HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF Gm.2: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Flyers 6-2 l Tied Series 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2004, 09:13 PM
sickboy35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Not a bad acquisition for only an 8th round pick...

chalk another one up to mad mike!!

Old
05-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Hockeyfan02

Worst game I've been to all year and we got home in time to see the last 5 mins sad. Roy jumped in because Markov gave Sydor some punches when they were on the ice but thats not cheap at all. If the linesman does his job and breaks em up when they hit the ice then Roy never has to jump in but the linesman didnt do jack, Markov threw punches when they were on the ice, and Roy protected his teammate. Markov and Roy are both at fault. Roys not supposed to jump in like that but Markov isnt supposed to throw when theyre on the ice. Lightning came out with no desperation tonight and looked like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. Khabi got to take a break when he was pulled because the team in front of him decided to take one tonight.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Steve L*

Great, now the refs are dictating who the Flyers are allowed to put on the ice.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
Worst game I've been to all year and we got home in time to see the last 5 mins sad.

Telling...

Old
05-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
I don't mind Roy jumping in then.
Sydor got what he deserved, Roy knew the price and stood up for his teamates.
What price? Roy didn't pay any price and on top of that, the idiots running the circus gave Radivojevic the same amount of time that they gave Roy. Freakin' unbelievable. These officials just showed that there are absolutely NO repercussions for being the third man in during a fight.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:45 PM
BruinsGirl

I can't wait til Roenick and Hull are hockey commentators!!!

That face Jeremy made at the end of the game!!! He should participate at some kind of crazy talents show. :lol

Am I the only one who changed opinion on him during this season? I used to hate him with a passion, now I like him!

Old
05-10-2004, 09:50 PM
paxtang

Quote:
What price? Roy didn't pay any price and on top of that, the idiots running the circus gave Radivojevic the same amount of time that they gave Roy. Freakin' unbelievable. These officials just showed that there are absolutely NO repercussions for being the third man in during a fight.
Roy got a game misconduct for third man in. I have no problem with what he did, he came in to help his teammate, and got kicked out for it, it's what you want your enforcer to do.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
These officials just showed that there are absolutely NO repercussions for being the third man in during a fight.
And NO repercussions for punching a guy when hes already on the ice when Markov was punching Sydor AFTER they hit the ice. There was no need for it and Roy was stepping up for his teammate. Normally I'd call Roy an idiot but in this case if the linesman are just going to let it happen then he should have step in and stand up for Darryl. If the linesman do their JOB and break them up after they hit the ice Roy doesnt do anything.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Of the game misconduct.

All Roy did is pull Markov off of Sydor since Markov was still getting shots in.

I have no problem with that. Zero. None. Zilch.

He did something that I would love to think, but know better then to expect, Brash would do. Come to the aid of a teamate. It's not like he started pounding on Markov. He just pulled him off. It's nothing to get worked up over.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
And NO repercussions for punching a guy when hes already on the ice when Markov was punching Sydor AFTER they hit the ice. There was no need for it and Roy was stepping up for his teammate. Normally I'd call Roy an idiot but in this case if the linesman are just going to let it happen then he should have step in and stand up for Darryl. If the linesman do their JOB and break them up after they hit the ice Roy doesnt do anything.
Sydor got what he deserved. He's the one that wanted to throw, Markov got some really weak shots into the guys helmet while they were on the ground.

Everything worked out fine.

Sydor looks like an *****, Markov got to smile in the box, Roy got the gate.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:58 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
Hulkamania is not running wild tonight in Tampa.As a leaf fan this reminds me of game 5 in Philly
how right I was same score and everything

Old
05-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Hoek

The ice sucked.

The Flyers were lucky.

We just gave it to them with our mistakes even though we outplayed them the whole night.

The refs sucked, too. It's all their fault.

NOW BEFORE YOU SPAZ OUT ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS SARCASM

How does it feel to read that after you win though? Thought so..

At least we won the 3rd period between all the scrums. Esche can't feel confident at all after those two cheapies. Momentum was lost for him there and he really has nothing to build on. Best of 5 then. Which will end first, the Bolts unbeaten road streak or the Flyers unbeaten home streak?

Old
05-10-2004, 10:25 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek
At least we won the 3rd period between all the scrums. Esche can't feel confident at all after those two cheapies. Momentum was lost for him there and he really has nothing to build on. Best of 5 then. Which will end first, the Bolts unbeaten road streak or the Flyers unbeaten home streak?
Are you serious, or was that sarcasm again.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Esche can't feel confident at all after those two cheapies. Momentum was lost for him there and he really has nothing to build on.
Hey whatever makes you feel better after an ass whoopin'.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
It's about time the Bolts got their ass kicked. They are way too oportunist + lucky.
Versus MTL, the last 2 games of the serie were dominate by MTL. I take Philly in 6.

Sour grapes Soure Grapes

dont miss your tee time at 8am

Old
05-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
The ice sucked.

The Flyers were lucky.

We just gave it to them with our mistakes even though we outplayed them the whole night.

The refs sucked, too. It's all their fault.

NOW BEFORE YOU SPAZ OUT ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS SARCASM

How does it feel to read that after you win though? Thought so..

I am waiting for the HF board to do its typical

BAD ICE

BAD ICE

BAD ICE

Old
05-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Sydor got what he deserved. He's the one that wanted to throw, Markov got some really weak shots into the guys helmet while they were on the ground.

Everything worked out fine.

Sydor looks like an *****, Markov got to smile in the box, Roy got the gate.

Sydor sure did, he landed tons more hits so yup he lost that one

And like 02 said if the freaking linesmen would bother earning his paycheck Roy wouldnt have to do his job.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
I can't wait til Roenick and Hull are hockey commentators!!!

