HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF: #2 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #3 Vancouver Canucks: Series Preview and Discussion

Old
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Connecticut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Some ridiculous ratings...Bieksa ahead of SOB? A B for Henrik? Without Henrik, the team doesn't get out of jail.
Their rationale for Henrik is also preposterous, he doesn't get an A because he's trailing Crosby. First off, Crosby is a better play. Let's not fool ourselves; full credit for the Art Ross, but lets not set the bar impossibly high. Secondly, Crosby played a different team than Henrik -- it's pretty hard to compare the two.

Connecticut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:10 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Per Eric Duhatschek:
Chicago-Vancouver goes Friday-Sunday, I'm told, with the only thing left to determine if the second game is played in afternoon or evening.
http://twitter.com/eduhatschek/status/12954609873
So not only not a HNIC game, but we could get a morning game? Give me a break.

04-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
Toews and Kane have been playing together on the same line... so unless the Hawks change up their lines, you're not going to have Toews out against the Sedins and Kane out against Kesler?
That's even better -- if they want to nullify the potency of their best offensive line in order to try to get them out against the Sedins, then that's good for us. If they don't, and try to put Madden's line on them, then we check that line with Kesler. Works for me too. Same goes for Keith and Seabrook -- they obviously get more minutes as D, but you either try to use them to defend the Sedins, hurting their offense, or you try to take better advantage of their offense. By the way Keith was a -4 in the series against Nashville and Seabrook was -2 until he evened things out with a +2 in Game 6.

Old
04-27-2010, 02:25 PM
xtr3m

Bryan Bickell will be an x-factor. He was slotted in on the first line with relative success. Byfuglien-junior.

xtr3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
That's even better -- if they want to nullify the potency of their best offensive line in order to try to get them out against the Sedins, then that's good for us. If they don't, and try to put Madden's line on them, then we check that line with Kesler. Works for me too. Same goes for Keith and Seabrook -- they obviously get more minutes as D, but you either try to use them to defend the Sedins, hurting their offense, or you try to take better advantage of their offense. By the way Keith was a -4 in the series against Nashville and Seabrook was -2 until he evened things out with a +2 in Game 6.
yea, Keith and Seabrook have been struggled in the 1st round... looks like Seabrook is hurting and not playing near 100%, while Keith may as well, but looks to be slumping right now. Most Hawks fans were saying they were the team's worst defenders in the 1st round.

And unless they improve significantly in the 2nd round, they'll be hardpressed to stop a much better offense, and a significantly better top line with the Sedins and Samuelsson.... one group is playing the best hockey of their careers, while the other is slumping... not a good recipe for a shutdown line match-up.

IMO if both teams are playing at the top of their games, then the Hawks win this series... but that doesn't seem to be the case right now with the Hawks... hopefully the Canucks can jump on that right away and take advantage of the Hawks recent struggles, rather than give them any confidence as the series goes on...

also hope the Canucks can see the Hawks defense is hurting right now and play them as physically as possible... especially Seabrook who looks to be hurting after taking a few huge hits and blocking a few shots awkwardly in the first round.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
hlrsr

I just saw Luongo in Yaletown. I was all like OMGOMGOMGOMG, and then I wished him luck. He thanked me.

I think we're good to go.

hlrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
VanEric

I think it's good that the Canucks are starting this one on the road. Go right into that hostile environment and get it out of the way early. Get into the series, get that split, and come back home with a lot of confidence.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:32 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
yea, Keith and Seabrook have been struggled in the 1st round... looks like Seabrook is hurting and not playing near 100%, while Keith may as well, but looks to be slumping right now. Most Hawks fans were saying they were the team's worst defenders in the 1st round.

And unless they improve significantly in the 2nd round, they'll be hardpressed to stop a much better offense, and a significantly better top line with the Sedins and Samuelsson.... one group is playing the best hockey of their careers, while the other is slumping... not a good recipe for a shutdown line match-up.

IMO if both teams are playing at the top of their games, then the Hawks win this series... but that doesn't seem to be the case right now with the Hawks... hopefully the Canucks can jump on that right away and take advantage of the Hawks recent struggles, rather than give them any confidence as the series goes on...

also hope the Canucks can see the Hawks defense is hurting right now and play them as physically as possible... especially Seabrook who looks to be hurting after taking a few huge hits and blocking a few shots awkwardly in the first round.
I disagree with the bolded. If both teams are playing at their best, the Canucks win this series. Luongo is the X-factor here. If he finds his game and the Sedins continue to light the lamp, with adequate secondary scoring, the Canucks take this series.

I sincerely hope the Hawks underestimate us as they'd be in for a real surprise. This is our year.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
I disagree with the bolded. If both teams are playing at their best, the Canucks win this series. Luongo is the X-factor here. If he finds his game and the Sedins continue to light the lamp, with adequate secondary scoring, the Canucks take this series.

I sincerely hope the Hawks underestimate us as they'd be in for a real surprise. This is our year.
I think you make a good point -- Luongo at his peak is the best player in this series. The offense and defense cancel each other out; Chicago may have the edge, but Luongo is the one guy that can single handedly win this series. I think if both teams play at their peak and Luongo is just very good, then NFITO is right, but even that is not likely to be the case, as he acknowledged.

Old
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Cromulence
Up and at them!

Canuckshockeyblog is saying the Canucks schedule is still up in the air. They could even play the games back-to-back on Saturday/Sunday.

http://canuckshockeyblog.com/?p=3550

Cromulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Blackhawks are selling home games for not only second round but for the conference Finals AND Stanley Cup Finals.

Bulletin board material for all their opponents
Lots of teams do this.

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
I think you make a good point -- Luongo at his peak is the best player in this series. The offense and defense cancel each other out; Chicago may have the edge, but Luongo is the one guy that can single handedly win this series. I think if both teams play at their peak and Luongo is just very good, then NFITO is right, but even that is not likely to be the case, as he acknowledged.
I don't think we need him to win the series. He needs to steal some periods like he did recently against LA and he'll need to get the Canucks through some of the onslaughts by the Hawks and keep it close. I think he'll also need to be strong mentally because odds are he's going to get lit up at least once in the series so he'll need to be able to shake that off and move on.

The key for Lui will be those first two road games. If he can get out of those without any sort of meltdown, he'll be money for the rest of the series, IMO. If he doesn't then it's going to be tough.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

We're still for Friday apparently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @eduhatschek
Chicago-Vancouver goes Friday-Sunday, I'm told, with the only thing left to determine if the second game is played in afternoon or evening.
http://twitter.com/eduhatschek

EDIT: just noticed this is a repeat.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Blackhawks are selling home games for not only second round but for the conference Finals AND Stanley Cup Finals.

They did that last year too. Hopefully we can burn them for it in the second round instead of having to watch Detroit do it in the third. That's some bad juju right there.

I don't know how I'm going to manage to wait for Friday. This wait is killer.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Moobles

I think this series is really going to test the Canuck defenders. Chicago has a potent offense- ours may have faired better overall in the regular season but I remember last season they just capitalized on every opportunity they got. The Canucks D are going to have to be picture-perfect and really position themselves well.

It was our D that really ****ed us over last year imo and it'll be interesting to see with our current unit can handle the task. I'm hoping so.

Moobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Anonymous User

Quote:

They have done alot of stuff that could have jinx them, like selling Central Division Champions hats before they won it, Patrick Kane on the cover of NHL 10, and the fans and media touting them to win the Cup. Let's hope it catches up to them.

Anonymous User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
God
Free Citizen

Are you ****ing kidding me? An afternoon game for a playoff game?

**** right off, Chicago.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? An afternoon game for a playoff game?

**** right off, Chicago.
Nothing confirmed yet, but I wouldn't be surprised at a few earlier start times..5PM/6PM PST for games in Chicago. I believe that was the case last year.

I'll be working in Terrace from May 10th til the end of June, 45 minutes down the road...may have to burn some rubber to be home by puckdrop.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:14 PM
smileyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous User View Post
They have done alot of stuff that could have jinx them, like selling Central Division Champions hats before they won it, Patrick Kane on the cover of NHL 10, and the fans and media touting them to win the Cup. Let's hope it catches up to them.
And don't forget this:

smileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Alan Jackson

First two games will be Saturday and Monday.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Series starts Saturday, game 2 on Monday. No afternoon game.
So many conflicting reports - still nothing official as far as I can determine.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Zanon

Not 'til Saturday now? Lameeeeeeeeeeee.

Zanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:36 PM
adria

Any idea on when games 3 and 4 (particularly 4) will be?

Initially it was thought that Thursday would be better, but now my bf's work schedule has been changed and Friday might actually be better. So a Sat-Mon-Wed-Fri-... series would be fine by me.

I wish they'd hurry up with the schedule already, but I guess the TV networks need to know all the match-ups before the schedules can be set.

adria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Anonymous User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface View Post
And don't forget this:
This is what I like. Keep it coming, Chicago!

Anonymous User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface View Post
And don't forget this:
Why paint a pig on a building?

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote