HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Who sells a toe curve?

Old
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
mbush82

vCash: 500
Who sells a toe curve?

Does anyone know where I can buy a toe curved replacement blade? Seems like no company sells these anywhere, which makes me wonder why, since they could have a monopoly on them.

mbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Kynetyk is about to come out with a retail toe curve, a clone of a zherdev, but not sure if that is going to be one pieces only or blades too.

harrow 4 pattern is probably the closest thing right now.

or you could find a pro stock and send it to combat to get a mold made and get ballistik blades.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Another option is to get a wood blade, heat it up and place in a vice and add a toe curve. The three curves to the right I did by hand.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Heat McManus

You can always modify a wood blade and find a LHS that is working with a company that does customs. Min order is usually 12.

A customer of mine has been using SWD's with a toe-curve (originally a Zherdev pro stock) and the blades have been really well made. Good performance and durability. And this guy is a beast. The fact that he's gotten good life out of them is impressive. He gave me one to use as well and if I neede my curve in a custom ever I'd have no reservations about going with SWD.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
A pre shaved down Spezza blade could work. Pro Stock of course. He was using a 2 piece for a while so Im sure there are some around somewhere.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote