HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF Gm.2: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Flyers 6-2 l Tied Series 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman
The play-by-play guys on WDAE said Esche got struck in the neck by the stick of Vladimir Malakhov. And players on your own team can hurt you just as much as the opponents, just ask Eric Desjardins.

Doesnt matter. you dont act like you are freaking shoot a la Ribeiro and than play on 30 sec later. I am getting so freaking sick of all injury diving going on

Old
05-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Norseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
you dont act like you are freaking shoot a la Ribeiro and than play on 30 sec later.
I don't think the Flyers would pull him and play Burke, so he didn't have much choice than to play when the play resumed.

Old
05-11-2004, 02:00 AM
PecaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator88
In any case, in my opinion there has only been one group of fans has been so arrogant as to make me want to not visit this site until their team is eliminated. That group of fans is the Tampa Bay fans.
You clearly haven't been reading the posts by Calgary fans then.

Old
05-11-2004, 03:05 AM
adurn

He got SPEARED in the neck by Malakhov's stick. Please stop with the diving crap. The Flyers are not from Montreal.

Old
05-11-2004, 03:11 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adurn
He got SPEARED in the neck by Malakhov's stick. Please stop with the diving crap. The Flyers are not from Montreal.

Still acted like he got freaking shoot a la Ribeiro. NHL needs to get the rule in place that forbids you to play the rest of the period if play is stopped due to YOUR injury.

Plain and simple it is to protect the players so they can get proper medical attention and be sure they are ok. A sideeffect will be the reduction of injury diving

Old
05-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Again, another example of naivete in Bolt fans. There are no questions about our goalie. Get past it.

Flyers will win this one.

We will remember this one you lose and Esche looks like a screendoor. Plse dont forget you bashed chokemanik for your playoff loss a couple years ago when he gave up what 5 goals in about as many games? Once the losses come the blame on the goalie come it have happened often in Philly

Old
05-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks
Wow. According to most of the media, Tampa moving on will single handedly destroy the entire history of hockey and now the fans ruin message boards too. I'm starting to think we're bad people.

I think this is like a game 7 for the Flyers. Don't see them being able to come back from 2-0. I think the Flyers will step up and play harder than they did in game one but I still don't think it's enough to stop Tampa. 9-1 ebhind a goalie who's a monster right now. All the lines are getting involved now. Even Dingman scored.

I expect this to be a much harder game for Tampa but I still say they take it. 4-2.

And as for that Roenick comment, I think that was on the show PTI. He was a guest and the two hosts asked if a Tampa - San Jose finals would be bad for hockey and he said it would be.

That's probably out of context a bit because I can't remember the exact words but that's pretty much how it played out.
Typical, Time to move JR down further on the respected ladder. He is totally losing it lately, guess the Puck did more than shatter his jaw

Old
05-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
Right, I think it would be bad for ratings, because the largest fan bases are not in either of those two locations. However, it might be good in the long run as perhaps people in both locations will get onboard. Here in Carolina, when the Cane's went to the finals, it was great exposure. Sure, most of the fans have dissapeared, but only because the team has been so bad lately. Maybe in Tampa and SJ it will be a springboard for more fan involvement. Personally, I don't care (except that I am a Flyers fan) because their brand of hockey is much more exciting than the NJ Devil boredom (even though it is successful hockey). If Tampa or SJ win, good for them! They both built winners and successful teams, and hopefully it will continue past this year. I am tired of the old guard winning all the time. Nice to see some new blood.

Not too far ago the worst thing for there ratings was Quebec/Avs since they where a brutal team until Sundin came there

Old
05-11-2004, 06:39 AM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Still acted like he got freaking shoot a la Ribeiro. NHL needs to get the rule in place that forbids you to play the rest of the period if play is stopped due to YOUR injury.

Plain and simple it is to protect the players so they can get proper medical attention and be sure they are ok. A sideeffect will be the reduction of injury diving

Sadly, for like the 4th post in a row, I think you're being serious.

I'm sure he was diving to get a call in a 5 - 0 game.

And about the people in Flyers chat wanted him pulled then anyways, so losing hom for the period would have been a "who cares?". It was a 5- 0 game at the time.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:13 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:

I can see it now.

Run the opposition goalie in the opening minute. Get him kicked out for the period for being injured.

Run the opposition backup goalie in the 2nd minute. Get him kicked out for also being injured.

Score lots on the empty net.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:14 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
We will remember this one you lose and Esche looks like a screendoor. Plse dont forget you bashed chokemanik for your playoff loss a couple years ago when he gave up what 5 goals in about as many games? Once the losses come the blame on the goalie come it have happened often in Philly
Swedish Bolt fan, you're only about the 14th, 15th person to say that to me and other Flyer fans. After a while I just lost count of people telling me that Esche will be made to look like a backup, he will look like a screendoor which is a new one and so on. So keep saying it, maybe it will happen. I have never been as confident as with him in net. Not with Roman, Boucher was ok, not with Beezer or anyone. No one is going to put anything on Robert because of what he has done. He got us past NJD in 5 games largely due to his outstanding play. He came up huge against Toronto and he came out big last night as well. So, your theories that I am just going to dump everything on him are unfounded. The kid is the real deal.

Quote:
Typical, Time to move JR down further on the respected ladder. He is totally losing it lately, guess the Puck did more than shatter his jaw
Not many people know the two teams, that's all he's saying. Besides, JR does his best to get to people and obviously it worked.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
You've got to be kidding?

He got speared in the neck/throat by Malahkov. Ever have this happen to you in a game? I have, and it does throw you for a loop.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Coburnfan05

[QUOTE=Swedish Bolt Fan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99
:

Couldn't find a foot in mouth emoticon for my post game post tonite but those will have to do. The Flyers dominated the Bolts tonite. Khabibulin was horrible 3 goals on 3 shots, and let in a softie to John LeClair before being pulled. The Flyers were relentless early and played with power and purpose. Esche was spectacular until the game was far out of reach at 4-0.

Early in the game, from a pure hockey stand point the Flyers were exceptional, no questions asked. However, once they were up 4-0, the Flyers were an embarrasment to the sport.

The Lightning began to put pressure on Esche during the 2nd period and he lost his stick behind the net, several seconds later a clearing attempt was kept in by Darryl Sydor and the stickless Esche fell to the crease as if he had been shot. Replays clearly show that no Lightning player was within reach of Esche at the time. The feigned injury earned the goalie a stoppage in play, and he remained in the game. Esche performed a selfish acting job just to preserve the personal stat of a shut out.
The Flyers used to be men, they used to be Ron Hextall leaving the crease to teach Chris Chelios a lesson for hitting Brian Propp in the back. Real goalies don't flop in the crease to get a time out in order to preserve a shut out. Pathetic.

QUOTE]

Exactly what i thought. What a freaking injury diver. Hockey MUST implement a rule if play have been stopped due to YOUR injury action true or fake doesnt matter.

YOU should NOT be eligible to play anymore in the period in question. Seems to be the only way to get control of all damn F'@#%@^ diving going on with FAKE injury
Almost every single one of your posts in this thread are utter stupidity...take your beating like a man not a little sissy.

As far as Esche...It was Malakovs stick and nobody here is saying it was a lighning player...why don't you ask someone to spear you in the neck with hockey stick, if it doesn't hurt at least it might knock some sense into you.

Last edited by Coburnfan05: 05-11-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old
05-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
IF you didn't watch the playoffs last year you might not understand why we bashed Roman. We lost at least 3 games in last years playoffs directly from him roaming around or not being ready to stand up a shooter. But I see you are not open minded and just like almost every fan of all the other teams who thinks Esche is no good. He had the 4th best GAA in the season and has made the saves when it matters. Regardless if we by some unforseen miracle lose to TB, thtere will be no blame on Esche.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:03 AM
DARKSIDE

Have to give the Flyers their due. Monster game by Philly in a game I believed they had to win and they did! Now, it's up Tampa to come out and show the same type of charcter that Philly did, after getting one of their worst beatings of the year!

Old
05-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Teezax

Time for the Bolts to finally face some adversity. Lets see how they handle it in a hostile Wachovia Center on Thursday!

Old
05-11-2004, 08:16 AM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Great game by the Flyers. They deserved to win.

Horrible game by the officials. Absolutely atrocious. Not that it would've changed the outcome, but still ... just pathetic.

On to Game Three.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Hoek
Kilted Yaksman

I was never under the impression that Esche faked that injury. That had to hurt a decent amount and when it's your neck that gets speared, well you don't screw around with that, especially after the Malarchuk incident.

The Bolts will just have to turn Wachovia's hostility against their own team with an especially disciplined road game, much like they did to the Islanders fans in Nassau. We went down 6-0 and didn't jeer our team, but guaranteed the moment the Flyers go down by even a single goal they'll wish they weren't playing at home. Ah when will "proud" Philly fans learn?

Old
05-11-2004, 08:42 AM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
This thread is pretty funny

no mention of Primeau's attempted Marchment on Afanasenkov's knee?

Old
05-11-2004, 08:44 AM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek
The Bolts will just have to turn Wachovia's hostility against their own team with an especially disciplined road game, much like they did to the Islanders fans in Nassau. We went down 6-0 and didn't jeer our team, but guaranteed the moment the Flyers go down by even a single goal they'll wish they weren't playing at home. Ah when will "proud" Philly fans learn?
Ah yes, Philly fans boo 1 goal defecits all the time.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:45 AM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickingyerface
This thread is pretty funny

no mention of Primeau's attempted Marchment on Afanasenkov's knee?
No mention of the attempted return spear? Lots of things happen in a game.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:04 AM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
Sure they do

I just found it odd so much was mentioned of Brashears headshot on Taylor or Roys one tap to Markov.. when the most potentially devastating injury would have been if Primeau had caught Afanasenkov with that blatant knee attempt

he would deserve any spear coming back his way for that btw

Old
05-11-2004, 09:22 AM
rwilson99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces

You've got to be kidding?

He got speared in the neck/throat by Malahkov. Ever have this happen to you in a game? I have, and it does throw you for a loop.
The play happened in front of me. I'm five rows off the ice at the face off circles. The contact occured and Esche lost his stick behind the net.

tick... tick... tick... 5 seconds later Esche discovers he's injured falling to the ice reaching for his eye. Replays on the jumbotron (one of many Ken Hitchcock objected to being shown) confirmed the delay in contact and reaction.

Esche's motivation was protect the shutout, an ugly offensive act against the game of hockey. It was also an act of fear, Esche followed the puck until a clearing attempt failed and then flopped to the ice.

Your team is gutless, and a great example of what is wrong with the game of hockey.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:33 AM
GoBolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99
The play happened in front of me. I'm five rows off the ice at the face off circles. The contact occured and Esche lost his stick behind the net.

tick... tick... tick... 5 seconds later Esche discovers he's injured falling to the ice reaching for his eye. Replays on the jumbotron (one of many Ken Hitchcock objected to being shown) confirmed the delay in contact and reaction.

Esche's motivation was protect the shutout, an ugly offensive act against the game of hockey. It was also an act of fear, Esche followed the puck until a clearing attempt failed and then flopped to the ice.

Your team is gutless, and a great example of what is wrong with the game of hockey.
Give it up and back off, r. The replay on ESPN clearly showed Esche being speared (accidentally) by Malakhov. There was no delay, there was no acting. Yeah, it stinks that the Lightning had control of the puck when Esche went down, but it was 100% legit.

We Lightning fans have to shrug our shoulders and wait for Thursday night. The team was outplayed, stunk to high heaven defensively, and their heads were not in the game, for whatever reason. As been said on this thread before, these games happen, and the Lightning were due. If they repeat this performance in Game 3, then there will be a world of concern. Until then, though, it's now a best-of-five series.

Thursday evening can't get here soon enough.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:36 AM
GoBolts

By the way, Flyer fans, as you'll see by rwilson99's post count, he's new here and has never posted on the Lightning's board. As a result, take his comments with a grain of salt and realize he is not speaking for the majority of Bolts posters on HF.

Closed Thread