HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospects Thread (NCAA, Juniors, International, ECHL, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
FOXHOUND*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Where is Stepan's brother going to go in next years draft as of right now? 3rd round? Hoping the Rangers can grab him with their second 2nd rounder.
Any info on him? What kind of player? Position?

Old
07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

If he's another Shattuck product, sign me up for Stepan's kid brother with Washington's 2nd rounder.

Old
07-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Where is Stepan's brother going to go in next years draft as of right now? 3rd round? Hoping the Rangers can grab him with their second 2nd rounder.
Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I thought I remembered reading some where that Zach is better than Derek at the same age.

I know that doesn't really answer your question but if thats true, you have to think he'd be taken in the last 1st/early 2nd, provided that he continues to improve and doesn't stall out.

Old
07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I thought I remembered reading some where that Zach is better than Derek at the same age.

I know that doesn't really answer your question but if thats true, you have to think he'd be taken in the last 1st/early 2nd, provided that he continues to improve and doesn't stall out.
Yeah, its possible but he will have only played at Shattucks(like Stepan) instead of juniors or college hockey already. Physically I think he has the same problems as Stepan did at his age. I thought I read Mid-late 2nd rounder.

He is a very good, skilled forward. Like his brother, for those who want to know.

For the life of me I can't remember if he is his brother or cousin.

Old
07-18-2010, 05:22 PM
FOXHOUND*

Just doing some research, it says that he's Derek's cousin and that his draft year is 2012

Old
07-18-2010, 07:12 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post

I don't give much about such reports ever since Jared was supposedly the best Staal brother

Old
07-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I don't give much about such reports ever since Jared was supposedly the best Staal brother
actually that article was about Jordan...the author didnt realize there was a 4th brother.

Old
07-19-2010, 10:55 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
actually that article was about Jordan...the author didnt realize there was a 4th brother.
No, when Jordan got drafter there were rumors of Jared being the most talented of all the Staals.

Old
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
No, when Jordan got drafter there were rumors of Jared being the most talented of all the Staals.
The names were wrong. The quote was always about Jordan but whoever originally reported on it wrote Jared by accident. It's gone on ever since.

Old
07-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
the article was from THN when eric got drafted and it said that jordan might be the most talented...someone on the interwebz said that it said jared was the most talented and everyone keeps repeating it. and no one has ever found or produced the article saying that jared was the most talented

Old
07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
the article was from THN when eric got drafted and it said that jordan might be the most talented...someone on the interwebz said that it said jared was the most talented and everyone keeps repeating it. and no one has ever found or produced the article saying that jared was the most talented
I'll trust you guys b/c you all follow prospects much more closely than I do.

Old
07-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Pizza

Interesting article regarding McIlrath.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=531511

I Really liked these two quotes from his coach:

"He didn't play midget hockey at 15. The next year he's playing in the Western Hockey League," said Hunchak. That's the equivalent of a football player jumping to Division I without playing in high school. "To make that step and come the distance he's come, I really can't tell you what the ceiling is for him."

and

"The improvement on him is one of the biggest improvements I've seen in a single player ever."

This kid is as raw as it gets, but has come very far extremely fast. It's becoming more obvious why teams were lining up behind the Rangers to take him.

Old
07-21-2010, 02:12 AM
ColonialsHockey10

I am incredibly excited to see how McIlrath does this season. People not expecting impressive offensive numbers should be prepared for a surprise. Look at a player like Taylor Doherty on Kingston last year.

Old
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
FOXHOUND*

McIlrath is on Scott Ferralls show right now on Sirius, anybody listening?
I would but i only have it in my car

Old
07-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Pizza

What the hell ever happened to Scott Ferrall. I used to listen to him all the time back in the day. '95 or '96 or some where in there.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
What the hell ever happened to Scott Ferrall. I used to listen to him all the time back in the day. '95 or '96 or some where in there.
Howard 101 on Sirius XM from 8-12 i believe, he's fantastic but I never get to hear him because I only have it in my car

Old
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
DarthSather99

Just to peek at the 2011 draft, we should have a high pick. My #1 is Victor Rask but reading more about Seth Ambroz has got me excited for a Power Forward like him. Read the below article of when he was 14 years old.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/15740902.html

Just a name among many that I'm sure you'll be hearing over the next year.

