HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2010 (part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
To Chicago:
S. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty
Weber or Carle

To Montreal:
Versteeg or Ladd
3rd round pick
I think Chicago will end up doing 1-2 deals like that to get under the cap, unless they can find a taker for Huet and Campbell, which is pretty impossible.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:18 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
To Chicago:
S. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty
Weber or Carle

To Montreal:
Versteeg or Ladd
3rd round pick
I would not minde Ladd but I think Chicago values him very much. This Kid has already 2 cups and he's a winner. The offer is generous and high priced for one of two top 9 forward so maybe Chicago takes it.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Chicago will end up doing 1-2 deals like that to get under the cap, unless they can find a taker for Huet and Campbell, which is pretty impossible.
They will send Huet down to the AHL and eat his contract

Old
06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Gagne would be a good fit but you are right, he is injury prone. He was really good in these PO.
Gagne is a shooter, we need a corner man for our finishers, not another finisher. That is one of AK's problems, he is a shooter, but on his line he has to play the corner man role. Ladd Backes Hartnell Armstrong types are what we need, forechecker with size and decent skill.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sounds good in a messageboard, but I'm not sure the Huet, NHLPA or Hawks ownership would be happy with it.

For example, if Chicago was to do that and Huet was good enough to help somebody, they may try and force Chicago to put him on re-entry at which point they eat half his contract like Downie in Dallas. They save 2.75 mil cap hit, but they get nothing for that money and have to pay about 800k-1 mil for a back up.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Andy

Quote:
Gagne is a shooter, we need a corner man for our finishers, not another finisher. That is one of AK's problems, he is a shooter, but on his line he has to play the corner man role. Ladd Backes Hartnell Armstrong types are what we need, forechecker with size and decent skill.
Great analysis of AK. I've been saying this all year. We need to get rid of AK because he's playing in a role he can't succeed in. He's being used as a puck retriever, but that's not his nature. He is a silent sniper type that stays behind the play, taht's why he was so successful with Kovalev because kovalev would carry the puck and control the play and was fairly solid down low.

Ladd would be a perfect fit. Actually he would be a great fit. That's also why I believe pacioretty is an important asset because he plays a great puck retrieving game which is why we need to stay patient with him.

Ladd, Malone, Frolov would all be great fits in Montreal.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Great analysis of AK. I've been saying this all year. We need to get rid of AK because he's playing in a role he can't succeed in. He's being used as a puck retriever, but that's not his nature. He is a silent sniper type that stays behind the play, taht's why he was so successful with Kovalev because kovalev would carry the puck and control the play and was fairly solid down low.

Ladd would be a perfect fit. Actually he would be a great fit. That's also why I believe pacioretty is an important asset because he plays a great puck retrieving game which is why we need to stay patient with him.

Ladd would be #1 because of the contract, Backes is another candidate. Frolow will cost too much IMHO, Malone I'd rather sign a guy like Armstrong than spend assets then have him at 4.5 mil, that's a pretty expensive price for his calibre player.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
I really think if we're going to sign guys, one of Armstrong, Byfuglien or Clowe would be awesome. But with these playoffs, I think Buffy is going to get signed for way much more that he's worth (people will forget that he does't have the best of regular seasons). Armstrong would be awesome.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I really think if we're going to sign guys, one of Armstrong, Byfuglien or Clowe would be awesome. But with these playoffs, I think Buffy is going to get signed for way much more that he's worth (people will forget that he does't have the best of regular seasons). Armstrong would be awesome.
Buffy already makes 3 mil per year including next year. I think he'll be overrated because of the playoffs, he's definitely an asset, but he is very inconsistant in the physical game and he's basically a glorified bigger version of Holmstrom.

I'd like to see room cleared and Armstrong signed.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I would not minde Ladd but I think Chicago values him very much. This Kid has already 2 cups and he's a winner. The offer is generous and high priced for one of two top 9 forward so maybe Chicago takes it.
The problem for Ladd is he is probably the odd man out - a couple of younger, cheaper prospects who are ready to take his spot on the roster for less dough (unless he signs for a big hometown discount to stay in Chicago).

Versteeg is another one who is probably on the way out but I'm not interested in him, he's decent, but I just don't see where he fits in on our team.

Ben Eager is another one who I think is gone and someone who Montreal could really use.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Our GM and owners have to have balls like that too, or we will suffer competitive disadvantage.

Old
06-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The problem for Ladd is he is probably the odd man out - a couple of younger, cheaper prospects who are ready to take his spot on the roster for less dough (unless he signs for a big hometown discount to stay in Chicago).

Versteeg is another one who is probably on the way out but I'm not interested in him, he's decent, but I just don't see where he fits in on our team.

Ben Eager is another one who I think is gone and someone who Montreal could really use.
If we could re sign Plekanec, trade for Ladd, sign Eager and Mair, I think that would make a big difference on our forwards.

Old
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
otto bond

Quote:
If we could re sign Plekanec, trade for Ladd, sign Eager and Mair, I think that would make a big difference on our forwards.
Both??????

Old
06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Both??????
Why not?

Old
06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
I think Eager is an RFA and Mair wouldn't be much more than the 13th forward on the team. I think Burish would be a good fit though for the 4th line.

