HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

WCSF: #2 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #3 Vancouver Canucks: Series Preview and Discussion

Old
04-30-2010, 07:41 PM
just22
Registered *****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
It looks like somebody at MSNBC doesn't grasp the concept of satire, I just found a link to the original article:

http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/du...orderly/15521/

Even says 'satire' in the tags. Nice "professional" journalism there.
I'm sure they'd know it's satire if they read the original. Employees in MSNBC can't be that stupid, can they? Probably just a Hawks fan who's bored and can't wait till the game starts

just22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
VanEric

They need to start the series so Luongo doesn't throttle one of these reporters.

Quote:
Reporter: "As far as Chicago goes, playing here, there have been some games where you have not had very much success, last season or this season. Does this arena bother you?"

Luongo: "I think I won a game this year, no?"

Reporter: "Yeah, you did win a game."

Luongo: "OK, thanks, I wasn't sure."
http://communities.canada.com/THEPRO...dates-him.aspx

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 08:29 PM
David71

im hoping the 3rd line will continue to put on some numbers like demo/bernier did. welly to stop looking for fancy passes everytime. just shoot the puck ala hank does. goals will come! As for the forth line, sure they wont get enough icetime 8-10 max.. but im hoping van has a maxime talbot kind of player that can pot in the odd goal here and there. hansen.rypien,johnson,grabner+ others can chip in. they should be able to dominate in the hawks zone with their speed+hitting.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 09:29 PM
CanucksOo

AV admits he will need to roll 4 lines this series to match against the Blackhawks.

Quote:
sportsnetmurph

Canuck Lines: Daniel Henrik Samuelsson/Raymond Kesler Burrows/Demitra Wellwood Bernier/Grabner Rypien Hansen/
This will be key. If this line can handle their own and be able to chip in occasionally, I'll feel a lot more confident in us coming out on top. And I hope to god that our PK can start off strong (Johnson is expected to be back in game 2 replacing Rypien I would assume).

Quote:
sportsnetmurph

Edler-Salo/Ehrhoff-Obrien/Alberts-Bieksa
It looks like Rome is still day to day and/or a game time decision. If Alberts can keep his major mistakes to a minimum (and that's a big IF), he'll be best equipped to help Luongo to clear the front of the net against the big forwards of Chicago.

Last edited by CanucksOo: 04-30-2010 at 09:38 PM.
CanucksOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 09:37 PM
timorousme
luongod

an Alberts-Bieksa pairing could test how many heart attacks i can stand before i die

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
VanEric

Alberts wasn't on for any goals against in the LA series. He's actually a pretty good PK'er because like a Hal Gill, he doesn't have to move much on the PK.

Old
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Awesomesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by number13baby View Post
Wow NBC Chicago.

Speaking of intelligent media, John Garrett believes this series will be won in six games by...

drumroll please...

The Vancouver Canucks! :O

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm...n-news-garrett
Whats Garretts record like as a prognosticator?

Awesomesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Whats Garretts record like as a prognosticator?
Judging by the fact that he picks the Canucks to win the cup every year...not good.

I'm sure if you asked him who will win the Pitts-Mtl series..he will say the Canucks in 5.

Nazzy-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Alberts wasn't on for any goals against in the LA series. He's actually a pretty good PK'er because like a Hal Gill, he doesn't have to move much on the PK.
It would be too easy to make a "pretty hard to when he was in the box for every goal" type comment.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:20 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Alberts can be very valuable if he manhandles Byfluglien out of the crease. If he neutralizes that strategy he will have made a big contribution.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:55 AM
dogs*

LOOK
i realy hate chicago
we are going to win this thang

dogs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Hollywood Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs View Post
LOOK
i realy hate chicago
we are going to win this thang
****in right!

I am totally convinced that Vancouver's top 3 lines are better than Chicago's. We've all been *****ing about the fourth line all season, and in my opinion, it could be the weak link that sinks us. Johnson needs to be a monster when he comes back. But if the fourth line is getting trapped in our zone all the time we're gonna be in trouble. It will be tough to beat Chicago playing three lines, cause you know they're going to roll four.

Every guy has to raise their level of play a notch. I believe they will. WE GOT THIS

Hollywood Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:20 AM
droller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutupgrapes View Post
****in right!

I am totally convinced that Vancouver's top 3 lines are better than Chicago's. We've all been *****ing about the fourth line all season, and in my opinion, it could be the weak link that sinks us. Johnson needs to be a monster when he comes back. But if the fourth line is getting trapped in our zone all the time we're gonna be in trouble. It will be tough to beat Chicago playing three lines, cause you know they're going to roll four.

Every guy has to raise their level of play a notch. I believe they will. WE GOT THIS
Johnson is gonna SCORE a goal this series. HUGE goal to boot! He'll use those hands that have been smashed with hammers.

droller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:25 AM
David71

johnson will be a big boost to the pk Plus at some point in the series he will score a big goal or 2

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 04:37 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Game day mother ****ers

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:16 PM
VanEric

Just to illustrate the value of Ehrhoff in our lineup chewing up 25 minutes a night.

Ehrhoff was on the ice for 122 goals for this season. That's the 5th most of any defenseman in the NHL. The only guys with more were Green (161), Keith (128), Boyle (127), and Lidstrom (125).

Using Keith as a comparable since they'll both be logging a lot of minutes this season, Ehrhoff was on for 66 goals against while Keith was on for 102. Hoff was on for 50 even strength GA and Keith was on for 81. Hoff played 17:40 at ES per game while Keith played 20:48. Obviously he's not the defenseman that Keith is but his impact on our team has been massive.

While guys like Ohlund and Mitchell were very good in their own zone, the fact of the matter is that we spend far less time in our own zone with Ehrhoff. The difference in our offense this year can be tied to swapping him and Ohlund. Hoff was on for 34 more goals scored this year than Ohlund was for last year playing similar minutes. The Canucks as a team scored 25 more goals this year than last year.

Old
05-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Just to illustrate the value of Ehrhoff in our lineup chewing up 25 minutes a night.

Ehrhoff was on the ice for 122 goals for this season. That's the 5th most of any defenseman in the NHL. The only guys with more were Green (161), Keith (128), Boyle (127), and Lidstrom (125).

Using Keith as a comparable since they'll both be logging a lot of minutes this season, Ehrhoff was on for 66 goals against while Keith was on for 102. Hoff was on for 50 even strength GA and Keith was on for 81. Hoff played 17:40 at ES per game while Keith played 20:48. Obviously he's not the defenseman that Keith is but his impact on our team has been massive.

While guys like Ohlund and Mitchell were very good in their own zone, the fact of the matter is that we spend far less time in our own zone with Ehrhoff. The difference in our offense this year can be tied to swapping him and Ohlund. Hoff was on for 34 more goals scored this year than Ohlund was for last year playing similar minutes. The Canucks as a team scored 25 more goals this year than last year.
i read this post and became aroused

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:36 PM
MKennedy

Quote:

That's amazing. Not the fact that Erhoff is so sweet but the fact that you were able to come up with all those comparables. Good on ya!

MKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Series discussion thread, bump.

There is still hope gentleman, the golf course can wait for a little while. Still something to fight for.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote