HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2010 (part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2010, 11:10 PM
holyhabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
One has crumbled in the playoffs twice, the other one hasn't yet. What's your point?
You can go back and fourth all day with this crap. I guess Price supporters can't read either.

"You can't trade either one at this point unless the return is mind blowing."

Me, two posts up, the post you quoted.

What I do find mind blowing, is the Price supporters throwing Halak to the curb because Price is the "man of the future".... and yet he hasn't been for the better part of 2 years now? He needs to regain his crease before we consider trading Halak.
He played with a broken finger in the Philly series. It is hilarious how this is barely ever mentioned. I am sure all goalies randomly change their gloves to one with more padding around the fingers when coming off a very good season and a shutout in game 7.

And if you are blaming him for the Boston series well then, I have no idea what to say. Halak was not blamed for giving up 9 goals in 4 periods this series so I think we can give Price a pass there on a much worse team. Albeit, Halak is certainly better at this point than Price.

The Blues are an ideal trading partner. Price or Halak for a Backes + package would be sweet. I highly doubt we can get Oshie from them though. I really do not know what to expect from the Hawks. I think they will ultimately stick with Niemi and see what he can do.

Dallas is not an option since they made a move for Lethonen who performed very well since being acquired.

San Jose is an interesting partner. That will depend on how they do in the playoffs this year. If Nabokov plays poorly I can see that team being blown up. Clowe is a great option. Although I think they might like their Pavelski, Clowe and Setoguchi line to take over the choker line.

Edmonton does not interest me at all. Penner makes way too much.

Halak for JVR is done immediately imo. Although, everytime I watch the Flyers Giroux plays great.

But like I mentioned above. Try to get Backes!

Last edited by Darz: 05-25-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old
04-27-2010, 11:47 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
The Blues are an ideal trading partner. Price or Halak for a Backes + package would be sweet. I highly doubt we can get Oshie from them though. I really do not know what to expect from the Hawks. I think they will ultimately stick with Niemi and see what he can do.

Dallas is not an option since they made a move for Lethonen who performed very well since being acquired.

San Jose is an interesting partner. That will depend on how they do in the playoffs this year. If Nabokov plays poorly I can see that team being blown up. Clowe is a great option. Although I think they might like their Pavelski, Clowe and Setoguchi line to take over the choker line.

Edmonton does not interest me at all. Penner makes way too much.

Halak for JVR is done immediately imo. Although, everytime I watch the Flyers Giroux plays great.

But like I mentioned above. Try to get Backes!
Price
Hamrlik
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Yannick Weber
for

Brad Boyes
David Backes
1st rounder in 2010

Old
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
NLHabsFan

The one thing I find strange (and seems a lot of people do it) is packaging the Kostitsyn's in all deals. I don't see any team wanting to take both of them. They are not the Sedin Twins, they don't dominate together. I like them both but I don't know what either will really ever contribute to the Habs. I hope they both prove me wrong but I don't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Price
Hamrlik
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Yannick Weber
for

Brad Boyes
David Backes
1st rounder in 2010
I don't see the Blues doing this. I don't see the Blues trading Backes at all for anything the Habs have, except for Markov and they may want an extention with him. Just my opinion though.

Last edited by Darz: 05-25-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old
04-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
unless you feel that Spacek has a big time negative value, this deal is heavily favoring St-Louis.

I like Perron, a lot, but he's another smallish player that doesn't fit our needs any better than A.Kost (aside from being younger/cheaper), Crombeen is a decent asset, but far from a proven commodity, Allen is no more proven than any of the prospects you listed on our side.

can't see how this makes us better from an asset pov or from a roster pov.
Main reason: calculate the cap hits. St.Louis has lots of space, we need some. This would free up some money to go after some size and toughness on our bottom 6, or perhaps a big stay at home defenseman.

Quote:
Make it Weber or Carle and I like this deal. Clowe fits a big time need, would look great next to Gomez/Gionta (freeing up Pouliot to centre the 3rd line).
Demers is a nice young Dman who would compliment the young talent we already have (Subban, Gorges, O'Byrne + Demers = a very solid and cheap nucleus moving forward... factor in Markov/Gill, and it's a very good defense corp right now).

Halak fits a big need for the Sharks, but only if they let go of Nabokov for cap reasons... which would make taking Hamrlik back a non-starter i think.

Swap it to Spacek and I think it makes more sense for the sharks.
I was going with the possibility that the Sharks won't re-sing Rob Blake, clearing some much needed salary.

Old
04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
CanadienErrant*

Price (he would thrive out West, but we need only ONE excellent goalie, which is Halak)
S.K (time for him to leave...)
Hamrlik (we must cut some $$$ for Pleks)
Habs' 1st pick

for

Oilers' 1st pick overall (Tyler Seguin, a 1st line All-Star center for years to come)
JF Jacques (we need size and muscle on the 4th line)
Oilers' 2nd pick (in 2011)

A.K for Perron or Bernier if that feasible

Old
04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
goforit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Price (he would thrive out West, but we need only ONE excellent goalie, which is Halak)
Habs' 1st pick

for

Oilers' 1st pick overall (Tyler Seguin, a 1st line All-Star center for years to come)

Keep dreanming buddy! The Oils won't ever give us the 1st overall. Even if we throw a signed Plekanec, Price, Markov (with an extension)...

I think the best trade for us would be with the Blues. Something like:

To Montreal: Berglund

To St. Louis : Price/Halak + 2nd

Or

To Montreal: 6th overall pick 2010 (TB)

To Tampa Bay: Price/Halak, 1st 2010

With the 1st proposal, Montreal finally gets a big talented centerman who has the potential to be a top2 center in our team. So we can sign Plekanec for the 5 next year and trade him when Berglund is ready to take one of the two first spots.

In the other hand, I think the Blues don't put so much hope into Allen, so they will have their 1st goalie and a 2nd pick in a deep draft.

With the 2nd proposal, Habs could pick one of Johansen, Nino, Fowler, Gormley, Gudbranson or Forbort. They are all able to make an impact on our team until the next 3 years.

(I think I'd do the first before the second..)

Old
04-28-2010, 01:09 PM
7th Player

to FLA: AK46 + SK46 + O'Byrne/Weber/Carle

to MTL: Nathan Horton

Old
04-28-2010, 01:25 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Habs' 1st pick

for

The Oilers will not trade the 1st Overall Pick, and the best the Oilers will give for Price would be something like their 2nd Pick (31st Overall) and one of Petry or Nash. We might not like it but Price is not going to fetch a large return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
to FLA: AK46 + SK46 + O'Byrne/Weber/Carle

to MTL: Nathan Horton
That is no where near enough for Horton. I don't think the Kostitsyn's will be dealt together in a package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
I think the best trade for us would be with the Blues. Something like:

To Montreal: Berglund

To St. Louis : Price/Halak + 2nd
I really like Berglund and that would get the Blues to consider dealing him, but if the Habs got Berglund they should let Plekanec walk because he is a top 2 center and it would not help his development to play with the bottom six. He could potentially take over the #1 C in a year or two if given the right opportunity.

Last edited by Darz: 05-25-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old
04-28-2010, 01:33 PM
goforit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I really like Berglund and that would get the Blues to consider dealing him, but if the Habs got Berglund they should let Plekanec walk because he is a top 2 center and it would not help his development to play with the bottom six. He could potentially take over the #1 C in a year or two if given the right opportunity.
Yeah, I heard a lot of good things about Berglund, but you think he is ready to take this spot?

Old
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Erik Estrada

For those unaware, the Habs are playing in a game 7 in a few hours.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
Yeah, I heard a lot of good things about Berglund, but you think he is ready to take this spot?
I'm not sure if he is ready right now, though he will continue to improve with good off season training, he has the skill and has really good size (I think he is listed about 6'3 210lbs). But I think he will improve better & faster playing with skilled players instead of bottom six grinders, and I would think the Habs would want him to be a top C for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
For those unaware, the Habs are playing in a game 7 in a few hours.
I've been itching for tonight since game 6 ended. I wanted to take a pill so I could sleep all day yesterday so it would come faster lol!

4 hours and 17 min to go!

Last edited by Darz: 05-25-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old
04-28-2010, 01:54 PM
habsjunkie2*

Can any of you answer me why you are suggesting trading either of the goalies and those who think we should trade a goalie, why are you all suggesting we trade the better one?

I am willing to bet you all that Jaroslav Halak is not getting traded for anyone and hopefully neither will Price.

WE will NOT get equal value for them and have no reason to give them away.

Old
04-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
This could also open up the possibility of a trade to acquire a big winger. Possibily the Kostitsyns to Chicago for Patrick Sharp or San Jose for Ryane Clowe..
How does that help the Hawks?

