HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF Gm.2: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Flyers 6-2 l Tied Series 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
ECF Gm.2: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Flyers 6-2 l Tied Series 1-1

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS -- -- GM. 2

VS

Philadelphia Flyers

vs.

Tampa Bay Lightning

Lightning Leads 1-0 (ESPN)

Philadelphia Flyers 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results

Tampa Bay Lightning 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results

REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

Philadelphia Flyers: 40-21-15-6, 101 points.
*1st Place in Atlantic Division, 3rd Place in Eastern Conference.*
vs.
Tampa Bay Lightning: 46-22-8-6, 106 points.
*1st Place in Southeast Division, 1st Place in Eastern Conference.*

How they got here:

Tampa Beat the Islanders in 5 - Series Page

Tampa Swept Montreal - Series Page

------------------------------------

Flyers disposed of Devils in 5 - Series Page

Flyers beat Leafs in 6 - Series Page

@ The St. Pete Times Forum l Tampa, FL

Monday, May 10th, 2004, 7:30 pm ET.
TV: ABC/CBC

GAME 1: PHI 1, @ TAM 3
Recap | Box Score

GAME 2: PHI, @ TAM
Recap | Box Score

GAME 3: TAM ,@ PHI
Thu, May 13 - 7:00 PM ESPN

GAME 4: TAM , @ PHI
Sat, May 15 - 3:00 PM ABC

*GAME 5: PHI, @ TAM
Tue, May 18 - 7:30 PM

*GAME 6: TAM , @ PHI
Thu, May 20 - 7:30 PM

*GAME 7: PHI, @ TAM
Sat, May 22 - 7:00 PM

* - if necessary
All times Eastern

Live Score!

IMPORTANT GAMEDAY LINKS!!

*Live Game Audio
*ESPN LIVE Scoreboard
*Live NHL Scoreboard
*Live General Sports Scoreboard
*Yahoo Flyers Page
*Yahoo Tampa Page
*Sportsline Flyers Page
*Sportsline Tampa Page
*Yahoo NHL Photo Gallery
*Sportsline NHL Photo Gallery

(***Please note that some links will only work on GAME DAY***)

Old
05-09-2004, 06:18 PM
FearTheFlyers

Let's Go Flyers

Flyers 4 (Primeau,Handzus,LeClair,Malakhov)
Lightning 2 (Richards,Afanasenkov)

Old
05-09-2004, 06:24 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Flyers 2-1
Flyers- Johnsson, Zhamnov
Lightning-Lecavlier

Old
05-09-2004, 06:36 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

im going to take the flyers in this game.

I really think they're gonna respond to the urgency of this game--seeing as they know how they controlled the series when up 2-0 on Jersey and Toronto. A split in Tampa bids well for us.

Flyers 2 (Primeau, Recchi)
Lightning 0

Esche is gonna steal one here

Old
05-09-2004, 06:41 PM
gobolt7

The Lightning, led by Khabibulan will continue to quietly do what they do. 4-1 Tampa, and the annual goalie questions will begin to surface in the city of brotherly love.

Old
05-09-2004, 08:13 PM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Gee lets just say all the Flyer fans will pick the Flyers and I will follow my fellow Lightning fans and say ...

Tampa 3-0 win. We are just due for a shutout. But to be more real we can say 3-1 Bolts.

Old
05-09-2004, 08:45 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

First of all I'm just glad CBC is airing this game, ABC and TSN are killin' me! (I never thought I would miss Neale and Cole but...)

Anyway, I don't think it's total a "do or die" for Philly but a split going home would be great. Tampa Bay stepped in up in game 1 when they had to and took advantage of the chances they got. Esche and our D need to steal game 2.

I see this one going to OT....2-1.

-cnote-

Old
05-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Liquidrage*

It's amazing how critical a Game 2 is.

If the Bolts win I'd basically consider the series over.

But a Flyers put them in total control of the series. Not to mention derails the massive bandwagon that's been driving up and down the left coast of Florida for the past few days

Old
05-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7
The Lightning, led by Khabibulan will continue to quietly do what they do. 4-1 Tampa, and the annual goalie questions will begin to surface in the city of brotherly love.
I 2nd this statement as well. can there be a playoff year without a goalie bashing in the City of Philadelphia??

Nope that is just the next thing on the list

Taxes
Death

As things you can always count on

Old
05-10-2004, 06:54 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
and the annual goalie questions will begin to surface in the city of brotherly love.
Again, another example of naivete in Bolt fans. There are no questions about our goalie. Get past it.

Flyers will win this one.

Old
05-10-2004, 08:23 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Flyers will win this one.
No they won't, time to see the Lightning with a full rust-free game. The Flyers wont get past the Bulin Wall either.