Old
06-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I think Eager is an RFA and Mair wouldn't be much more than the 13th forward on the team. I think Burish would be a good fit though for the 4th line.
For some reason i thought Eager was a UFA. I'd like to see a deal for him and Ladd. Mair would make a good 4th line center/winger. He's a guy that can play and can bang and not afraid to drop the gloves, should be available for around 1 mil. Against certain teams you can have a 4th line or Eager-Mair and White.

Old
06-10-2010, 11:04 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
For some reason i thought Eager was a UFA. I'd like to see a deal for him and Ladd. Mair would make a good 4th line center/winger. He's a guy that can play and can bang and not afraid to drop the gloves, should be available for around 1 mil. Against certain teams you can have a 4th line or Eager-Mair and White.
That would be a helluva 4th line, I just like Burish more than Mair personally, they will be about the salary and I think Burish is about 5 years younger.

Old
06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

I was talking to some Edmonton fan and he thought Cogliano + Deslauriers was a good deal for Price. Might possibly have been the worst proposal I've seen in my life.

Old
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I was talking to some Edmonton fan and he thought Cogliano + Deslauriers was a good deal for Price. Might possibly have been the worst proposal I've seen in my life.
Read some of the proposals on in this thread.

Old
06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Read some of the proposals on in this thread.
No kidding.

I value Price or Halak as a mid 1st round pick (+ maybe a mid 2nd round pick) and when I look at another player like MPS or JVR, imo, they are worth more than that so I would add to the pot. Players that are valued at a late 1st round pick the other team has to add to it.

Cogliano is worth a mid 2nd round pick and Deslauris, who I wouldn't want would be worth a 3rd or 4th which is nowhere near what Price is worth.

Old
06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Given his age, relatively cheap contract and having won 2 cups, I think it will take a lot more to get Ladd. I'd say Pacioretty/Kristo and a 3rd or 4th. Look at what they traded Barker for and it will cost 80-90% of that IMHO.
Quote:
Given his age, relatively cheap contract and having won 2 cups, I think it will take a lot more to get Ladd. I'd say Pacioretty/Kristo and a 3rd or 4th. Look at what they traded Barker for and it will cost 80-90% of that IMHO.
i don't know that you can directly compare the Barker trade... as much as that was to dump salary for next season, a big part of that trade was actually adding a veteran dman (expensive one at that) as a rental for their cup run (go figure that he gets a concussion and they win without him playing a game in the playoffs).

any offseason moves they make will have a slightly different focus.

that said, if the asking price was kristo and a pick, I'd say no...

pacioretty and a pick might be a bit harder to resist, but ultimately I think Patches has, at the low end, upside similar to what Ladd has become thus far in his career (whereas Ladd has been, do date, a disappointment given his high draft spot).

the 2 cups are significant, but it's not like he was a key piece in either run.

if the two teams did talk about a deal, i imagine that the asking points would be in a similar range, the hawks wanting kristo/patches + pick, the habs offering carle/maxwell + pick...

i don't think i'd bite on kristo or patches, but i could see going with Carle/Maxwell + this years 2nd pick as a compromise...

on another note, mentioning the barker trade, if we do manage to get out from under Hamrlik or Spacek's contract (hopefully both), I'd want the team to take a hard look at Johnsson...

if he is on a good recovery path from his concussion (which is a big "IF" mind you), he'd likely be available for relatively cheap... a 1-2 year deal ~2-2.5M... if healthy, he'd bring that veteran presence with potential to man the 2nd pp unit (and help tide things over until Markov is healthy), at a much smaller price tag then spacek/hamrlik.

Markov - Subban
Gill - Gorges
Johnsson - O'Byrne
carle or weber

that D would be pretty solid assuming Subban and Gorges continue to build on their great post-season play and O'Byrne finally settles in to a full-time role.

Old
06-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post

Ladd would be a great fit here but I wouldn't pay more than SK and Weber.

SK would be a better fit on a line with Toews and Hossa than Kopecky. Won't that get people here wound up if SK ends up being a 70 pt 1st line winger on Chicago. lol.

Old
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
No kidding.

I value Price or Halak as a mid 1st round pick (+ maybe a mid 2nd round pick) and when I look at another player like MPS or JVR, imo, they are worth more than that so I would add to the pot. Players that are valued at a late 1st round pick the other team has to add to it.

Cogliano is worth a mid 2nd round pick and Deslauris, who I wouldn't want would be worth a 3rd or 4th which is nowhere near what Price is worth.
I think PG is looking for more than a mid 1st rounder for one of his goalies. I would hope he is anyways.

Don't forget that both are young and talented and established NHLers. A 1st round pick outside the top 2 won't be in the NHL for 1-3 years at least.

Old
06-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Ladd would be a great fit here but I wouldn't pay more than SK and Weber.

SK would be a better fit on a line with Toews and Hossa than Kopecky. Won't that get people here wound up if SK ends up being a 70 pt 1st line winger on Chicago. lol.
Chicago would rather have Weber and a 2nd than Weber and SK.

How would SK be more effective than Kopecky who is bigger, more physical and much much grittier. Having a physical presence with 2 of your best forwards is not a bad thing.

Old
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
I think PG is looking for more than a mid 1st rounder for one of his goalies. I would hope he is anyways.

Don't forget that both are young and talented and established NHLers. A 1st round pick outside the top 2 won't be in the NHL for 1-3 years at least.
How could Seguin make the NHL if he couldn't make TCJ?

Closed Thread