HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal

Old
04-26-2010, 02:04 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Prospal

Does Sather resign him if the Rangers don't take the plunge on someone like Kovalchuk?

How many players out there would be viable for signing besides him?

I'd like him back at a decent price. I like Vinny.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Ail
k.

At a similar price, definitely. Just not on the top line.

He has passion and was one of the better players for most of the year. I don't see why not.

04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Depends on how the roster fills out and who they can bring in.

I think you bring him back if he comes cheap again and its the right situation again, but im sure hes going to want an increase from last years awesome rate.

Plus if history dictates anything, next season will be his down year.

I would look at other options and wait and see how the lineup shakes out before committing to him.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Gaborik and the King

if we dont plan on getting anyone better i dont see why not

Gaborik and the King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Vitto79

I think we all agree if he comes cheap again then for sure. 1 Yr - 2 million. He gets tons already from TB and he likes playing for Torts it seems. I just want to make sure they can bring in a descent C for Gabby as well and I don't mean Demitra cause he would be a last resorty.

Thing is this FA crew kinda stinks.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:22 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Even if we do land kovalchuk or some "superstar", I say bring him back along with the signings.You can't have too much talent and passion on a team.

Can we just dump brashear in a barn or something and give prospal his contract? I'm sure no one would object

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

But this will be a bad Prospal year. Let him go, bring him back the year after that at another discount.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Anyone else mistakenly read the thread title as Proposal? I was confused and disappointed when I clicked and didn't see one, lol.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Anyone else mistakenly read the thread title as Proposal? I was confused and disappointed when I clicked and didn't see one, lol.
The OP is proposing we bring prospal back.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Here you go

Old
04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Depends on how the roster fills out and who they can bring in.

I think you bring him back if he comes cheap again and its the right situation again, but im sure hes going to want an increase from last years awesome rate.

Plus if history dictates anything, next season will be his down year.

I would look at other options and wait and see how the lineup shakes out before committing to him.
his next season began something like 2/01/10.

i love the guy. consumate pro and still has some skill left for sure but....

torts overplayed the guy early along with others, as many of us warned against, and by feb he was shot. the guy isnt a kid and when you cant skate anymore, you are minimized. he couldnt, and he was.

another mistake by coach clown and another reason we were less effective down the stretch as a whole, other than the final 2 weeks when we came on strong against mostly slug teams. his numbers were um...... not good however.

he would be pretty good as a 2c or a 2nd line wing but he no longer should be playing top line minutes and logging 18-20 minutes.

having said that, given our cap space and lack of offense and if hes willing to play on another 1 year deal at a substantial discount (he doesnt need the money does he ?) and assuming we dont make some other moves, i would say we almost have to bring him back. but only under those strick conditions and thats not likely.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

1 yr. $1.1M yes. Any more and I have to see what else we are getting before I commit.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:10 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
1 yr. $1.1M yes. Any more and I have to see what else we are getting before I commit.
Any more? The guy was worth several times that this season. I'd be happy to have him back at 2.2M...we can always trade him THIS time around. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:04 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
looking at the FA class, they need to bring both Prospal and Christensen back. Stay away from Kovalchuk, Marleau, Plekanoc, Ponikarovsky, Frolov, and the rest of them. While they're at it, they better not overpay to get Paul Martin either.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:23 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Any more? The guy was worth several times that this season. I'd be happy to have him back at 2.2M...we can always trade him THIS time around. lol

Yup, I would give him anywhere between 2 and 2.5 mill as long as it's a 1 year deal.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:16 AM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
looking at the FA class, they need to bring both Prospal and Christensen back. Stay away from Kovalchuk, Marleau, Plekanoc, Ponikarovsky, Frolov, and the rest of them. While they're at it, they better not overpay to get Paul Martin either.
I'm somewhat in agreement with this. I don't want Kovalchuk (wouldn't entirely stay away from him, all dependent on the cap situation after we disassemble the team), definitely don't want Marleau, Pleks, Poni. Frolov I'd be willing to grab if it's at the right price (not a severe overpayment but a small overpayment wouldn't be that horrible). Don't want anything to do with Martin. I'm all for signing Volchenkov with a small overpayment if we get rid of Redden. Prospal and Christensen should both be set on somewhat high priority. Christensen higher than Prospal. It's purely low risk (low payment as well) high reward, especially with the glimpses of what we saw with him a few games this season. Prospal on the other hand, while I must agree that his emotions and determination are much welcomed, it all depends on price. My gut instinct tells me that he will be willing to stick around regardless of price, my brain tells me he'll be looking for a bit of a raise (1 million seems reasonable given his Tampa paycheck) and I really don't think he'll want more than that. I'd be willing to sign him at the cost of anything under 2.5 million. 3 million I would have to question and know what the roster looks like before pulling the trigger.

Edit: Obviously people are going to disagree with Christensen. While I do agree that we're in need of a number 1 center, and top line talent, and if he is going to block the way for us actually signing someone, that we shouldn't, I don't think that we're actually going to find anything we actually need this off season. Christensen would be a perfect fit to let ride out the next season or two to actually see if he has what it takes to stick around in the league or on this team.

RyanBozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

im iffy on bringing Prospal back...i guess if hes take 1-1.5 mil again, id be ok with it...but i dont want to pay him much more than that, and frankly im hesitant to keep him even at that price. Why? because Prospal is not a long term solution player. Hes a stop gap player. If we sign Kovalchuk, im ok with him playing a little more than if we dont sign kovalchuk.

If we dont sign kovalchuk, I say gut this roster of as many vets as you can, and stay the course of bringing in kids.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:39 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

It all depends on how much he wants. $1.5-2 million is fine, but after that, no way.

This team is most likely going to have some deficiencies going into next season, but they can still be competitive. They should build like the Coyotes; four really aggressive similar lines that just go, go, go.

Christensen is a priority, Weise for his energy, hitting, and crashing the net needs to be up, and I'm fine with a 2nd tier UFA who isn't expected to save the team but will be a piece. Frolov lost a lot of money with his season and mediocre playoffs so he might be had for cheap. I'm a Lee Stempniak fan too although I'm not sure how the Rangers view him. Lombardi would be very nice too.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 06:02 AM
AJRanger

For cheap, sure. Nobody does celebrations like Vinny.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
This is true but consider 1) getting younger 2) prospal disappeared at the end of the season (lingering injury? still worrisome) 3) he is comfortably sleeping on his $2.33M per buyout money.

Fine, I'll go up to $1.5M who are you? his agent? I guess his exuberant goal celebrations are worth an extra 400k

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:17 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
But this will be a bad Prospal year. Let him go, bring him back the year after that at another discount.
this

without the little sarcasm face

his up year down year trend is more reliable than the madden curse

i dont want anything to do with that, especially if its comes in the $2+mil range

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:14 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

guy has good season then a bad one. Thats the pattern

also vinny just had knee surgery

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Some info from hockeyrodent
http://hockeyrodent.com/

Quote:
There was an interview with Vinne Prospal appearing in a Czech tabloid today. He mostly repeats points he made to Gotham beat writers before his exit. He had an orthopedic procudure in January and was told that the pain would subside by March. He remains in significant pain and attributes this to playing through the healing process.

He claimed the knee has not improved at all - still cannot be extended fully - and this is now setting back the timetable of his summer training.

"At my age, the injuries take longer to heal, so I must rest longer. But training also takes longer at 35. So I must begin my preparation for next season sooner."

Old
05-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Some info from hockeyrodent
http://hockeyrodent.com/
alirght so he's hurt , resign for the same amount and its all good. Its not like the guy is not getting tons from TB anyway. He seemed happy with the Rangers and he got time with Gaborik

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 05:29 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
pretty much the same thread is on page 2:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=769271

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote