HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2010 (part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2010, 01:12 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
I don't think that Gomez is going anywhere and I don't think he particularly needs to go anywhere for the team to make progress. He's a very good 5-on-5 player who plays tough minutes and the Habs, who are a very weak 5-on-5 club, desperately need these skills. He was second only to Pleks in 5-on-5 scoring this year

He's probably the worst fit with Martin on the team, though. Everyone's puck possession numbers craters when they join the Habs, but Gomez, who was a champ at it, cratered worse than everyone else (though he's still possibly the best Hab in this regard). His tilt-the-ice-forward style is very incompatible on a team that operates by keeping the puck in its own end 75% of the game.

Old
05-20-2010, 01:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
That would all depend on where the team is positioned in the standings.

The reason I never do trade proposals is because they are so hard to do. You have to know:

A) What the need of both teams are
B) Whether it is equal value, or approximate.
C) Salary Cap

Too many people say they want player X and that they would trade Price for that player. Most of the time the other team has no need for another goaltender as they already have a strong number 1.

Anyway, Im getting off topic now.
I only said that one because it's clear CLB is still looking for a #1 center for nash. They are prob content with vermette, but if they want to make playoffs, they'll need better.

I think it's equal value and we even take salary back, including which is pretty much a salary dumb in clark.

I think the idea is, most ppl would like a guy like price, halak, or whatever. But when you make prosposals you seek something you need and they on the other hand will say "at that price? rather stick to this goalie or this player". I mean, you offer them price for scraps, they won't say "we have a #1 already". Most fans/teams want improvements but arent willing to sacrifice to get it.

Old
05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Trade the whole damn team!!!! I can't stand this hockey in May...I WANT TO TANK!!!!!

Old
05-22-2010, 06:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

God i want Gomez gone.

Old
05-22-2010, 06:13 PM
couris

Gomez + Pacioretty for Lecavalier

Old
05-22-2010, 06:16 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Gomez + Pacioretty for Lecavalier
Actually, I don't see that this makes the Habs better. Lecavalier is terrible defensively, you realize.

Gomez is really getting a tough ride. His style is the most incompatible with the coach's system of all the guys on the team. He was brought in because he's a puck possession ace on a team that was supposed to play puck possession, except they didn't.

People forget how the team played early in the season before Martin's passive puck concession approach set in. They were doing very well at 5-on-5 and getting sabotaged by spotty goaltending. One game Gomez completely neutralized Peverly and Kovalchuk, at the peak of Atlanta's hot streak, by the simple expedient of having the puck all game.

This is his game, but the Habs don't play that way.

Old
05-22-2010, 06:22 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Actually, I don't see that this makes the Habs better. Lecavalier is terrible defensively, you realize.

Gomez is really getting a tough ride. His style is the most incompatible with the coach's system of all the guys on the team. He was brought in because he's a puck possession ace on a team that was supposed to play puck possession, except they didn't.

People forget how the team played early in the season before Martin's passive puck concession approach set in. They were doing very well at 5-on-5 and getting sabotaged by spotty goaltending. One game Gomez completely neutralized Peverly and Kovalchuk, at the peak of Atlanta's hot streak, by the simple expedient of having the puck all game.

Lecavalier is the perfect solution for teams trapping teams when they take the lead like Philly. It is too easy to shut down the centers soft like plekachu and gomez. When the centers are shutted down, you can forget the wingers(soft). We need guys like Lecavalier, Backes, Penner. We need diversity on our attack.

I dont care how good gomez was against atalanta. Today philly showed us the importance of big centers.

Old
05-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

Don't disagree with your analysis, but wouldn't it be nice to have a number one center, who can actually shoot the puck? Gomez's shooting ability is a joke.

Defending Gomez is easy.....take away the pass, he'll either shoot....which is laughable and not going in, or he'll still try to make the pass, which can than be easily broken up.

Good skater, good passer....but absolutely lousy shooter.....I'll trade Gomez's skating and passing for a center with size, who can shoot.

Old
05-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Bieber fever

we dont need lecavalier and his horrible contract.

Old
05-22-2010, 06:43 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Lecavalier is the perfect solution for teams trapping teams when they take the lead like Philly.
Puh-leeze.

