay...

Darcy Regier will demand far more then he is worth, it is a fact.

My proposal:

Mika Noronen and a 5th round pick for Aaron Miller

or

Marty Biron for 3rd and Aaron Miller

Old
05-07-2004, 04:05 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

as a kings' fan, i would not do miller for #11 straight - my counter offer is miller + 2nd for #11 overall. the kings have no 2nd this year, and after trading away both sergei anshakov and jared aulin this year (ouch), our prospect depth is suddenly not quite so deep. we cannot afford to go a year without a single pick in the top two rounds.

i would LOVE to do an aaron miller for ryan miller trade, and i would do that in a heartbeat.

Old
05-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
as a kings' fan, i would not do miller for #11 straight - my counter offer is miller + 2nd for #11 overall. the kings have no 2nd this year, and after trading away both sergei anshakov and jared aulin this year (ouch), our prospect depth is suddenly not quite so deep. we cannot afford to go a year without a single pick in the top two rounds.

i would LOVE to do an aaron miller for ryan miller trade, and i would do that in a heartbeat.
Yea but I think the Kings plans are too draft a goaltender with the 11th pick anyway. So why not get a prospect who is ready to play now rather than a guy who isn't ready to play and may never be?

The only reason why the Kings wouldn't do this deal is if they plan on drafting a forward or defensman, or think that Miller isn't a franchise goaltender.

And I think not drafting a goaltender or getting a young goaltender is stupid, and anyone who thinks Miller is not as good of a goaltending prospect as there is out there is stupid.

Old
05-07-2004, 04:34 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator

Really?You would trade Aaron Miller for Ryan Miller?In a heartbeat?

Ryan is worth 3X as much as Aaron.

Cammaleri and 11 for Ryan Miller and a 6th.

Closed Thread