Sergei is an AHL caliber player who wouldn't beat out even our 2 best prospects Skille and Beach and Sharp > Andrei and we dont save much money via cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
[*]Jaroslav Halak[*]Sergei Kostitsyn[/LIST]To Montreal:
  • Troy Brouwer
  • Kyle Beach
Hawks have Niemi

Brouwer has a cheap contract and is > Sergei

Beach is our best prospect

Not happening

Quote:

I really Like Brouwer, A LOT... even more of a great fit with gionta/gomez than Clowe would be imo...
Beach is a prospect I like as well, a bit brash but Boucher would fix that quickly, giving us the kind of player we need/lack up front in 2-3 years.

S.Kost will eventually be a very good NHLer... maybe reuniting with Kane helps him turn the corner.
Halak would seemingly solve the Hawks goaltending issues.

If they lose to the nucks and Niemi struggles, I see them jumping at this deal, but if Niemi plays well and they make the conference or cup finals, i doubt they trade any assets away to address goaltending

__________________________________________________ _
Sergei Kost is not capable of playing in Hawks top 9 and is going to KHL soon enough

Niemi even if he struggles is our goalie going ahead with Crawford our likely #2

We are fine in net

Old
04-28-2010, 02:11 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Can any of you answer me why you are suggesting trading either of the goalies and those who think we should trade a goalie, why are you all suggesting we trade the better one?

I am willing to bet you all that Jaroslav Halak is not getting traded for anyone and hopefully neither will Price.

WE will NOT get equal value for them and have no reason to give them away.
That is the biggest problem with trading a goalie is that you won't get equal value for them. I personaly would rather see the Habs keep both of them and continue letting them battle for ice time. Neither one of them have yet to prove they are the #1 goalie to run with, though Halak is playing amazing I don't think he has done it for long enough to expect it. Next season could be the opposite of this one if Halak is the #1 and then Price comes and steals it away from him. But you don't want the goalie situation to become a distraction with the team. Not saying that it is but we don't know because we're not there. I just hope whatever happens it works out for the best.

Old
04-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hawks have Niemi

Not happening

Sergei Kost is not capable of playing in Hawks top 9 and is going to KHL soon enough

Niemi even if he struggles is our goalie going ahead with Crawford our likely #2

We are fine in net
So what you're saying is that we'll talk when the Hawks lose to the Canucks because of suspicious goaltending? Will do.

Old
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
How does that help the Hawks?

Sergei is an AHL caliber player who wouldn't beat out even our 2 best prospects Skille and Beach and Sharp > Andrei and we dont save much money via cap

Hawks have Niemi

Not happening

We are fine in net
You just gave a reality slap to our fan base. Thank you.

Old
04-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Celtic Cross

Montreal should contact Atlanta! post season

Montreal should contact Atlanta whose in dire need of a goaltender, Carey Price would be a great fit. Montreal could get some much need size/prospects back.

Atlanta has some great Propects we could get in return, they have draft picks as well.

Centers:
J.Morin
P.Cormier
E.O'Dell
A.Esposito
D.Leveille
R.Holzapfel

Left Wingers:
C.Klingberg
L.Kopar
J.Samuels-Thomas

Right Wingers:
S.Machacek
V.Saponari

Defence:
I.Vishneskiy
B.Chiarot
A.Kulda
P.Postma
Z.Redmond

What do you think our return would look like?
I was thinking

E.O'Dell
B.Chiarot
P.Cormier

Old
04-28-2010, 03:21 PM
gusfring

Cormier is ok, but the others guys, especially O'Dell are not top prospects.

Old
04-28-2010, 03:22 PM
92Rahman

i wouldnt give up price for any of them

Old
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
SpreeEndaz

Don't they have Patrick Kane's half-brother as well?

Old
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Reve4Shab

Price for Esposito, the french media would love it

Old
04-28-2010, 03:26 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

rather deal with philly.

Old
04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
They have Pavalec and Hedberg. And their prospects are nasty. No thx.

Old
04-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Celtic Cross

Evander Kane has no relation to Patrick Kane, Pat is American, Evander is Canadian.

Old
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
BlueBaron

Better to pick a team that needs a goalie. They are good in net for years. NJ, WAS (yeah I know) TB, FLO if they trade Vokoun, PHI, so many more logical choices.

Closed Thread