HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospects Thread (NCAA, Juniors, International, ECHL, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2010, 08:09 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I would like to use this time to announce that Jesper Fasth has landed on my favorite Ranger prospect list solely based on the picture on the Rangers website. Everyone else is a cookie cutter head shot, except Jesper. I find it amusing, therefore, I am now a Jesper Fasth fan.... I only hope that he turns out amazing....

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475855
Nice Myspace shot, Jesper.

RANGERS =
Old
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
TreeSapLlama

I know this has been mentioned in different threads, but what are the available ways to watch Kreider's games in BC this fall? Do they stream the games for a few bucks each online?

Old
07-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
I know this has been mentioned in different threads, but what are the available ways to watch Kreider's games in BC this fall? Do they stream the games for a few bucks each online?
they are on TV quite a bit. NESN and the college channels have em, you just need to have the sports package. I caught about 5-10 games on TV, plus the WJC of course.

Old
07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
they are on TV quite a bit. NESN and the college channels have em, you just need to have the sports package. I caught about 5-10 games on TV, plus the WJC of course.
Damn, looks like ill be streaming online since I don't think i can get most of those american stations. On the bright side, ill be at the WJC again this year so i can see him in person . Im hoping he gets 5 goals in a 6 - 5 loss to Canada in the gold medal game

Old
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Go to BC's website and pull up the schedule:

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-ho...key-sched.html

Then select the game you want to watch. You will see a window on the right side of the page with detailed info about the game. At the bottom, beneath where it says "Coverage", you will see a link to watch the game if it's available. There may also be an audio link, which is usually free, and a gametracker link, which is free.

Clicking on the watch link will take you to CBS Sports. Or you can just go to CBS Sports directly and skip BC's website, but I find it easier to go the long way rather than search for the game on CBS.

You have to install microsoft silverlight if you don't have it already, but it's free. I forget how much each game costs, but you can view a lot of the archives for free.

You can do the same thing with Michigan as well if you are interested in watching Hagelin.

Old
07-14-2010, 04:55 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Damn, looks like ill be streaming online since I don't think i can get most of those american stations. On the bright side, ill be at the WJC again this year so i can see him in person . Im hoping he gets 5 goals in a 6 - 5 loss to Canada in the gold medal game
Have you gotten your tickets? I am just wondering because I want to go but I don't want to buy one of those packages where I have to go to like 25 games.

Old
07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Have you gotten your tickets? I am just wondering because I want to go but I don't want to buy one of those packages where I have to go to like 25 games.
I looked into it, and it appears as though that's the only way to buy seats. I may still purchase them. If it comes down to it, you can sell off some of the games as individuals, and even if you don't, and you went to half the games, it would still only be about $40 a game or so. Not too bad, considering you get all the medal games and such.

Old
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
but you can view a lot of the archives for free.
any idea how long before a game becomes archived for free? just curious if thats like past season games or if i wait a week i can watch it for free

Old
07-14-2010, 05:52 PM
TreeSapLlama

Thanks for the advice re: Watching Kreider.

As for the WJC, yeah i bought a full package when they first went on sale. I know last year they were selling lots of single game non-medal round tickets. I am not really sure how the turnout will be for this one as opposed to Saskatchewan, but im sure you can pick up a few tickets.

Old
07-14-2010, 06:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
I looked into it, and it appears as though that's the only way to buy seats. I may still purchase them. If it comes down to it, you can sell off some of the games as individuals, and even if you don't, and you went to half the games, it would still only be about $40 a game or so. Not too bad, considering you get all the medal games and such.
Yeah I still may do it. Still in college so 400 dollars is quite the sum.

Old
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Yeah I still may do it. Still in college so 400 dollars is quite the sum.
Oh, I hear you. I just graduated law school and am currently unemployed. Might buy WJC tix as a gift to myself if I happen to land something.

Old
07-14-2010, 07:01 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Oh, I hear you. I just graduated law school and am currently unemployed. Might buy WJC tix as a gift to myself if I happen to land something.
Yeah, I work as a bartender over the summer so I told myself that if I can make enough once I reach my goal for the summer I will treat myself. Still would rather pay for 5-6 games though.

Old
07-14-2010, 07:19 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Yeah, I work as a bartender over the summer so I told myself that if I can make enough once I reach my goal for the summer I will treat myself. Still would rather pay for 5-6 games though.
Best of luck.

Hopefully we'll both get there and I can buy you a beer at one of the games.

Old
07-14-2010, 07:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Best of luck.

Hopefully we'll both get there and I can buy you a beer at one of the games.
Hopefully by that time I will have graduated and have a job of my own and I can buy a round as well.

Old
07-15-2010, 01:19 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

http://rangers.nhl.com/index.html

has anyone posted that they have play-by-play vids up on the Rangers site from prospect camp?

edit: more like color commentary

Last edited by n8: 07-15-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old
07-15-2010, 02:24 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
any idea how long before a game becomes archived for free? just curious if thats like past season games or if i wait a week i can watch it for free
No clue. I just looked at it the other day and a bunch were free. I'm not sure if all of the archived games were free or just select ones.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Interesting thing I found perusing hockeydb.

It says Backman was dealt in return for the rights to the pick that turned out to be Dale Weise. That didnt make a hell of a lot of sense to me, so I looked at Weise's trades.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80353

It then says somehow we got that pick back from Nashville for a 7th and a 4th the following year. Am I missing something?

very confused.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Wasn't Backman the spare part in the Tyutin for Zherdev and Fritsche trade?

Old
07-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Wasn't Backman the spare part in the Tyutin for Zherdev and Fritsche trade?
Yeah. The trade im looking at was the initial trade that sent backman to the rangers that year. hockeydb claims that the pick that went to the Blues for Backman turned out to be Dale Weise. Either something transpired to get that pick to Nashville, and then back to the rangers, or they got it wrong.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
NYR Viper

Just watched the video on the Rangers site from the development camp and the players who I was most surprised and impressed by were:

McNaught - He actually was able to handle the puck and make a few nice moves. he was not behind the play, just looked like he needed to bulk up and work on his lower body strength(like most taller kids do).

Bourque - Shifty, quick, smart. All of those words described him. With the extra space on the ice he was all over the place.

Pashnin - Hard-worker and feisty, a good combination for a smaller defenseman.

Thomas - Shifty with a great shot. If he can add some strength, the Rangers may have found a legitimate scoring threat for years to come.

Kincaid - The try-out goalie, he was very solid in the drills that I saw.

McIlrath - Big and lanky even at 200+ pounds is a good sign. He seems very raw and seems like his strength still needs to catch up to his size which is a great thing considering how well he performed at the combine.

Players I wasn't crazy about:

Grachev - Needs to use his size more to his advantage.

Kreider - Size, strength and speed are all top-notch. He just didn't seem to think the game at a high enough pace. At least not yet.

Stepan - Vision and puck-skills are there already. I would've liked to see him stronger and more decisive with the puck.

Kundratek - Still seems to cough up the puck too much in the defensive end.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'll keep a close eye on Kinkaid this year if anyone remains interested after camp closes.

I liked Kundratek's mobility, but I imagine in a 5 on 5 real game he feels less comfortable moving around like that.

Pashnin seems like a Rudy type guy that pisses everyone else off because of how hard he was trying and how seriously he was taking it.

Didn't see enough of Maggio

Thomas is quick, needs to work on his finish for a guy who scored 40 in the OHL at age 17, it wasnt that spectacular. I apologize for comparing him to Bourque earlier, he is much steadier.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:57 PM
TrojanRanger

Pashnin looked pretty beastly. He could be one hell of a steal if he ever comes over.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:59 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Pashnin looked pretty beastly. He could be one hell of a steal if he ever comes over.
He said he wants to come over, at least for camp next offseason if everything goes right. I would love to see him on the Rangers blue-line in 2011-2012.

Old
07-15-2010, 05:00 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Carl Hagelin

Talked to my brother not so long ago about Carl Hagelin. He was quite excited about him and said he was for sure a bonafide NHL prospect with a lot of upside. Hard worker with great ethic, good first step, good vision and skillset. Like most Swedes - he will blossom late he thinks, both size and skillset-wize. Needs a better finishing touch - ie somewhat of a weak shot. He could develop to a good 3rd possibly even 2nd liner. A real dark horse in the prospect pool in other words. Not bad if true - eh??? He is in touch with him every now and then.
Why my brother knows him is because he used to coach him in Sweden (he is now General Manager of Södertälje SK in the SEL). He should know - some of the other players he has coached through the years include Anze Kopitar and MPS (who he says is destined for stardom if he can only work on his finishing capabilities - Edmonton got him as a total steal at nr 10 he says). He also thinks Dallas has a good player in Tom Wandell, that Linus Omark may have difficulties to NHL play and that Anton Lander is going to be good.
Oh yeah - he said the steal of the 2010 draft was Calle Järnkrok drafted at #51 by guess who? Håkan Andersson - his old teammate in youth hockey (in IFK Tumba), our mutual friend & fishing buddy and of course the legendary Detroit Red Wings scout. They always seem to find the gems in the later rounds - let´s see if they are right here. He is not favourable to the NYR Thomas pick at all and cannot believe Järnkrok slid past #50. Said the Rangers pick at #10 is perceived as a joke - but he himself was not so sure. He also said that in the hockey world - Dark Slather is viewed as a recklessly free-spending, senile guy living off old glory in an ill run organisation that needs a total makeover. News to anyone? Thought not...
Just my thoughts and recollections from a beautiful evening in the Icelandic outback... Hope you are all well in Rangerland - wherever that may be... www.hotelranga.is = my place

Old
07-15-2010, 05:58 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Yeah. The trade im looking at was the initial trade that sent backman to the rangers that year. hockeydb claims that the pick that went to the Blues for Backman turned out to be Dale Weise. Either something transpired to get that pick to Nashville, and then back to the rangers, or they got it wrong.
6/20/08-the blues acquired chris mason from the preds for a 2008 4th round pick. so i assume that was the rangers pick.

hockeydb.com doesn't have that trade but tsn and espn.com both have it.

Closed Thread