HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

On behalf of the Phoenix Coyotes

Old
04-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
On behalf of the Phoenix Coyotes

I would like to say congratulations, and I speak for most of our fans.
Most of you are true, classy fans, and don't deserve the bad wrap that you get as a fan base of a great team. Unfortunately there are a few of your posters who take advantage of having such a prestigious team to root for, but the honorable fans that you guys are overshadowed the ignorance. As hard as it is for me to write this, I feel that it needs to be said, because you are people to be respected.

Again, congrats. Good luck against San Jose!

P.S. Don't mean to end on a bad note, but if you guys make it to the finals, and Pittsburgh just so happens to be your opponent, I'm going to hesitantly shoot myself in the face

Good luck guys, great series.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:06 PM
moosemeister

I second this.

Best of luck guys. Beat the fish

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Anchor Town

preciate it guys

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
P.S. Don't mean to end on a bad note, but if you guys make it to the finals, and Pittsburgh just so happens to be your opponent, I'm going to hesitantly shoot myself in the face

You and me both. I'm so sick of that story. I hope Bettman turns on them on places Warshington in the finals instead of his love children with Mario.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:26 PM
YzermanWings19

Phoenix played tougher than I thought they would be, so hats off to the Coyotes for a hard fought series. If we do go on to greater things this season, I will look back to this series as a prepper for what was to come.

I sincerely hope all those fans come back next season that were there tonight. But, I am skeptical. With good reason of course, but hopefully they come back.

YzermanWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Thanks.

You have many reasons to be proud of your team too. I doubt many expected this to go to game 7, btw. I said it in the GDT, but Tippet deserves a lot of credit for getting this far in just one year.

Old
04-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Sadekuuro

Hats off to the Yotes and their fans as well.

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:17 AM
aar000n

I really liked how PHX saulted their team in the end even thou they were run off the ice the fans remember the year they had and that was classy.

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Great series PHX. IMO, you guys are a D-man or 2 away from being a real problem in the West. Hopefully you guys get an owner who wants to do some damage in the NHL.

Good luck PHX. I've always been a huge Doan fan,(yeah he was a lunatic freight train that pissed me off this series) hope he's alright.

By the way, whats up with the Kyle Turris situation?

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzenstein View Post
Great series PHX. IMO, you guys are a D-man or 2 away from being a real problem in the West. Hopefully you guys get an owner who wants to do some damage in the NHL.

Good luck PHX. I've always been a huge Doan fan,(yeah he was a lunatic freight train that pissed me off this series) hope he's alright.

By the way, whats up with the Kyle Turris situation?
Kyle Turris just had a great year in the AHL. The problem is that we rushed him, thinking that he could step in a be our number one center, that is a lot of pressure fro someone his age, so he underperformed. Think Bobby Ryan when it comes to Turris, as Bobby Ryan was sent back to the AHL for a good while until he found his game, then came back to the NHL. We can only hope for the same results. Look for his second chance next season.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 04:24 AM
slapshots1515

Thanks guys. You know, I'm not going to lie, I've always previously thought of PHX as kind of an apethetic fan base previously (not from all the stories, from the fact that the arena always felt mixed and not all that hostile), but I must say I've been proven wrong in this series. Way to be guys, great series.

It'll be interesting to see where your team is in a few years. They've got a lot of the pieces in place; no real superstars, but a ton of players who are hella hard to play against.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 05:58 AM
jkrx

Quote:
Kyle Turris just had a great year in the AHL. The problem is that we rushed him, thinking that he could step in a be our number one center, that is a lot of pressure fro someone his age, so he underperformed. Think Bobby Ryan when it comes to Turris, as Bobby Ryan was sent back to the AHL for a good while until he found his game, then came back to the NHL. We can only hope for the same results. Look for his second chance next season.
As logn as you have Doan you'll be alright. He must be one of the best mentors a kid can have on a team.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 06:04 AM
rocknrollnobody

The Coyotes seems like a definite playmaker's team.

Loved the White Out in the Jobing, which looked amazing, and really enjoyed the series, even though my nerves are pretty shredded.

As someone else said further up the thread, Phoenix look like they're only a player or two away from a really successful team.

rocknrollnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 06:22 AM
14ari13

Quote:
I would like to say congratulations, and I speak for most of our fans.
Most of you are true, classy fans, and don't deserve the bad wrap that you get as a fan base of a great team. Unfortunately there are a few of your posters who take advantage of having such a prestigious team to root for, but the honorable fans that you guys are overshadowed the ignorance. As hard as it is for me to write this, I feel that it needs to be said, because you are people to be respected.

Again, congrats. Good luck against San Jose!

Thanks.

I think your team did real great. You were unfortunate to have to play the 2 times conference champions. You should have tried to play the Sharks in the 1st round, then you would have most probably won.

Your coach is fantastic. All the best next season.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Yemack

I thought your team played above and beyond the call of duty. coyotes defended like a pack and attacked like a pack. A real solid team which could have done some damage this post season.

I didn't know how good coyotes were until this series and needless to say everyone can see now how coyotes did a fabulous job. Real impressed by some of unknown players and of course, your coach.

good luck this offseason and next year. your team certainly earned and deserve every break this summer.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 07:22 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Thanks.