With Lecavalier as the #1 center the Habs will end up having to catch up a lot, sure. Because he can't play top opposition and outscore. Yes, he puts up a lot of points, but he gives up more, and the tradeoff is negative. Besides, his 45 even-strength points this year are tied with Pleky, so it's not like we'd add a lot of offense.

Funny. They could get Lecavalier and they'd still need Gomez or Pleky to actually take on the tough minutes. I guess Vinny could play against softer opposition like he does in TB and end up -16.

And what makes you think the Habs would actually do better when trailing with him anyway? It's not like he'd come with an actual strategy to beat the trap.

Quote:
Today philly showed us the importance of big centers.
Today Philly showed us the importance of coaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Don't disagree with your analysis, but wouldn't it be nice to have a number one center, who can actually shoot the puck? Gomez's shooting ability is a joke.
It is. But the guy is a rare talent in the area of puck possession and one of the better 5-on-5 players in the game.

Unfortunately, the Habs' system is awful on him. His skills are essentially going to waste.

Last edited by Darz: 05-25-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old
05-22-2010, 07:00 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Puh-leeze.

With Lecavalier as the #1 center the Habs will end up having to catch up a lot, sure. Because he can't play top opposition and outscore. Yes, he puts up a lot of points, but he gives up more, and the tradeoff is negative. Besides, his 45 even-strength points this year are tied with Pleky, so it's not like we'd add a lot of offense.

Funny. They could get Lecavalier and they'd still need Gomez or Pleky to actually take on the tough minutes. I guess Vinny could play against softer opposition like he does in TB and end up -16.

And what makes you think the Habs would actually do better when trailing with him anyway? It's not like he'd come with an actual strategy to beat the trap.

Today Philly showed us the importance of coaching.
Puh-leeze. Philly showed today they have the better team. Martin doesn't have near the personnel. The habs over achieved to get this far. I don't want Vinny, but I would move Gomez for just about anything.

Old
05-22-2010, 07:01 PM
NHLfan

Possible moves

The serie is not over yet. But the Habs do need to add size. Nothing against Plekanec, but time to replace him with a center like Patrik Berglund or martin Hanzal. Young centers with alot of potential. If we have to trade Carey Price, better to do so to the West. How about Price, the K brothers, Yannick Weber for Patrik Berglund, David Backes and David Perron. That is if we have no other choice. In an ideal world, you keep both Halak and Price.

Old
05-22-2010, 07:04 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
The serie is not over yet. But the Habs do need to add size. Nothing against Plekanec, but time to replace him with a center like Patrik Berglund or martin Hanzal. Young centers with alot of potential. If we have to trade Carey Price, better to do so to the West. How about Price, the K brothers, Yannick Weber for Patrik Berglund, David Backes and David Perron. That is if we have no other choice. In an ideal world, you keep both Halak and Price.
I was on board until you made this ridiculous proposal.

Old
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I was on board until you made this ridiculous proposal.
What are the odds? 1 in a million?

So there's a chance Yeaaaaaa Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Old
05-22-2010, 07:23 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

lol at the people say gomez is better than vinny get real. i wouldnt touch vinny because of his ridiclous contract gomez contract is awful too but its alot shorter if anything id let pleks go and trade for a guy like Jason Arnott we must add some size its seems as if we going over and over this forever but the managment just dont get it

Old
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Puh-leeze. Philly showed today they have the better team. Martin doesn't have near the personnel.
I don't buy this. But then I've never bought the idea of Philly as an elite team, and I looked at the performance of the Habs from previous team and watched how precipitously it dropped. It's really quite sad.

Philly is not a world-beater. It's not even that good of a team. It's a lot like the Habs actually -- a not-too-great 5-on-5 team that gets by on special teams. But they're better coached so they're a bit better 5-on-5.

Really good teams are good at even-strength.

Old
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
I don't buy this. But then I've never bought the idea of Philly as an elite team, and I looked at the performance of the Habs from previous team and watched how precipitously it dropped. It's really quite sad.

Philly is not a world-beater. It's not even that good of a team. It's a lot like the Habs actually -- a not-too-great 5-on-5 team that gets by on special teams. But they're better coached so they're a bit better 5-on-5.

Really good teams are good at even-strength.
Coach+ they actually have more than 2 physical players.

