HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happens if spacek is good to go against the Pens?

Old
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
He'll take out MAB. MAB played all of 5 minutes.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:37 PM
De Montreal
help

If Jaro is really 100% good to go, I'll insert him into the lineup. screw that winning lineup thing. Jaro have been GOLD for us the first two games, we will need every soldiers in if we want to win. I'll just scratch MAB.

I know it won't happen. I know the topic isnt about ur opinion but Martin's.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
InAG-P

My initial reaction was to say that we should keep Spacek out. But on second thought I think we should go with 7d and just play MAB on the PP. I think we should play Spacek just because it might just screw with Ovie mind a little bit and just putting that little bit of doubt in Ovie's mind about his ability may prove priceless.

InAG-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:54 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
scratch MAB, play Subban and Spacek.
yes please

not worth the risk. Has MAB scored AT ALL this series? I forgot what his upside was.

We already have to live with Hammer, why ask for more trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
How u know?
pierre said so and he knows everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
PK is better 5 on 5, not yet prepared to say he is better on the PP.
in terms of shot...maybe not (we have yet to really see, but probably not as good a shot...or as hard I should say. MAB has not hit the net in awhile)

In terms of moving the puck - advantage Subban by a long shot

In terms of f'ing up - advantage Subban, also when he does (which is not really, but rather a miscue, he will correct it immediately)

In terms of bringing the puck up ice - huge advantage PK (which allows us to either use Gomez, Pleky, Markov or Subby, depending who's on...i HATE it when MAB brings the puck up ice)

so, on the PP, even though MAB has scored some Souray-like goals, this is not a game where we can take risks. If MAB had been scoring on the PP, different story, but if he plays tomorrow and does NOT score/assist off a deflection on the PP, it will have been a bad decision. Since we don't want to deal with hindsight, consider the pros and cons I mentioned.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-28-2010 at 12:45 AM.
habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:15 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

As much as Hamrlik's play has been worrisome to say the least (I've calmed down since wishing he never wears the Hab uniform again after Game 4), his experience and calm will be welcome in a Game 7 situation. As long as his ice-time is kept around 15 to 18 mins tomorrow night, I've got no problem with #44 in the line-up.

Now, I'm not the biggest MAB fan out there, but I'd be pretty hesitant scratching him in WSH simply because his slapper, if he gets to use it -- which he, unfortunately, didn't do 6 games into the serie -- remains a potential gamebreaker. I would dress 7 Ds and use Bergeron strictly on the #1 PP unit. However, he needs to have his mind set on finding shooting lanes to get his howitzer going once again... if not, he's just about worthless.

P.K. brings energy to this club and didn't make any bonehead plays in his first game. He was sound defensively, brought the puck up the neutral zone with confidence, and won many battles in the defensive zone. I want him in for sure.

O'Byrne has been almost impeccable. Hard to complain about his play, plus he's been a physical presence at times. I cannot see how you can justify taking him out of the 1st pairing. So it basically comes down to Spacek being 100% or not. If there's any doubt that he's not totally ready to take part of Game 7, just leave him out.
Otherwise, if Spacek is all-set to go, a tough decision will be awaiting for JM because Jaro is a playoff warrior who can contribute big-time shut down WSH's top-6 tomorrow night... Can't really go with 8 Ds, so what do you do? I guess it comes down to leaving out MAB or P.K. if we get to that point (?)

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:24 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovForNorris View Post
As much as Hamrlik's play has been worrisome to say the least (I've calmed down since wishing he never wears the Hab uniform again after Game 4), his experience and calm will be welcome in a Game 7 situation. As long as his ice-time is kept around 15 to 18 mins tomorrow night, I've got no problem with #44 in the line-up.

Now, I'm not the biggest MAB fan out there, but I'd be pretty hesitant scratching him in WSH simply because his slapper, if he gets to use it -- which he, unfortunately, didn't do 6 games into the serie -- remains a potential gamebreaker. I would dress 7 Ds and use Bergeron strictly on the #1 PP unit. However, he needs to have his mind set on finding shooting lanes to get his howitzer going once again... if not, he's just about worthless.

P.K. brings energy to this club and didn't make any bonehead plays in his first game. He was sound defensively, brought the puck up the neutral zone with confidence, and won many battles in the defensive zone. I want him in for sure.