You have many reasons to be proud of your team too. I doubt many expected this to go to game 7, btw. I said it in the GDT, but Tippet deserves a lot of credit for getting this far in just one year.
How much of an idiot does Gretzky look like, comparatively? Ouch.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:05 AM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Great season for the 'Yotes... I can't believe how far they came in one year. They really formed a bond and worked as a solid unit.

Good luck next year!

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:25 AM
PocketGnome

I don't think anybody had the Yotes staying in Phoenix after this season, let alone winning games and making the playoffs. It was an excellent series and I enjoyed every bit of it! Good luck in the offseason, and keep that Tippet fellow around - what an awesome coach.

*handshake*

PocketGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:27 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Congrats to Yotes a great season and a spectacular first round. Thanks for being classy and good luck next year!

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:44 AM
BTCG

Couple of things... I've been astounded by the hard-sell so many in hockey gave, and continue to give to us on TGO's ability as a coach. Ron Maclean and his Hot Stove cohorts, in particuliar, come to mind. Me, I loved our games against TGO's Coyotes, especially when we'd score, and the camera man would do a quick swing to Gretzky, beet-red and screaming at the officials and/or his team. Divine comedy! Tippet's job with that team exposed Wayne like Carolina exposed Brodeur's current level of skill last year. And... I didn't care for the way he treated Brett Hull, waging war in the media, and I'll never forget his childish rant at the Olympics: "They hate us because we're Canadians..." Give me a break! Lots of grins in my casa when the torch wouldn't come out in Vancouver... TGO's facial expression was something I'll never forget. I told the missus: "Look at that hon... it's karma, even the torch won't work for him! It must hate him because he's Canadian!!!!"

Another observation: seeing Lang brought out a bit of a dilemma in me. I was never happy with bringing Lang on board in Hockeytown, but as a season ticket holder for the Caps, everytime I see Flash make a great move and score, I can't help but think of how much help he could have been to us earlier, when we were so undermanned. Oh well, spilled milk.... and Schnieder, you can have. Ungrateful #@%%*#

Lastly, Bryzgolov was amazing... but again, the Caps fan in me laments: the Caps could have claimed him before the Coyote's did, and for next to nothing. They do that, then, and maybe they aren't facing a game 7 tonight? (which I'll be attending, STH) Great move by the Coyotes picking him up, as we all evidenced in this series.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Datsyuk2Zetterberg

The coyotes have a bright future ahead of them, as long as Bryz sticks around, and after this run, they should be able to get some good talent via FA.

And thanks.

Datsyuk2Zetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:43 AM
tfong

Phx played their hearts out and had a fantastic season. Their fans should be really proud of what they did this year. Hopefully it'll carry into next year as well.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:03 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Take away Shane overrated Doan and the Yotes might have been one of my favorite teams to root for over the years.

COngrats on a strong season.

zetterberg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
How much of an idiot does Gretzky look like, comparatively? Ouch.

Yes, it was okay to have him as part of the franchise for PR purposes, but his coaching resume wasn't exactly filled out. Just makes you wonder how much sooner the team could have developed if they'd had a good coach for a young team?

I don't share the hatred for TGO. He ~really~ was great.

Re: Lang and Schneider. It is amazing though how good some former Wings can look on the other side. We've didn't miss any of these guys after they left, but you appreciate Schneider's rocket a bit more when it's coming at you. Lang can still handle the puck and set up nicely-- and he's friggin' old. Sammy? Well, he has his own thread.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Yes, it was okay to have him as part of the franchise for PR purposes, but his coaching resume wasn't exactly filled out. Just makes you wonder how much sooner the team could have developed if they'd had a good coach for a young team?

I don't share the hatred for TGO. He ~really~ was great.

Re: Lang and Schneider. It is amazing though how good some former Wings can look on the other side. We've didn't miss any of these guys after they left, but you appreciate Schneider's rocket a bit more when it's coming at you. Lang can still handle the puck and set up nicely-- and he's friggin' old. Sammy? Well, he has his own thread.
Fugu,

Don't know how old you are, or how much you remember, but one thing: we were spoiled by having Steve Yzerman. And for many, there's this tendency to equate Yzerman's character on and off the ice with TGO, and Mario, for that matter.
But, neither TGO or Mario are the man of character that #19 is.

I remember well, Wayne's rant against the New Jersey Devil's franchise, calling the organization "Mickey Mouse." But it wasn't so much what he said, everyone spouts off now and then, as it was his arrogance, defiance, and outright refusal to to apologize, or at least try an lessen the embarrassment this brought on his own team and the league. No one tells Wayne Gretzky what to do.

Same behavior, different scenario, when he boarded a Buffalo player (I believe it was Buffalo) and used his stick on the poor guy. He serious injured the player, and Gretzky acted like it was his right, and actually laughed when asked about it. Remember the mask of arrogance we'd see when we'd play his Coyotes? Picture it after these 2 incidents. Think Stevie Y would ever behave like that?

Wayne may have been one of the top 5 greatest players of all time on the ice, but he's a person of very low character off the ice.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote