HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Frolov be re-signed?

View Poll Results: Will Frolov be re-signed?
Yes 36 29.03%
No 88 70.97%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-27-2010, 12:10 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
He'll be back if Lombardi offers him a contract. It's the "Lombardi offering him a contract" part that I don't think will be happening. If Frolov asks for anywhere CLOSE to $5MM/yr, that'll be the end of the conversation.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:43 AM
triplcrown

Unless we can replace him with Kovalchuk,
or some high-quality player, I'd rather keep him.

It's hard to believe any team would throw
their wallet at him at this particular time, but
it's a weird world (and league) out there.
Who knows...

Hopefully we'll find a way to keep
him for another several years.

Plus, he might be a great fit with Loktionov
in a season or 2.

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He probably won't, but I hope so...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:03 AM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
He'll be back if Lombardi offers him a contract. It's the "Lombardi offering him a contract" part that I don't think will be happening. If Frolov asks for anywhere CLOSE to $5MM/yr, that'll be the end of the conversation.
Funny, I think it's completely the opposite. Like I said, there is just not a whole lot out there, and I don't think Lombardi wants to be saddled with any larger multi-year contracts with Doughty's and Johnson's extensions coming up next year. Offering Frolov a 1-year deal is a safe way to go and with Frolov's relatively strong play in the playoffs I think it is a low risk and potentially high-yield investment. However, I think Frolov would bolt to the Wings to play with his buddy Datsyuk if they were interested.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:46 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
We're better off signing Modin than Frolov.
Exactly.

Where will Frolov play with Smyth as the 2nd line LW? IMHO, Frolov is just too slow, and this team is in desperate need for speed.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:03 AM
VADEN

I would like for DL to re-sign Fro but i believe he will be asking for too much.

VADEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Exactly.

Where will Frolov play with Smyth as the 2nd line LW? IMHO, Frolov is just too slow, and this team is in desperate need for speed.
Don't get ahead of yourself there. You are kidding yourself if you think the Kings are going to be getting a top line left wing. There is nothing in Kings history or DL's history to suggest he'll be signing one of the top UFA's available. In fact, it is a safe bet to be the exact opposite.

I see the Kings not re-signing Frolov even though they should. We'll end up with Modin being re-signed and we'll be lucky if he plays 40 games. People talk **** about Williams injury problems, have you looked at Modin's? He isn't any better and isn't getting any younger. But I do like Modin and though he played well in his limited time here.

You are calling Frolov slow? Have you seen Smyth skate? I think he is still getting off the ice from game 6.

Now if that means they are able to sign another d-man and bring in a guy like Raffi Torres, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 04-27-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
He's done as a King, hopefully he can live his dream of playing marsh-mellow hockey on some other teams' top line.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

My guess is 'no' he won't be back, but we've been wrong about things like this before; Dean can be pretty hard to read.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
SLang

Honestly I don't think he'll be back. I'll miss puck-posession Frolov. Loafing-Frolov can take a hike.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Youngblood93

No, He's going to Hockey Town to play with Pavel and Henrik

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

No, I don't think so. I think the playoffs showed what Fro has. The excuse was he was always on a bad team, then it was he was used wrong. It always came up that he hadn't had his chance to shine in the playoffs.

This year he was put in all situations (all lines w/ scores and grinders) and he didn't produce. Though I think he was decent in the playoffs when it came to puck control and possession, he didn't show up on the scoreboard until the last game. To me, I didn't see that fire under his butt this year. He was on a good team, and sometimes players on good teams have to play different roles that they wouldn't be asked to play on less deep teams.

I'll miss Fro. We're so used to having him on the team, it will be weird to see him somewhere else. To be honest, at this point I'd like to see what we could do with someone else in his spot. I'm tired of going into the season expecting great things and almost always getting let down, this year especially.

That being said, I hope we can sign Fro (if it's not for a lot of money). If he puts on a different jersey next season, I wish him well.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Brodie562

Frolov sign in Detroit were you'll be used properly and where the fans will appreciate your style (instead of those jumping on a bandwagon and calling you by a stupid nickname)

Follow Luc's lead and go win a cup! you deserve it after all the years of crap hockey you had to endure with this club.

I will miss him.

i wonder what some of you will say when he isn't replaced the way Cammalleri wasn't. or if we face him in the playoffs and he shows some of you first hand how his "loafing" style works just fine.

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562 View Post
Frolov sign in Detroit were you'll be used properly and where the fans will appreciate your style (instead of those jumping on a bandwagon and calling you by a stupid nickname)

Follow Luc's lead and go win a cup! you deserve it after all the years of crap hockey you had to endure with this club.

