HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2010 (part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
  #901
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
To Chicago:
S. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty
Weber or Carle

To Montreal:
Versteeg or Ladd
3rd round pick
I think Chicago will end up doing 1-2 deals like that to get under the cap, unless they can find a taker for Huet and Campbell, which is pretty impossible.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:18 AM
  #902
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
To Chicago:
S. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty
Weber or Carle

To Montreal:
Versteeg or Ladd
3rd round pick
I would not minde Ladd but I think Chicago values him very much. This Kid has already 2 cups and he's a winner. The offer is generous and high priced for one of two top 9 forward so maybe Chicago takes it.

otto bond is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
  #903
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,294
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Chicago will end up doing 1-2 deals like that to get under the cap, unless they can find a taker for Huet and Campbell, which is pretty impossible.
They will send Huet down to the AHL and eat his contract

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
  #904
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Gagne would be a good fit but you are right, he is injury prone. He was really good in these PO.
Gagne is a shooter, we need a corner man for our finishers, not another finisher. That is one of AK's problems, he is a shooter, but on his line he has to play the corner man role. Ladd Backes Hartnell Armstrong types are what we need, forechecker with size and decent skill.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:22 AM
  #905
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They will send Huet down to the AHL and eat his contract
Sounds good in a messageboard, but I'm not sure the Huet, NHLPA or Hawks ownership would be happy with it.

For example, if Chicago was to do that and Huet was good enough to help somebody, they may try and force Chicago to put him on re-entry at which point they eat half his contract like Downie in Dallas. They save 2.75 mil cap hit, but they get nothing for that money and have to pay about 800k-1 mil for a back up.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:22 AM
  #906
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gagne is a shooter, we need a corner man for our finishers, not another finisher. That is one of AK's problems, he is a shooter, but on his line he has to play the corner man role. Ladd Backes Hartnell Armstrong types are what we need, forechecker with size and decent skill.
Great analysis of AK. I've been saying this all year. We need to get rid of AK because he's playing in a role he can't succeed in. He's being used as a puck retriever, but that's not his nature. He is a silent sniper type that stays behind the play, taht's why he was so successful with Kovalev because kovalev would carry the puck and control the play and was fairly solid down low.

Ladd would be a perfect fit. Actually he would be a great fit. That's also why I believe pacioretty is an important asset because he plays a great puck retrieving game which is why we need to stay patient with him.

Ladd, Malone, Frolov would all be great fits in Montreal.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
  #907
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Great analysis of AK. I've been saying this all year. We need to get rid of AK because he's playing in a role he can't succeed in. He's being used as a puck retriever, but that's not his nature. He is a silent sniper type that stays behind the play, taht's why he was so successful with Kovalev because kovalev would carry the puck and control the play and was fairly solid down low.

Ladd would be a perfect fit. Actually he would be a great fit. That's also why I believe pacioretty is an important asset because he plays a great puck retrieving game which is why we need to stay patient with him.

Ladd, Malone, Frolov would all be great fits in Montreal.
Ladd would be #1 because of the contract, Backes is another candidate. Frolow will cost too much IMHO, Malone I'd rather sign a guy like Armstrong than spend assets then have him at 4.5 mil, that's a pretty expensive price for his calibre player.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
  #908
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,593
vCash: 1907
I really think if we're going to sign guys, one of Armstrong, Byfuglien or Clowe would be awesome. But with these playoffs, I think Buffy is going to get signed for way much more that he's worth (people will forget that he does't have the best of regular seasons). Armstrong would be awesome.

InglewoodJack is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
  #909
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I really think if we're going to sign guys, one of Armstrong, Byfuglien or Clowe would be awesome. But with these playoffs, I think Buffy is going to get signed for way much more that he's worth (people will forget that he does't have the best of regular seasons). Armstrong would be awesome.
Buffy already makes 3 mil per year including next year. I think he'll be overrated because of the playoffs, he's definitely an asset, but he is very inconsistant in the physical game and he's basically a glorified bigger version of Holmstrom.

I'd like to see room cleared and Armstrong signed.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
  #910
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I would not minde Ladd but I think Chicago values him very much. This Kid has already 2 cups and he's a winner. The offer is generous and high priced for one of two top 9 forward so maybe Chicago takes it.
The problem for Ladd is he is probably the odd man out - a couple of younger, cheaper prospects who are ready to take his spot on the roster for less dough (unless he signs for a big hometown discount to stay in Chicago).

Versteeg is another one who is probably on the way out but I'm not interested in him, he's decent, but I just don't see where he fits in on our team.

Ben Eager is another one who I think is gone and someone who Montreal could really use.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
  #911
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They will send Huet down to the AHL and eat his contract
Our GM and owners have to have balls like that too, or we will suffer competitive disadvantage.

BaseballCoach is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 09:40 AM
  #912
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The problem for Ladd is he is probably the odd man out - a couple of younger, cheaper prospects who are ready to take his spot on the roster for less dough (unless he signs for a big hometown discount to stay in Chicago).

Versteeg is another one who is probably on the way out but I'm not interested in him, he's decent, but I just don't see where he fits in on our team.

Ben Eager is another one who I think is gone and someone who Montreal could really use.
If we could re sign Plekanec, trade for Ladd, sign Eager and Mair, I think that would make a big difference on our forwards.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
  #913
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If we could re sign Plekanec, trade for Ladd, sign Eager and Mair, I think that would make a big difference on our forwards.
Both??????

otto bond is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
  #914
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Both??????
Why not?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
  #915
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If we could re sign Plekanec, trade for Ladd, sign Eager and Mair, I think that would make a big difference on our forwards.
I think Eager is an RFA and Mair wouldn't be much more than the 13th forward on the team. I think Burish would be a good fit though for the 4th line.

NLHabsFan is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 10:48 AM
  #916
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I think Eager is an RFA and Mair wouldn't be much more than the 13th forward on the team. I think Burish would be a good fit though for the 4th line.
For some reason i thought Eager was a UFA. I'd like to see a deal for him and Ladd. Mair would make a good 4th line center/winger. He's a guy that can play and can bang and not afraid to drop the gloves, should be available for around 1 mil. Against certain teams you can have a 4th line or Eager-Mair and White.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 11:04 AM
  #917
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
For some reason i thought Eager was a UFA. I'd like to see a deal for him and Ladd. Mair would make a good 4th line center/winger. He's a guy that can play and can bang and not afraid to drop the gloves, should be available for around 1 mil. Against certain teams you can have a 4th line or Eager-Mair and White.
That would be a helluva 4th line, I just like Burish more than Mair personally, they will be about the salary and I think Burish is about 5 years younger.

NLHabsFan is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
  #918
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,376
vCash: 500
I was talking to some Edmonton fan and he thought Cogliano + Deslauriers was a good deal for Price. Might possibly have been the worst proposal I've seen in my life.

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
  #919
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,000
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I was talking to some Edmonton fan and he thought Cogliano + Deslauriers was a good deal for Price. Might possibly have been the worst proposal I've seen in my life.
Read some of the proposals on in this thread.

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
  #920
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Read some of the proposals on in this thread.
No kidding.

I value Price or Halak as a mid 1st round pick (+ maybe a mid 2nd round pick) and when I look at another player like MPS or JVR, imo, they are worth more than that so I would add to the pot. Players that are valued at a late 1st round pick the other team has to add to it.

Cogliano is worth a mid 2nd round pick and Deslauris, who I wouldn't want would be worth a 3rd or 4th which is nowhere near what Price is worth.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
  #921
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Given his age, relatively cheap contract and having won 2 cups, I think it will take a lot more to get Ladd. I'd say Pacioretty/Kristo and a 3rd or 4th. Look at what they traded Barker for and it will cost 80-90% of that IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Given his age, relatively cheap contract and having won 2 cups, I think it will take a lot more to get Ladd. I'd say Pacioretty/Kristo and a 3rd or 4th. Look at what they traded Barker for and it will cost 80-90% of that IMHO.
i don't know that you can directly compare the Barker trade... as much as that was to dump salary for next season, a big part of that trade was actually adding a veteran dman (expensive one at that) as a rental for their cup run (go figure that he gets a concussion and they win without him playing a game in the playoffs).

any offseason moves they make will have a slightly different focus.

that said, if the asking price was kristo and a pick, I'd say no...

pacioretty and a pick might be a bit harder to resist, but ultimately I think Patches has, at the low end, upside similar to what Ladd has become thus far in his career (whereas Ladd has been, do date, a disappointment given his high draft spot).

the 2 cups are significant, but it's not like he was a key piece in either run.

if the two teams did talk about a deal, i imagine that the asking points would be in a similar range, the hawks wanting kristo/patches + pick, the habs offering carle/maxwell + pick...

i don't think i'd bite on kristo or patches, but i could see going with Carle/Maxwell + this years 2nd pick as a compromise...


on another note, mentioning the barker trade, if we do manage to get out from under Hamrlik or Spacek's contract (hopefully both), I'd want the team to take a hard look at Johnsson...

if he is on a good recovery path from his concussion (which is a big "IF" mind you), he'd likely be available for relatively cheap... a 1-2 year deal ~2-2.5M... if healthy, he'd bring that veteran presence with potential to man the 2nd pp unit (and help tide things over until Markov is healthy), at a much smaller price tag then spacek/hamrlik.

Markov - Subban
Gill - Gorges
Johnsson - O'Byrne
carle or weber

that D would be pretty solid assuming Subban and Gorges continue to build on their great post-season play and O'Byrne finally settles in to a full-time role.

Miller Time is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 01:10 PM
  #922
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Great analysis of AK. I've been saying this all year. We need to get rid of AK because he's playing in a role he can't succeed in. He's being used as a puck retriever, but that's not his nature. He is a silent sniper type that stays behind the play, taht's why he was so successful with Kovalev because kovalev would carry the puck and control the play and was fairly solid down low.

Ladd would be a perfect fit. Actually he would be a great fit. That's also why I believe pacioretty is an important asset because he plays a great puck retrieving game which is why we need to stay patient with him.

Ladd, Malone, Frolov would all be great fits in Montreal.
Ladd would be a great fit here but I wouldn't pay more than SK and Weber.

SK would be a better fit on a line with Toews and Hossa than Kopecky. Won't that get people here wound up if SK ends up being a 70 pt 1st line winger on Chicago. lol.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
  #923
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
No kidding.

I value Price or Halak as a mid 1st round pick (+ maybe a mid 2nd round pick) and when I look at another player like MPS or JVR, imo, they are worth more than that so I would add to the pot. Players that are valued at a late 1st round pick the other team has to add to it.

Cogliano is worth a mid 2nd round pick and Deslauris, who I wouldn't want would be worth a 3rd or 4th which is nowhere near what Price is worth.
I think PG is looking for more than a mid 1st rounder for one of his goalies. I would hope he is anyways.

Don't forget that both are young and talented and established NHLers. A 1st round pick outside the top 2 won't be in the NHL for 1-3 years at least.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 01:29 PM
  #924
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Ladd would be a great fit here but I wouldn't pay more than SK and Weber.

SK would be a better fit on a line with Toews and Hossa than Kopecky. Won't that get people here wound up if SK ends up being a 70 pt 1st line winger on Chicago. lol.
Chicago would rather have Weber and a 2nd than Weber and SK.

How would SK be more effective than Kopecky who is bigger, more physical and much much grittier. Having a physical presence with 2 of your best forwards is not a bad thing.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
  #925
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think PG is looking for more than a mid 1st rounder for one of his goalies. I would hope he is anyways.

Don't forget that both are young and talented and established NHLers. A 1st round pick outside the top 2 won't be in the NHL for 1-3 years at least.
How could Seguin make the NHL if he couldn't make TCJ?

BaseballCoach is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.