Old
07-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Salvage21

I had a pretty interesting night. I played pick-up roller hockey with Rangers' prospect camp goalie Brian Robbins. A good friend of mine said we've played with him in the past, but I don't quite remember. Anyway, he's a nice guy. He said that he was invited to the Rangers camp and then the next week also attended the Islanders camp(he was wearing an isles hat- even though he's a Penguins fan). And he'll be playing in Traverse city in August. Part of me really wanted to just pick his brain and ask every question imaginable about the Rangers top prospects, but the other part of me wanted to ignore all of that and beat him on the floor(he played forward).. Long story short, I'm not very good. haha

Anyway here's a couple of noteworthy things he said:
-He had two stickers on the back of his helmet: One of the Sopranos and another of Bruce Springstein. Apparently Graves went 'NUTS' when he saw them as he is a big fan of both. If you remember to his number retirement he got a signed guitar from springstein and something else with the actors from the Sopranos.
-He didn't say much about Stepan but I could tell in his voice that he had a lot of respect for him. He was the first player he mentioned and was the most enthusiastic about playing with him.
-The first night of camp he stayed with Grachev. They have the same agent. He said he was a nice guy.
-Said that one of the guys from the OHL was an a-hole.. or at least very full of himself. I asked him if it was Thomas(first name to pop into my head). He said no and then went on to say how Thomas was very very small but had EXCELLENT hands. The only other players I could think of are Werek and McIlrath, but I didn't pry. He then admitted that "He's a really good player."
-Said that The Rangers treated him much much better than the Islanders
-He talked to Glen one-on-one. And while he doesn't have a contract, they consider him on of their prospects.

That's about it, really.. I know there's not a lot of content there.. but I wanted to share it because I thought it was pretty neat.

Old
07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
-Said that one of the guys from the OHL was an a-hole.. or at least very full of himself. I asked him if it was Thomas(first name to pop into my head). He said no and then went on to say how Thomas was very very small but had EXCELLENT hands. The only other players I could think of are Werek and McIlrath, but I didn't pry. He then admitted that "He's a really good player."
Just guessing, because he is also a Goalie... Scott Stajcer

Old
07-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Hockey2000nyr

Quote:

its not McIlrath because he plays in the WHL, and i forget what league Werek is in, i believe he's in the OHL....

Old
07-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Salvage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
its not McIlrath because he plays in the WHL, and i forget what league Werek is in, i believe he's in the OHL....
haha Oh yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I know Werek plays for the Frontenacs, Thomas plays for the Generals, and I think Stajcer(who I also forgot) plays with the Petes or Owen Sound.

Old
07-22-2010, 12:59 AM
mti79

http://twitter.com/dchesnokov/status/19229892331

I don't know who this guy is, but he seems to be legit... and if so, I'm not happy about this... Was really hoping to see Pashnin in camp next year.

Old
07-22-2010, 01:20 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
http://twitter.com/dchesnokov/status/19229892331

I don't know who this guy is, but he seems to be legit... and if so, I'm not happy about this... Was really hoping to see Pashnin in camp next year.
I think and atleast I hope he means this coming season... not next next season!

Old
07-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Just to peek at the 2011 draft, we should have a high pick. My #1 is Victor Rask but reading more about Seth Ambroz has got me excited for a Power Forward like him. Read the below article of when he was 14 years old.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/15740902.html

Just a name among many that I'm sure you'll be hearing over the next year.
I've been very high on Ambroz since January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Interesting article regarding McIlrath.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=531511

I Really liked these two quotes from his coach:

"He didn't play midget hockey at 15. The next year he's playing in the Western Hockey League," said Hunchak. That's the equivalent of a football player jumping to Division I without playing in high school. "To make that step and come the distance he's come, I really can't tell you what the ceiling is for him."

and

"The improvement on him is one of the biggest improvements I've seen in a single player ever."

This kid is as raw as it gets, but has come very far extremely fast. It's becoming more obvious why teams were lining up behind the Rangers to take him.
This just made my day. I'm getting more and more optimistic about McIlrath, hearing nothing but great things from him.

Old
07-22-2010, 05:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
I had a pretty interesting night. I played pick-up roller hockey with Rangers' prospect camp goalie Brian Robbins. A good friend of mine said we've played with him in the past, but I don't quite remember. Anyway, he's a nice guy. He said that he was invited to the Rangers camp and then the next week also attended the Islanders camp(he was wearing an isles hat- even though he's a Penguins fan). And he'll be playing in Traverse city in August. Part of me really wanted to just pick his brain and ask every question imaginable about the Rangers top prospects, but the other part of me wanted to ignore all of that and beat him on the floor(he played forward).. Long story short, I'm not very good. haha

Anyway here's a couple of noteworthy things he said:
-He had two stickers on the back of his helmet: One of the Sopranos and another of Bruce Springstein. Apparently Graves went 'NUTS' when he saw them as he is a big fan of both. If you remember to his number retirement he got a signed guitar from springstein and something else with the actors from the Sopranos.
-He didn't say much about Stepan but I could tell in his voice that he had a lot of respect for him. He was the first player he mentioned and was the most enthusiastic about playing with him.
-The first night of camp he stayed with Grachev. They have the same agent. He said he was a nice guy.
-Said that The Rangers treated him much much better than the Islanders
-He talked to Glen one-on-one. And while he doesn't have a contract, they consider him on of their prospects.

That's about it, really.. I know there's not a lot of content there.. but I wanted to share it because I thought it was pretty neat.
McIlrath is from the WHL. Werek is a good kid. OHL guys are Stajcer,Maggio and Yogan. Could be the Stajcer. Goalie competition.

Closed Thread