Old
05-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Mediator88

Send a message via ICQ to Mediator88 Send a message via AIM to Mediator88 Send a message via MSN to Mediator88 Send a message via Yahoo to Mediator88
Do you Tampa fans ever consider the fact that this is the Eastern Conference Finals and that there is a good chance the Lightning will not steamroll a very good Flyers team?

I mean, it's one thing to be a fan. It's another thing to show absolutely no respect to the team you are playing.

You guys make reading these boards unenjoyable. There's no rational analysis, only cheerleading. I hope you enjoy it while it lasts.

Brian

Old
05-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Sotnos

Wow, I can't believe the 20 or so of us manage to ruin the entire board for someone. Didn't know enthusiasm for your team was so disturbing to other people.

Give me a break.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Mediator88

Send a message via ICQ to Mediator88 Send a message via AIM to Mediator88 Send a message via MSN to Mediator88 Send a message via Yahoo to Mediator88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Wow, I can't believe the 20 or so of us manage to ruin the entire board for someone. Didn't know enthusiasm for your team was so disturbing to other people.

Give me a break.
I've always come to these boards to talk with and read posts by intelligent hockey fans. Just about every group of fans with teams in these playoffs has thought their team was going to win their various series. They were homers, for the most part, but almost always there were a number of posters that made interesting points - even if I personally disagreed with them. They also knew how to admit to their team's weaknesses. Even Stanley Cup champions have weaknesses - it's just a matter of whether or not any team can exploit those weaknesses.

In any case, in my opinion there has only been one group of fans has been so arrogant as to make me want to not visit this site until their team is eliminated. That group of fans is the Tampa Bay fans.

I'm not saying that anyone has to agree with me. I'm just speaking up for some us out here that feel this way.

In the end, the Lightning may or may not beat the Flyers and may or may not win the Stanley Cup. The Lightning are very, very good. However, the lack of respect that is shown by some of you TB fans for every other team and every other poster around here is classless.

Brian

Old
05-10-2004, 09:43 AM
swflyers8*

Quote:
Didn't know enthusiasm for your team was so disturbing to other people.
That's not what it is. It's what Med said it is, a blatant lack of respect. If it was just cheering one's team, people wouldn't be mad about it. I am all about cheering for your team but what some Bolt fans are doing is showing no respect and it's not sitting well with other fans.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:30 AM
TBLightningFan

Quote:
That's not what it is. It's what Med said it is, a blatant lack of respect. If it was just cheering one's team, people wouldn't be mad about it. I am all about cheering for your team but what some Bolt fans are doing is showing no respect and it's not sitting well with other fans.
It goes both ways. Not giving any other team respect? Lets not go into what most others have said about people in Florida and our team. While most haven't been the Philly fans, but the Montreal fans were something else.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Hockeyfan02

Well swflyers8, I could talk about how much of a "FORCE" John Leclair is like you posted on the Lightning board but his 3 goals in his last 36 playoff games and 0 goals in this postseason dont carry much weight in that argument. Honestly, who expects their team to lose? Go around to any board and most people pick their teams to win every game. My thoughts on tonights game:

Both teams will be better. Philly didnt play as well as I've seen them play through out this postseason. I expect to see more physical play from them and more going to the net. The Bolts didnt play well either. They had a lot of rust and did not look sharp in their transition game. Lightning PP will have to turn it on soon. Its looked horrible and if they want to win the series its going to have to get going. It'll be interesting to see what kinds of changes Hitchcock makes to get shots through the Lightning's defense. This is the first time the Lightning and Torts are going up against an experienced coach so this will be a test for them to match the adjustments Hitchcock makes. I expect the Lightning to win this game and go up 2-0 but it wouldnt shock me if Philly won tonight and sent this back to Philly 1-1.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
I 2nd this statement as well. can there be a playoff year without a goalie bashing in the City of Philadelphia??

Nope that is just the next thing on the list

Taxes
Death

As things you can always count on
Don't talk about our goaltending situation if you don't have a clue what you are saying. Esche has been very solid all year and has been the best goalie we've had in the playoffs since Hextall. Even if by some remote possibilty we get swept by Tampa, Esche will not be a scapegoat.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Coburnfan05

I think the Flyers willl even it up tonight.

PHI -3
TB -1

The flyers wil come out with a sense of urgency to knot this series up and wil play very physical...and all this Tampa speed, I didn't see a problem in Game #1.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightningFan
It goes both ways.
That's all that needs to be said.

When all people do is come on our board and TELL US what's wrong with our team and us, without ever being open-minded enough to ask for scouting reports or anything else, I dunno what you expect. Besides which, this is a GAME THREAD, what is the purpose of these besides homeristic predictions and smack talk?