I will miss him.

i wonder what some of you will say when he isn't replaced the way Cammalleri wasn't. or if we face him in the playoffs and he shows some of you first hand how his "loafing" style works just fine.
That is exactly what i think.
His developement was destroyed by the Kings brass for years.
What he needs is a complete new scenery and a coach who knows what to do with young offensive players.
It's sad to see him playing like he does and you know why this happens.

He will look great on Datsyuks left wing and even better to lift the Cup in red-white.

On the other hand i don't want his salary of 4 mill again here in L.A.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:55 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

It was 50-50 and I had to flip a coin... The coin said yes...

This guy IS a King despite all that has gone on and seeing him in another team's jersey just wouldn't be the same...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Don't get ahead of yourself there. You are kidding yourself if you think the Kings are going to be getting a top line left wing. There is nothing in Kings history or DL's history to suggest he'll be signing one of the top UFA's available. In fact, it is a safe bet to be the exact opposite.
Come on now. You know very well we went after Hossa very hard last year so, why wouldn't you at least be open to the thought that we would go after Kovy or even Marleau? Let's not look back 20-30 yrs of kings history with futility FA signing. Just look at what we tried to do last year and be optimistic that we would try and sign a big name FA this year as well. That is the trend is it not?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
I don't see Frolov taking a 1 year contract. Why would he? He is still relatively young and could easily get what he is making now in a multiyear contract on almost any team in the league. Frolov may not be a 40 goal scorer, but he would still be classified as a top 6 forward by most NHL teams. If DL offers Frolov a 1yr deal or a paycut, you can surely bet Frolov signs elsewhere.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:35 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Come on now. You know very well we went after Hossa very hard last year so, why wouldn't you at least be open to the thought that we would go after Kovy or even Marleau? Let's not look back 20-30 yrs of kings history with futility FA signing. Just look at what we tried to do last year and be optimistic that we would try and sign a big name FA this year as well. That is the trend is it not?
Keep in mind as well that last season the Kings were celebrating their 8th year of no playoffs and sitting at 14th in the conference. It's a whole different ball game this season.You'd be hard pressed to find any top free agent in the NHL who wouldn't be thrilled to play in LA.

What a difference a year makes.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:39 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
No. Frolov is as good as gone. There's another Russian that Lombardi should sign.

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:17 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

If DL has no intention of signing him he would have traded him at the deadline, there is definitely going to be negotiations so its not as much as a definite no as some people seem to think

I would say he will either sign with Ducks, Kings, Rangers or Wings

Someone we should have kept and payed him his money is Cammalleri...

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Will they try? Sure. But had Hossa been available this summer and not last, I still think Chicago would've out bid the Kings (I think DL said as much besides his 100 point team comment) and I think that will happen this year. It will be great if it happens but every year it is "<insert player name> wants to play in LA" and it just never happens. I won't be holding my breath that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Keep in mind as well that last season the Kings were celebrating their 8th year of no playoffs and sitting at 14th in the conference. It's a whole different ball game this season.You'd be hard pressed to find any top free agent in the NHL who wouldn't be thrilled to play in LA.

What a difference a year makes.
Thrilled to play here? I think you are exaggerating a bit there. I think they might be more open to coming here now but there are still going to be plenty of other teams that players will want to play for and will probably offer as good, if not better terms than the Kings. Then what will happen? I guess we'll find out. Like I said, I won't hold my breath.

You guys both know as well as I that DL has a little box for everyone and what their salary is. Quite frankly, I think he probably has convinced himself he pays Ryan Smyth $4m for his character and the $2m for his production. He'll probably offer Kovalchuk something in the neighborhood of $7m per year over 5 years at most and even less for Marleau. Both players will more than likely get better offers elsewhere. I just don't see scenario where DL is outbidding other GM's. Then he'll go on to say that "they weren't the right fit".

Old
04-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
If DL has no intention of signing him he would have traded him at the deadline, there is definitely going to be negotiations so its not as much as a definite no as some people seem to think

I would say he will either sign with Ducks, Kings, Rangers or Wings
I can see him in a Ducks uniform, then again, I never had an attachment to Fro/Cammy/Lubo, etc. so I'm probably the minority. I'm sure guys' like Quattro probably gag at the thought of it.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I can see him in a Ducks uniform, then again, I never had an attachment to Fro/Cammy/Lubo, etc. so I'm probably the minority. I'm sure guys' like Quattro probably gag at the thought of it.
I certainly do!

Old
04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
SuperAlmeida

– Murray said he would welcome Frolov’s return next season.

Read Hammonds blog.

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:10 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
– Murray said he would welcome Frolov’s return next season.

Read Hammonds blog.
As much as I want Frolov to be resigned, that quote doesn't mean anything.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote