HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Goalie Equipment

Old
04-29-2010, 08:10 AM
thepatient

vCash: 500
Goalie Equipment

Hey,

I'm looking to get some new goalie gear. I don't want to spend too much because it'll be just for beer league play. I have a pair of old Braun pads, and they're a size 32. I was wondering if there is a big difference between 32 and 33 because I found a decently priced set of TPS Summit Pro's on goalie monkey.

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/tps-goal...t-plus-sr.html

They are a 33+1, also what does the +1 represent. From my understanding after a quick search on google it has to do with 5 hole coverage.

Do you think these pads would fit, and if I were to go try any TPS brand pads at a hockey store would the fitting be similar?

thepatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Interior Cascadian

There shouldn't be that much difference.

The +1 refers to an extra inch added to the thigh rise of the pads (pretty standard these days). The knee lock will line up on your leg just like a regular 33" TPS pad, which is very important for fit. The +1 will factor in when you're in your butterfly, it should help close things up a little more easily. It shouldn't be enough to mess with your stance or agility when it comes to butterflying, lateral movements, etc.

Hope they work out for you!

Interior Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 08:50 AM
thepatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyJayhawk View Post
There shouldn't be that much difference.

The +1 refers to an extra inch added to the thigh rise of the pads (pretty standard these days). The knee lock will line up on your leg just like a regular 33" TPS pad, which is very important for fit. The +1 will factor in when you're in your butterfly, it should help close things up a little more easily. It shouldn't be enough to mess with your stance or agility when it comes to butterflying, lateral movements, etc.

Hope they work out for you!
Thanks a lot, appreciate the response

thepatient is offline   Reply With Quote