I was waiting for people to get their pre-conceived notions straightened out about Tampa before I gave any props to Philly (who I actually like very much and try to watch as much as possible), but since people keep spouting the same old crap and not giving any respect to my team or my fan base, I'll keep my opinions on Philly to myself.

We're a little tired of being trashed, anyone who's been around here for a while can tell you that Tampa fans are mostly a humble and fairly knowledgeable group, but if you're going to base your opinions on one or two people, be my guest. I base my opinion of Flyers fans on the best of you on here, not the worst of you.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:07 AM
TBLightningFan

The Philly Radio play-by-play man had it right on the radio in tampa this morning. He agreed that the fact Philly is Physical and Tampa is Fast is a bit hyped up too much.

He emphaszized (sp?) that Tampa can be just as physical and Philly can be just as fast. Lets also mention the average height and weight of these teams are almost exactly the same. 1/2 inch difference and a 2 pound difference.

He also mentioned that if the Lightning keep plying this way defensively... the Flyers are gonna have problems. The Flyers can cycle the way they have all day. But TB will not let you have the front of the net.

All post-season long the Lightning have shown that they can more than easily take advantage of a mistake , burying it in the net. If we have had a bad turnover, it doesnt feel so bad. Although it seems as when NYI,MTL or PHI have made any mistake we are scoring almost every time. Others mistakes keep landing on our high scorers sticks.

I think the Lightning will win because their system favors them to. While the 4-0 Reg season sweep means nothing. The following stat is standing out:

Bolts have out scored the Flyers 21-9 in the last 5 games.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
WARNING :There will be NO further discussion of the fans of either Team here.

Stick to the game.

Any more "generalized" and "personalized" posts will be deleted and the poster(s) will be dealt with.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
05-10-2004, 11:33 AM
swflyers8*

Quote:
No they won't, time to see the Lightning with a full rust-free game. The Flyers wont get past the Bulin Wall either
The Flyers got past the Bulin wall last game so your statement is false.

Quote:
It goes both ways. Not giving any other team respect?
Look at what TBfan posted, that's a lack of respect.

Quote:
Well swflyers8, I could talk about how much of a "FORCE" John Leclair is like you posted on the Lightning board but his 3 goals in his last 36 playoff games and 0 goals in this postseason dont carry much weight in that argument.
I said that, based on past games, he has done well. So he doesn't have a goal yet, it's 1 game. He didn't have any in the last 2 series, I know that too. He needs to contribute more if the Flyers want to win.

Quote:
Bolts have out scored the Flyers 21-9 in the last 5 games.
You can call this an excuse since it seems that's what you like to label it as, the difference between the Flyers from the regular season is night and day. You either don't want to acknowledge or you don't give any credence to it, it doesn't matter, it's true.
Did we get blown out on Saturday? No. We had mistakes on every goal and your team makes you pay for mistakes. If the mistakes are eliminated or lowered, the Flyers are in the game.
It can go either way. So keep mentioning that stat, it means nothing.

Quote:
Lets also mention the average height and weight of these teams are almost exactly the same. 1/2 inch difference and a 2 pound difference.
On paper we are equal. However, the Flyers use the physical edge more than the Bolts do. The Bolts use speed as a focus than physical play. Both teams use each tool to their advantage, they both can be fast and physical. One just uses each one more in their gameplan.

The Flyers know that the mistakes have to be taken care of. They know that they need more traffic in front of the net, we aren't going to win with scoring 1 goal. They know this, now they just have to do it tonight.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Teezax

Flyers tie up the series and head back home where they post a 6-0 mark thus far in the playoffs. There ain't no fork in Philly, that's for damn sure.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
TBLightningFan

Quote:
You can call this an excuse since it seems that's what you like to label it as, the difference between the Flyers from the regular season is night and day. You either don't want to acknowledge or you don't give any credence to it, it doesn't matter, it's true.
Yo wait a minute, I did mention it.... If you are gonna rip me.. at least get your facts straight. I did say that the W-L doesn't matter. But I feel that more than doubling the goals scored is a worthy stat.

Quote:
Did we get blown out on Saturday? No. We had mistakes on every goal and your team makes you pay for mistakes. If the mistakes are eliminated or lowered, the Flyers are in the game.
It can go either way. So keep mentioning that stat, it means nothing.
Well your radio voice from Philly mentioned it. Oh and this is the first time I have brought it up. Most goals in the league are from mistakes. So both sides will keep making them we just are better at capitalizing on them. Although that 3rd goal was not a mistake by Philly. That was more of Perrin took it away than Philly coughing it up.

And Sorry I am being respectful.... I was just pointing out it goes both ways. Leave it at that as admin has requested.

Closed Thread