O'Byrne has been almost impeccable. Hard to complain about his play, plus he's been a physical presence at times. I cannot see how you can justify taking him out of the 1st pairing. So it basically comes down to Spacek being 100% or not. If there's any doubt that he's not totally ready to take part of Game 7, just leave him out.
Otherwise, if Spacek is all-set to go, a tough decision will be awaiting for JM because Jaro is a playoff warrior who can contribute big-time shut down WSH's top-6 tomorrow night... Can't really go with 8 Ds, so what do you do? I guess it comes down to leaving out MAB or PK if we get to that point (?)
I think this is pretty much what we all agree on (for once!). BTW, your praise of OB is so deserved. I don't think Spacek will be good to go so it's gonna end up being a facsimile of the last game in terms of minutes for MAB.

i so hope you're right about Hammer. I really like the guy, I've never really hated him or his play, but this end of season and even worse - playoffs, I blame half the results (if not more) on him and his breezer-esque gaffs. I want him to have the game of the season so that we can all go back to liking him again. There isn't a better stage for him to elevate his game. GWG and he will be back to hero in MTL. All it takes...one game.

As for MAB on the PP, Caps know to rush him. He'll likely throw it into their feet or make a crap pass that gets picked off. Their PK guys know how to play against him, that's why he's not getting his shots off, although last game he has a few that went wide (I liked our PP last game). He has to get set up by Markov then bang, no stalling (and Markov better be ready to sprint back to the net if needed).

Old
04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I really think O'Byrne should come out, no?

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:35 AM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
I really think O'Byrne should come out, no?
OB has been a BEAST this series. One of the few Habs that throws what I beleive is called a body check. He is a physical presence that we cannot afford to lose.

MAB - you are the weakest link, goodbye!

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:36 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

We're playing in WAS game 7 -- we won't get any PP, so no need for MAB?

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:39 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
We're playing in WAS game 7 -- we won't get any PP, so no need for MAB?
We might get a diving penalty if we score. We better make sure we don't celebrate too much if we do score, cuz Ovechkin never does.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

MAB has the worst +/- on the team by far. Yikes. We've got one guy at -4, four others at -3. MAB is a -8.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

scratch Hamrlik or MAB.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:21 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
OB has been a BEAST this series. One of the few Habs that throws what I beleive is called a body check. He is a physical presence that we cannot afford to lose.

MAB - you are the weakest link, goodbye!
body....check?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:37 AM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
We can't take Bergeron off the point on the PP. It wouldnt be smart at all.
Yes it would be. He has done nothing good on the PP, two assists and 11 shots in 6 games.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
bipolarhabfan

Bergeron is the one that needs to sit. Put Subban on the fourth line. Rotate Subban with Hamrlik/Spacek and Cammalleri/Gionta with the fourth line.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

If MAB is out, that means Gorges on the power play. Not sure I want that.

I don't care if he plays on the PP only, but we need MAB shot on the power play. O'Byrne has played well but his presence is not as essential. And he takes bad penalties every game...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

I don't care if he plays on the PP only, but we need MAB shot on the power play. O'Byrne has played well but his presence is not as essential. And he takes bad penalties every game...
well, who was on the pp before subban was called up?

subban brings more on the pp and 5 on 5 than bergernon, he needs to sit the **** out.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

Markov-Subban
Spacek-Hamrlik

Or rotate Spacek and Subban and leave Markov out for the full 2 minutes

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
llamateizer

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298076.html

"C'est d'ailleurs le même alignement que lors du sixième match qui sera envoyé dans la mêlée. C'est donc dire que P.K. Subban jouera à titre de septième défenseur alors que Jaroslav Spacek sera une fois de plus laissé de côté."

Same Linup

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
If PK is scratched so MAB can play, that would be an absolute joke.

I don't know what Martin will do - IMHO, what he should do is sit MAB!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

MAB had a golden opportunity to put a shot on net last game and missed. Factor in game 1 to 5, and MAB has had PLENTY of chances to show what he could do, and he didn't show he could do anything worthwhile in these playoffs. He doesn't have a contract for next season, he's the obvious man out, can't sit Subban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post

"C'est d'ailleurs le même alignement que lors du sixième match qui sera envoyé dans la mêlée. C'est donc dire que P.K. Subban jouera à titre de septième défenseur alors que Jaroslav Spacek sera une fois de plus laissé de côté."

Same Linup
Spacek probably isn't 100%.

I just hope Martin has the balls to go with Subban-Markov on the first PP this time around. MAB should just play if we're trailing by 2 in some kind of hail mary situation.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Considering Bergeron actually played on defensive when we weren't on the pp last game
He played 36 seconds off the powerplay...

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
He played 36 seconds off the powerplay...
Maybe they need to give him a few shifts per period so he is awake for the PP. Pretty hard to just sit and hop on to the 1st pp and not be jumpy.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post

Same Linup
Not sure why you are happy...I think we have a better chance with Spacek at 85-90% than with either MAB or Subban...I have to assume he is at less than 80% if JM and co are not playing him.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:35 PM
BJG

As per Habs I/O, Spacek skated today and will be a game-time decision.

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote