HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lemaire Announces Retirement

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
  #51
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,129
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
and btw i dont want jmac as coach

just 2 years ago everybody was calling for johnny mac to be fired because how bad our offense was and our pp and noone wanted him to be head coach when we were looking for a coach before sutter and noone wanted him as coach when we were looking for a coach before lemaire, but now people want him because the lowell devils made the playoffs
oh i remember, which is why i dunno how id feel about him yet. this team is dying for a coach with powerplay know how and jmac was running the powerplay into the ground. but i dont even care right now at the moment. im still seething about the loss and the lepew retirement has only made me slightly happy. if the next coach can get this team firing on all cylinders on an effective powerplay, awesome. if the next coach can get this team to use an up tempo puck posession system, awesome. is it october yet?

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
  #52
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Only downside is that players gotta learn from another coach.
Well, they can't learn anything worse than what we just withnessed.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
  #53
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
no thanks to Maclean. we need some new blood
This. The team has had the same problem since the lockout. I think we need a fresh face.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:16 AM
  #54
NJDevs26
Moderator
No more status quo?!
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,507
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
yep, i wanted tipett too. i think he was **** canned unjustly and just as a scapegoat, hes a great coach and is proving that more so now
God, don't remind me. I was so ticked off we didn't even give Tippett a call. Problem is though I think Lou had already offered JL the job and was waiting on JL to accept or decline. Plus according to a poster on NJDevs he was in talks with Haviland as well.

I have mixed feelings, as a fan this had to be done and I'm glad it was done quickly but as someone who grew up with the Jacques late 90's Devils I'm sorry it ended this way. I just hope we can make changes with the players the way we did the coach and not make him the entire scapegoat (though like I said this had to be done for a number of reasons).

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:16 AM
  #55
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
Puck Daddy said Lemaire will stay in the organization.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:16 AM
  #56
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
btw, im not talking about anyone in particular, i just remember a lot of people *****ing about johnny mac not 2 years ago

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
  #57
NJDevs26
Moderator
No more status quo?!
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,507
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
I get the feeling that this is one of those handshake deals like with Sutter. He agreed to let Sutter go after a couple of seasons if he wasn't successful and wanted to back home. I think with Lemaire, there was a handshake that he'd do his best to give him a great team to win and if it didn't, Lemaire would retire, stay on as a consultant, and his right hand man (the only other person Lemaire brought with him) would become his successor. I think the plan all along was to give Tremblay an opportunity to become an NHL head coach.
Please be wrong. This is about the only thing that could be worse than JL sticking around.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
  #58
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
God, don't remind me. I was so ticked off we didn't even give Tippett a call. Problem is though I think Lou had already offered JL the job and was waiting on JL to accept or decline. Plus according to a poster on NJDevs he was in talks with Haviland as well.

I have mixed feelings, as a fan this had to be done and I'm glad it was done quickly but as someone who grew up with the Jacques late 90's Devils I'm sorry it ended this way. I just hope we can make changes with the players the way we did the coach and not make him the entire scapegoat (though like I said this had to be done for a number of reasons).
i think lemaire was the last person lou called, he was kind of the fall back, realizing noone was going to offer him a head coaching job so he could look around a bit THEN offer lemaire the position if noone wanted it

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
  #59
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,400
vCash: 369
good.

Next.


__________________

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
  #60
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PA/NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 43,041
vCash: 500
Ted Nolan anyone?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
  #61
BrodeursCups
....
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Phenomenal news! Thank ****in god.

We need to bring in someone from outside of the org to go behind the bench. I want accountability, a pp mind and a return to an uptempo forechecking system.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:19 AM
  #62
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
no thanks to Maclean. we need some new blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
and btw i dont want jmac as coach

just 2 years ago everybody was calling for johnny mac to be fired because how bad our offense was and our pp and noone wanted him to be head coach when we were looking for a coach before sutter and noone wanted him as coach when we were looking for a coach before lemaire, but now people want him because the lowell devils made the playoffs
This.

We need a coach that will utilise our best assets and that's Parise, Elias, Zajac, Zubrus and hopefully Kovalchuk. I know I keep on bringing his name up and it's not because he's a french canadian but because he plays a system that we've been demanding for years now. He's a specialist of the PP and god knows that we need to be better on special teams cause the way the "new NHL" is being called, special teams can make or break you. We saw first hand what a crappy PP can do to you in the SCP and someone with such a talent, is good with kids and has the track record of a winner... you can't let this guy pass by for someone like J-Mac, who didn't really show us anything interesting when he was a assistant coach with this exact team 2 years ago.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:19 AM
  #63
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
Ted Nolan anyone?
no thanks.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:23 AM
  #64
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
I think the plan all along was to give Tremblay an opportunity to become an NHL head coach.
I doubt it. Everyone remembers what happened the last time Tremblay was a head coach. Lou isn't that crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
no thanks to Maclean. we need some new blood
I'm in two minds about this. MacLean has done very well in Lowell, and I think he is probably capable of taking over here. Especially if we are going to have some more rookies in the lineup, it would be good to bring in someone they already know.

At the same time, the organisation really needs a culture change. We'll see what Lou decides to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
Ted Nolan anyone?
There's a reason he doesn't have a job. And in any case, I don't think he's right for the Devils. His coaching style would clash too much with Lou.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
  #65
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Phenomenal news! Thank ****in god.

We need to bring in someone from outside of the org to go behind the bench. I want accountability, a pp mind and a return to an uptempo forechecking system.
You just covered all the strong aspects of Guy Boucher's system.

Someone from outside of the organisation = check
PP genius = check
Uptempo forechecking system = check
Has one of the best track records out there = check

If you ask me what I'd prefer between resigning Kovalchuk or landing Guy Boucher as our new head coach... I'd have to go with Guy Boucher. He would flip the script on this team like you wouldn't believe and seing Parise and the gang play a hard aggresive forechecking system while having a major turnaround with our PP is a no-brainer to me.

VOTE GUY BOUCHER !!!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:29 AM
  #66
theking72
Confucius Ackbar
 
theking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,254
vCash: 1120
Lou: "There’s no question in my mind (Lemaire will be back) unless there is something I don’t know"


theking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
  #67
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking72 View Post
Lou: "There’s no question in my mind (Lemaire will be back) unless there is something I don’t know"
What Lou says in the media and what Lou does are two different things. There's no doubt in my mind that this "retirement" wasn't Lemaire's idea.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
  #68
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Thank the ****in lord.

Maybe next season won't be a waste after all.

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
  #69
Goose Huckabee
Registered User
 
Goose Huckabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
Not surprising but still.. wow. Glad he's apparently sticking with the organization in some capacity. Would love for him to help prospects develop in camps and such, be a special assignment coach, etc.

Another no vote for MacLean and a huge yes vote for another increase in role for Stevens. I don't know who you give the big job to now, and whoever it is there's no guarantee it'll benefit the on-ice product next year since everyone is going to again have to learn a new coach and system, etc. And the constant turmoil has to be taxing on the "core" guys who've been here since the lockout.

I'm not rejoicing but at the same time I'm not mourning. I won't be excited until there's something of a roster overhaul that involves us acquiring a stud defender. Seeing Drew Doughty doing what he's doing as a 20-year-old is driving me insane.

Goose Huckabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
  #70
KarmaIsAKiller
Larssonist
 
KarmaIsAKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,623
vCash: 500
At least Lou still has some grasp on reality. Sometimes, his shadowy ways make me feel so...morally undecided. Probably the sign of a good GM.

KarmaIsAKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
  #71
JMadden11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dumont, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Take this for what it's worth, but a classmate of mine who worked for the Devils talked to one of her friends who still works for them, and this was definitely a forced retirement.

JMadden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:37 AM
  #72
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User
 
jkrdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 30,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadden11 View Post
Take this for what it's worth, but a classmate of mine who worked for the Devils talked to one of her friends who still works for them, and this was definitely a forced retirement.
That they are still paying him basically tells us that.

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:38 AM
  #73
theking72
Confucius Ackbar
 
theking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,254
vCash: 1120
Suck up to Kovy with a Russian coach

Brylin!

theking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:38 AM
  #74
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose Huckabee View Post
Not surprising but still.. wow. Glad he's apparently sticking with the organization in some capacity. Would love for him to help prospects develop in camps and such, be a special assignment coach, etc.

Another no vote for MacLean and a huge yes vote for another increase in role for Stevens. I don't know who you give the big job to now, and whoever it is there's no guarantee it'll benefit the on-ice product next year since everyone is going to again have to learn a new coach and system, etc. And the constant turmoil has to be taxing on the "core" guys who've been here since the lockout.

I'm not rejoicing but at the same time I'm not mourning. I won't be excited until there's something of a roster overhaul that involves us acquiring a stud defender. Seeing Drew Doughty doing what he's doing as a 20-year-old is driving me insane.
And how would you do that, by wishing upon a star?

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:39 AM
  #75
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,619
vCash: 500

BenedictGomez is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.