That face Jeremy made at the end of the game!!! He should participate at some kind of crazy talents show. :lol

Am I the only one who changed opinion on him during this season? I used to hate him with a passion, now I like him!
He fell down a thousand rungs from what he said in the pregame show.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:04 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Sydor sure did, he landed tons more hits so yup he lost that one

And like 02 said if the freaking linesmen would bother earning his paycheck Roy wouldnt have to do his job.
Neither really landed anything but helmet shots.

I'm pretty sure the linesmen were tied up in the scrum.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:15 PM
E = CH²

That thread was funny when you read it after having watched the game

Old
05-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Flyers were playing in warp speed tonight, the Lightning were playing on ether.

That said, anyone who expects this game to "effect" the rest of the series is making a common fan mistaken, IMO. You don't get this far in the playoffs by being rattled by a bad game. (Actually, its often easier to forget a blowout than a close loss.)

Flyers accomplished their mission. Best 3 out of 5 now and they hold home ice advantage. That said, this should be a long series. Doesn't matter if the score was 2-1, 6-2 or 60-2. It's one game apiece, regardless of how one wants to spin tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
They [the Lightning] are way too opportunist + lucky.[/B]
:lol

Old
05-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Flyers were playing in warp speed tonight, the Lightning were playing on ether.

That said, anyone who expects this game to "effect" the rest of the series is making a common fan mistaken, IMO. You don't get this far in the playoffs by being rattled by a bad game. (Actually, its often easier to forget a blowout than a close loss.)

Flyers accomplished their mission. Best 3 out of 5 now and they hold home ice advantage. That said, this should be a long series. Doesn't matter if the score was 2-1, 6-2 or 60-2. It's one game apiece, regardless of how one wants to spin tonight.

:lol

Thats right and i rather lose 62-1 than 2-1

Old
05-11-2004, 12:48 AM
rwilson99

I take the crow please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99

History rides the Lightning tonite 5-0.
:

Couldn't find a foot in mouth emoticon for my post game post tonite but those will have to do. The Flyers dominated the Bolts tonite. Khabibulin was horrible 3 goals on 3 shots, and let in a softie to John LeClair before being pulled. The Flyers were relentless early and played with power and purpose. Esche was spectacular until the game was far out of reach at 4-0.

Early in the game, from a pure hockey stand point the Flyers were exceptional, no questions asked. However, once they were up 4-0, the Flyers were an embarrasment to the sport.

The Lightning began to put pressure on Esche during the 2nd period and he lost his stick behind the net, several seconds later a clearing attempt was kept in by Darryl Sydor and the stickless Esche fell to the crease as if he had been shot. Replays clearly show that no Lightning player was within reach of Esche at the time. The feigned injury earned the goalie a stoppage in play, and he remained in the game. Esche performed a selfish acting job just to preserve the personal stat of a shut out.

The Flyers used to be men, they used to be Ron Hextall leaving the crease to teach Chris Chelios a lesson for hitting Brian Propp in the back. Real goalies don't flop in the crease to get a time out in order to preserve a shut out. Pathetic.

Topping that was Donald Brashear, whose major contribution to the game of hockey was ruining Marty McSorley's final days in the league by refusing to fight him, diving and being dumb enough to land on his head. Tonite Donald passed up an opportunity to fight Chris Dingman, to head hunt Tim Taylor with a cross check to the helmet, earning him a ten minute misconduct penalty that was announced at 11:07.

Topping that he returned to the ice with under a minute to play. After being removed by an official, Brashear returned to the ice again, while his original target the 5' 8" Eric Perrin scrapped with Michael Handzus, Brashear earned two more 10-minute misconducts which will hopefully result in a suspension.

The bottom line is this, the Flyers kicked our *** this evening. But it is obvious to this hockey fan, who fell in love with the game watching Ron Hextall and the Flyers in the Conference Finals in 1989, one cannot respect this game and respect the 2004 Philadelphia Flyers. The are gutless wonders.

If the Hockey Gods were watching tonite, the Lighting will win game 3.

Old
05-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Norseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99
Replays clearly show that no Lightning player was within reach of Esche at the time.
The play-by-play guys on WDAE said Esche got struck in the neck by the stick of Vladimir Malakhov. And players on your own team can hurt you just as much as the opponents, just ask Eric Desjardins.

Old
05-11-2004, 01:51 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

[QUOTE=rwilson99] :

Couldn't find a foot in mouth emoticon for my post game post tonite but those will have to do. The Flyers dominated the Bolts tonite. Khabibulin was horrible 3 goals on 3 shots, and let in a softie to John LeClair before being pulled. The Flyers were relentless early and played with power and purpose. Esche was spectacular until the game was far out of reach at 4-0.

Early in the game, from a pure hockey stand point the Flyers were exceptional, no questions asked. However, once they were up 4-0, the Flyers were an embarrasment to the sport.

The Lightning began to put pressure on Esche during the 2nd period and he lost his stick behind the net, several seconds later a clearing attempt was kept in by Darryl Sydor and the stickless Esche fell to the crease as if he had been shot. Replays clearly show that no Lightning player was within reach of Esche at the time. The feigned injury earned the goalie a stoppage in play, and he remained in the game. Esche performed a selfish acting job just to preserve the personal stat of a shut out.

The Flyers used to be men, they used to be Ron Hextall leaving the crease to teach Chris Chelios a lesson for hitting Brian Propp in the back. Real goalies don't flop in the crease to get a time out in order to preserve a shut out. Pathetic.

QUOTE]

Exactly what i thought. What a freaking injury diver. Hockey MUST implement a rule if play have been stopped due to YOUR injury action true or fake doesnt matter.

YOU should NOT be eligible to play anymore in the period in question. Seems to be the only way to get control of all damn F'@#%@^ diving going on with FAKE injury

Closed Thread