HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wick signing official - 1 year, 2-way 625k/55k

Old
04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Wham City

vCash: 500
Wick signing official - 1 year, 2-way 625k/55k

This is from a story in a Swiss online hockey magazine about three weeks ago, I ran it through Google translate, so the syntax is a little imperfect. You get the jist nonetheless though.

Quote:
According to President Jürg Bircher, three or four players leave the Kloten Flyers ( slapshot.ch reported ). Möglich, dass einer geht, den er gerne behalten würde: NHL-Draft Roman Wick (25) . Possible that one goes, he would like to keep: NHL Draft Roman Wick (25) .

Wick ist Klotens zweitbester Skorer in den Playoffs und buchte in 10 Partien 4 Tore und 5 Assists. Wick is Kloten Skore second best in the playoffs and booked in 10 games 4 goals and 5 assists. Im Draft 2004 haben die Ottawa Senators die Rechte an Wick erworben (Nr. 156). In 2004, the Draft Ottawa Senators have acquired the rights to Wick (No. 156). Einen Vertrag haben sie dem Nationalstürmer jedoch bisher nicht offeriert. They have a contract with the striker but not yet offered. Wie Wicks Agent Andy Rufener gegenüber slapshot.ch bestätigte, wird das Thema NHL jetzt wieder aktuell. As Wicks Agent Andy Rufener confirmed to slapshot.ch, the NHL is again subject to date. "Wir werden sehen, ob Ottawa weiterhin interessiert ist oder ob es zu einem Transfer kommt." "We'll see if Ottawa is still interested, or whether there will be a transfer will be."

Für Präsident Jürg Bircher ist klar, dass Wick die Chance NHL noch einmal packen könnte. For President Jürg Bircher is clear that Wick seize the opportunity NHL could again. "Er hat beim Olympischen Turnier die besten Verteidiger der Welt in Verlegenheit gebracht." "He has the Olympic tournament, the best defender in the world brought in embarrassment." Falls Wick eine Chance in Nordamerika bekommt, werden ihm die Kloten Flyers keine Steine in den Weg legen. If Wick in North America gets a chance to it Kloten Flyers no stones lay in the path.

Verträge für Spieler vom Format Wicks werden von den NHL-General Managern in der Regel frühestens im Juni gemacht. Contracts for players of the caliber of the Wicks are NHL general managers at the earliest made in June.

As I understand it:
- Wick is one of four players who may leave his team in the Swiss League, the team president would like to keep him
- He was his teams leading scorer in the playoffs with 4 goals, 5 assists in 10 games
- Drafted 154 by Ottawa in 2004
- Ottawa has inquired about Wick coming to Ottawa but as of now a contract hasn't been offered.
- Wick's agent "We'll see if Ottawa is still interested, or whether there will be a transfer"
- The president of his Swiss club understands that Wick would probably jump at an opportunity to play in the NHL. He played well in the Olympic Tournament, and embarrassed some of the best defenders(I think this is alluding to a picture on the site of Wick driving outside on Jack Johnson). If Wick gets the chance to play in the NHL his Swiss club won't stand in his way.
- Wick would be signed at the earliest in June.

Last edited by Wham City: 06-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:28 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Thanks for the update...I have a migraine after reading that, though.

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
Thanks for the update...I have a migraine after reading that, though.
Thanks but can you translate the translation

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:32 AM
M4TR1X
HFB Partner

Thanks for the update but the translation was really bugging me so if someone could kind of sort things out that would be awesome just I kind of get what it is saying.

M4TR1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
JoeSakic

According to President Jürg Bircher, three or four players leave the Kloten Flyers ( slapshot.ch reported ). Possible that one goes, he would like to keep: NHL Draft Roman Wick (25) .

Wick is Kloten Skore second best in the playoffs and booked in 10 games 4 goals and 5 assists. In 2004, the Draft Ottawa Senators have acquired the rights to Wick (No. 156). They have a contract with the striker but not yet offered. As Wicks Agent Andy Rufener confirmed to slapshot.ch, the NHL is again subject to date. "We'll see if Ottawa is still interested, or whether there will be a transfer will be."

For President Jürg Bircher is clear that Wick seize the opportunity NHL could again. "He has the Olympic tournament, the best defender in the world brought in embarrassment." If Wick in North America gets a chance to it Kloten Flyers no stones lay in the path.

Contracts for players of the caliber of the Wicks are NHL general managers at the earliest made in June.

JoeSakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:44 AM
M4TR1X
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
According to President Jürg Bircher, three or four players leave the Kloten Flyers ( slapshot.ch reported ). Possible that one goes, he would like to keep: NHL Draft Roman Wick (25) .

Wick is Kloten Skore second best in the playoffs and booked in 10 games 4 goals and 5 assists. In 2004, the Draft Ottawa Senators have acquired the rights to Wick (No. 156). They have a contract with the striker but not yet offered. As Wicks Agent Andy Rufener confirmed to slapshot.ch, the NHL is again subject to date. "We'll see if Ottawa is still interested, or whether there will be a transfer will be."

For President Jürg Bircher is clear that Wick seize the opportunity NHL could again. "He has the Olympic tournament, the best defender in the world brought in embarrassment." If Wick in North America gets a chance to it Kloten Flyers no stones lay in the path.

Contracts for players of the caliber of the Wicks are NHL general managers at the earliest made in June.
Thank you.

M4TR1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Afro Thunder*

Man so many swedish prospects. I love it.

Why hasn't a contract sheet been offered yet?

Edit: just youtubed the guy, **** this guy is big, already built for the NHL, would love to see him on the top line with Regin and Speeza, that line would be all kind of awesome, all size baby. Kind of reminds me of Correy Perry.

Last edited by Afro Thunder*: 04-27-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Man so many swedish prospects. I love it.

Why hasn't a contract sheet been offered yet?

Edit: just youtubed the guy, **** this guy is big, already built for the NHL, would love to see him on the top line with Regin and Speeza, that line would be all kind of awesome, all size baby. Kind of reminds me of Correy Perry.
He's Swiss. I don't know much about him at all but from what I've heard he is more suited to the 3rd/4th line right now. Hopefully one day he will be a top 6er though.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
DaveMatthew

Hopefully we get him signed. You can never have too many guys competing for spots. Plus he looked outstanding in the Olympics, and it looks like he's really added some weight since the last time we saw him over here.

Aaand... look at the guy. The hair is something we need on this team...

Last edited by DaveMatthew: 04-27-2010 at 11:38 AM.
DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:22 AM
source

Didn't we lose his rights a couple years ago?

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:35 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
Hopefully we get him signed. You can never have too many guys competing for spots. Plus he looked outstanding in the Olympics, and it looks like he's really added some weight since the last time we saw him over here.

Plus... look at the guy. The hair is something we need on this team...

Why do the Swiss always have sick flow? What's their secret? They must have the best hairstylists over there. Maybe in their mandatory military service they also give them mandatory lessons in hair products and care. Hard to say. Poor Gerber was going bald in his 20s. He missed out.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post

Plus... look at the guy. The hair is something we need on this team...

Looks like Malkin but less ugly.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:37 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
A LOT less ugly. The sight of Wick doesn't make me physically ill. But I do see the resemblance.

Old
04-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Doesn't sound like he would go to the AHL.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Malkin/MSP.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Wow, my German in Uni paid off! I actually understood that. Let me know if you guys want like more stylized translation.

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Wham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolakDave View Post
Wow, my German in Uni paid off! I actually understood that. Let me know if you guys want like more stylized translation.
Absolutely.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:17 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Malkin/MSP.
with a little bit of Kopitar

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:28 PM
petelevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Didn't we lose his rights a couple years ago?
As I understand it no, because there's no agreement between the NHL and the IIHF (or the NLA). The only league that currently has a signed agreement with the NHL is the SM-Liiga in Finland (the NHL is still, I believe, negotiating with the SEL in Sweden at the moment). Without a transfer agreement, NHL teams retain the rights of players, but have to negotiate their own settlements with individual clubs.

petelevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Manny*

I really want this kid on the team next year.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:04 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelevi View Post
As I understand it no, because there's no agreement between the NHL and the IIHF (or the NLA). The only league that currently has a signed agreement with the NHL is the SM-Liiga in Finland (the NHL is still, I believe, negotiating with the SEL in Sweden at the moment). Without a transfer agreement, NHL teams retain the rights of players, but have to negotiate their own settlements with individual clubs.
Well that's very encouraging. I'm sure he'll come over for training camp and he can be evaluated then.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
4thliner*

This guy reminds you of a young Martin Havlat's speed and moves.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateDerekPlante View Post
with a little bit of Kopitar
He could also be a 4th Jonas Brother.

Old