HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Yeah, just give the Flames the Cup now

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Obsessed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Well, the end of the world is here. The Calgary Flames are in the Stanley Cup Finals.
I know this cant be true, because its impossible.

Im not even talking about....... what are some other possibilities that come from this outcome.
Tampa Bay wins thier first ever Stanley Cup?

Old
05-19-2004, 11:04 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Tampa Bay wins thier first ever Stanley Cup?
If someone can guarantee me this, I will be able to sleep in the next 2 weeks. Im not making any predictions, making any comments about head to head matchups, talent & goalteding of one team VS. the other........ just win EAST win.

Old
05-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Mizral

Well, this thread seems mighty ridiculous right now, wouldn't you say?

Old
05-19-2004, 11:20 PM
windowlicker

When I think about.. which Canadian team will feel this the most........ Vancouver, who lost to these Flames, a Vancouver team who is suppose to be a powerhouse contender. Ottawa, who is still suppose to win it all this year. Toronto who seems to be able to put a decent regular season together just to fall apart in the playoffs, while the decades without a championship pass. Montreal, who actually didnt look half bad these playoffs untill getting hit by Lightning.... Wait.. I know the answer........

(Its times like these I wish I stuck to my national sport, Football. Or as you North Americans call it, Soccer.)

Old
05-20-2004, 01:18 AM
HOZ

I said it once I will say it again....

Everytime Cowville wins a series they head to the CUP. They are .500 in the finals!

Old
05-20-2004, 06:17 AM
choppystride

The hockey was so good that I wished it had gone 7 games.

Who would have thunk it? CGY vs SJ producing such exciting hockey.

Definitely a far cry from the ANA vs MIN borefest of last year.

Congrats to the Flames.

But not that I don't think it's a fluke (sorry, had to get that cheapshot in )

Now if only TB could finish its job, doesn't anyone else think it's gonna be one exciting final?

Old
05-20-2004, 07:50 AM
xauxi

One thing I like best if Flames take down Tamba is that there will be no US championship NHL team invited to the Whitehouse. ...I am not sure if Paul Martin would invites Flames into Parliament Building if the Cup is on Alberta, Canada soil.
Now, eveyone on over the world (who like hockey) will know about Alberta, where it is next to impossible to get the next Stanley cup. Everytime I think of the rich in US scratch their head about the small market Canadian team's success, the more I feel proud...Just one more step Flames...Please make Alberta's name.
Go! Flames Go! .. but... watch out for MacT's squads next year, Flames....

Old
05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
When I think about.. which Canadian team will feel this the most........ Vancouver, who lost to these Flames, a Vancouver team who is suppose to be a powerhouse contender. Ottawa, who is still suppose to win it all this year. Toronto who seems to be able to put a decent regular season together just to fall apart in the playoffs, while the decades without a championship pass. Montreal, who actually didnt look half bad these playoffs untill getting hit by Lightning.... Wait.. I know the answer........

(Its times like these I wish I stuck to my national sport, Football. Or as you North Americans call it, Soccer.)
I gotta tell you, as a Canuck fan, this really makes me wonder.

IF Bertuzzi wasn't such a moron, and IF Cloutier didn't get hurt there and IF Malik took Gelinas, and IF the OT lasted longer than it did and IF the Canucks beat the Flames that night...

Would it be Vancouver facing the ECF winner for Lord Stanley's Mug this year?

Lots of ifs, but it makes me feel a little better that it was Vancouver that took Calgary to 1 goal of eliminating them when Detroit and San Jose could not.. and without our 2nd best forward and our #1 goalie.

Fun fact: in the last 4 playoff defeats, 3 of them went onto the finals. Avs in 2001 (Cup winner), Wings in 2002 (Cup winner), Wild in 2003 (WCF losers), Flames in 2004 (heading to the Stanley Cup Finals)

Old
05-20-2004, 06:14 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
I gotta tell you, as a Canuck fan, this really makes me wonder.

IF Bertuzzi wasn't such a moron, and IF Cloutier didn't get hurt there and IF Malik took Gelinas, and IF the OT lasted longer than it did and IF the Canucks beat the Flames that night...

Would it be Vancouver facing the ECF winner for Lord Stanley's Mug this year?
I can almost guarantee you if all those things fall into place and Naslund clicks like he can during the regular season, it would be the Canucks Vs. Philly/Tampa in the Final this year. As for the eventual winner? Probably ______ in 6.

Last edited by windowlicker: 05-20-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old
05-20-2004, 06:16 PM
monster_bertuzzi

One thing we can take out of this is the joy that after the Flames cindarella run is over, they'll miss the playoffs next year. :lol

Old
05-20-2004, 09:27 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
One thing we can take out of this is the joy that after the Flames cindarella run is over, they'll miss the playoffs next year. :lol
I always find that wishing bad things on other teams does this

1) Nothing but make you look like a loser and a sore one at that
2) Bite you in the ! The bad luck always seems to be reversed

I for one will never chear for Alberta's 3rd city. But they are playing simply great hockey.

Old
05-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Speaking about Calgary. This might be a little off-topic. The current junior team in Calgary isn't the original one. I can't remember the name of the original Calgary junior team but they moved to Billings around the same time the Oil Kings moved to Portland.

05-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Speaking about Calgary. This might be a little off-topic. The current junior team in Calgary isn't the original one. I can't remember the name of the original Calgary junior team but they moved to Billings around the same time the Oil Kings moved to Portland.
It might have been the Centenniels. That was the team that Danny Gare played for in the early 70s, Bob Nystrom too I think and Mike Rogers.

Old
05-21-2004, 06:33 PM
icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
I always find that wishing bad things on other teams does this

1) Nothing but make you look like a loser and a sore one at that
2) Bite you in the ! The bad luck always seems to be reversed

I for one will never chear for Alberta's 3rd city. But they are playing simply great hockey.
Perfectly put

Old
06-07-2004, 10:03 PM
windowlicker

Well, it took the very skilled Tampa lineup, some heart attacks and coming within a single shot of winning the Cup, but the order of this world is restored, the sky did not fall, the 3 horsemen did not arrive, and Calgary did not win their 2nd Stanley Cup Championship.

Old
06-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Amen! And to think I spent the whole week trying to think of a replacement to the "difference between a bra and the Flames" joke.

Closed Thread