Old
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
Trade proposals (do not take a cow):
to St Louis: Carey Price, Andrei Kostitsyn, MAB
to New York Rangers: Tomas Plekanec, Sergie Kostitsyn, Ryan O'Byrne, 2nd round pick
to Montreal: Alex Pietrangelo, St Louis 2010 1st round pick
to Montreal Canadiens: Brandon Dubinsky, Rangers 2010 1st round pick, 2nd round pick
2010 UFA's: Colby Armstrong,Ilya Kovalchuk,Maxim Afinogenov
Trade Harmlik for a pick

2010/2011 Roster:
Forwards:
Ilya Kovalchuk(9.4) - Brandon Dubinsky(1.85) - Mike Cammalleri(6)
Colby Armstrong(2.4) - Scott Gomez(7.357) - Brian Gionta(5)
Travis Moen(1.5) - Dominic Moore (1.15) - Maxim Afinogenov(.85)
Benoit Pouliot(.8) - Maxim Lapierre(.8) - Tom Pyatt(0.8)

Defencemen:
Andrei Markov(5.75) - Alex Pietrangelo(1.6)
Jaroslav Spacek (3.8) - P.K. Subban(.875)
Hal Gill(2.25) - Josh Gorges(1.1)
Goalies:
Jaroslav Halak(2.5)
Sanford(.6)

Buyouts:
Georges Laraque = 0.500

Cap Used = ~56.8

Montreal's 2010 first round draft picks:
Montreal Canadiens 2010 first round pick (27-30):Alexander Petrovic or Kirill Kabanov
St Louis 2010 first round pick (14): Dylan McIlrath or John McFarland
New York Rangers 2010 first round pick (10): Nino Niederreiter or Mark Pysyk
New York Rangers 2010 second round pick (40): Spooner

those trades wont even work in nhl 10 plekanec and mab are free agents and their negotiations rights arent worth much

Old
05-22-2010, 08:51 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
Yes the trades do work if we sign Plekanec and Mab before the july 1st deadline and then trade them before the draft dealine.
that pure genious!!

Old
05-22-2010, 10:30 PM
CorpseLW

You need to come up with a different deal.

Old
05-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
If I were Gauthier, I'd be contacting San Jose as soon as they get eliminated. We are perfect for each other.

Pretty clear that San Jose will want to end the Nabokov era. I also believe that Logan Couture is ready to take a bigger role.

So how about involving Price and Pavelski in a trade? Not going to make the exact trade, but just wanted to know what people would think about those players as being the center pieces of a trade.

Obviously, I'd like to get a little bigger by adding a guy like Clowe or to a lesser extent McGinn. Or a faster by bringing the hometown boy in Mitchell. Andrei Kosty could also go the other way.

But I believe that both teams should really talk to each other. At one point, you need to smell who will want to dance, and San Jose will want to.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-23-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old
05-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If I were Gauthier, I'd be contacting San Jose as soon as they get eliminated. We are perfect for each other.

Pretty clear that San Jose will want to end the Nabokov era. I also believe that Logan Couture is ready to take a bigger role.

So how about involving Price and Pavelski in a trade? Not going to make the exact trade, but just wanted to know what people would think about those players as being the center pieces of a trade.

Obviously, I'd like to get a little bigger by adding a guy like Clowe or to a lesser extent McGinn. Or a faster by bringing the hometown boy in Mitchell.

Andrei Kosty could also go the other way.
Pavelski will stay in San Jose. Same thing for Clowe. But Logan Couture is interesting.

Old
05-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Komarov47

Price+S.Kosty+Carle --> Clowe+Mitchell

Price = Fill in the spot of Nabokov
S.Kosty = Have a fresh start
Carle = Have another shot in NHL

Clowe = Big, powerful, hit, fight
Mitchell = QUEBEC, young hard working player.

Old
05-23-2010, 02:25 PM
katatoniak

I dont think San Jose will trade Pavelski. Maybe Setoguchi or Clowe but not Pavelski. Price for Setoguchi would work for me

Old
05-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Obviously, I'd like to get a little bigger by adding a guy like Clowe or to a lesser extent McGinn. Or a faster by bringing the hometown boy in Mitchell. Andrei Kosty could also go the other way.

But I believe that both teams should really talk to each other. At one point, you need to smell who will want to dance, and San Jose will want to.
Where do you fit Pavelski exactly?

Closed Thread