HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Prospects Thread (NCAA, Juniors, International, ECHL, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
A better question is what is to be gained from having a shutdown defenseman in the box for 5 minutes?

I have seen plenty of recruits come out boxing from the NCAA though. Brandon Bollig is good example.
And it's not like the NCAA guys don't scrap at practice or in juniors before.

Old
09-06-2010, 02:52 PM
ColonialsHockey10

There's definitely plenty of **** talking in NCAA games, I'm sure some of these guys are itching to drop the mitts.

Old
09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
A better question is what is to be gained from having a shutdown defenseman in the box for 5 minutes?

I have seen plenty of recruits come out boxing from the NCAA though. Brandon Bollig is good example.
I'm not saying I want him to just go out and goon around, I'm saying if a punk like carcillo runs hank will he fight. god some people think it's a sin for dmen to fight

Old
09-06-2010, 03:54 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
I'm not saying I want him to just go out and goon around, I'm saying if a punk like carcillo runs hank will he fight. god some people think it's a sin for dmen to fight
If he develops into the player we want him to develop into then I hope he doesn't waste his time dealing with Carcillo. Think about it the other way around. Aren't you happy when Avery lures in key players of the other team?

Old
09-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Anyone read the clip about the Flyers prospect pool? "Deep group of goaltenders"? "Deep group of prospects"? What? Had to laugh a bit at that.

Old
09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Anyone read the clip about the Flyers prospect pool? "Deep group of goaltenders"? "Deep group of prospects"? What? Had to laugh a bit at that.
Yeah, deep in dog ****...

Old
09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
I was more shocked at how terrible their prospect pool is. It's honestly the worst I've seen of any team in quite some time.

They also said the Devils prospect pool was deep, and although it isn't bad, I wouldn't call it deep by any stretch of the imagination.

Old
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Where was this?

Old
09-09-2010, 08:02 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Ryan Bourque will be assistant captain with the Remparts this season. He also finished first in the league in preseason scoring. 3 goals, 8 assists in 4 games.

Old
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
TreeSapLlama

Out of curiosity, does anyone have more information as to when the NCAA season starts? Everything I search for is for last year, and I will admit to knowing less then zero about how NCAA Hockey schedules are planned.

Old
09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone have more information as to when the NCAA season starts? Everything I search for is for last year, and I will admit to knowing less then zero about how NCAA Hockey schedules are planned.
The "preseason" games start right around October 2nd. They will start playing league games later in October, to early November, and finish in February.

Schedules are generally 2 team travel. One game friday, one game saturday.

Old
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Ryan Bourque will be assistant captain with the Remparts this season. He also finished first in the league in preseason scoring. 3 goals, 8 assists in 4 games.
please, its alternate not assistant;

Old
09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
Its really the same thing..

Old
09-09-2010, 02:41 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Random question here from playing NHL 11:

In NHL 11 you can play preseason, and the CHL is integrated into the Be A GM Mode. As I was trying to put together a team of prospects to play a preseason game, I noticed only players with a contract already could be put onto the roster. So my question is this:

Does a CHL prospect have to have an NHL contract to play in preseason games? Or those first 9 games of the regular season? Or did EA just screw that up?

Thanks in advance!

Old
09-09-2010, 02:42 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Excellent news. I know it's wrong to base judgement over limited viewing, and I probably sound like a broken record, but I just can't look at Bourque as a top prospect after the WJC. Everything about him screamed AHL star, he plays so small and showcased zero offensive ability. Compared to Palmieri (who was awful as well) and Schroeder, he looked a notch behind in every facet, except maybe defensive play, but that isn't why we drafted Ryan. When I see a player that short they need to play a slicker offensive game. That is why I am so excited about Christian Thomas and was thrilled when they picked him, he is all speed and scoring.

It is definitely possible that I witnessed a poor performance, because he seems to dominate preseasons and camps, and I am 100% prepared for Bourque to prove me wrong this year so I can eat some crow.

Old
09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Colonials you also have to look at his WJC performance in the context of the role he was asked to play.... While he's not one of my favorite prospects, he was not utilized in the WJC in any type of scoring role.... I'm sure the coaches asked him to play intelligent and defensive-minded hockey and that's where his priorities were in the tournament... It will be interesting to see how he performs in the AHL when he reaches that stage... Because right now isn't the QMJHL known for being a notoriously open and high scoring league within the CHL?

Old
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
I may be french but I've heard assistant several times. Anyway, you understood.

Old
09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Colonials you also have to look at his WJC performance in the context of the role he was asked to play.... While he's not one of my favorite prospects, he was not utilized in the WJC in any type of scoring role.... I'm sure the coaches asked him to play intelligent and defensive-minded hockey and that's where his priorities were in the tournament... It will be interesting to see how he performs in the AHL when he reaches that stage... Because right now isn't the QMJHL known for being a notoriously open and high scoring league within the CHL?
He started out in a scoring role. Any line with Jordan Schroeder in that tournament is expected to bring offense. I don't recall where he was playing at the end of the tournament, but I'm pretty sure it was Bourque- Schroeder- Zucker.

Old
09-09-2010, 07:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
He started out in a scoring role. Any line with Jordan Schroeder in that tournament is expected to bring offense. I don't recall where he was playing at the end of the tournament, but I'm pretty sure it was Bourque- Schroeder- Zucker.
I didn't watch every game but I remembered seeing post tournament interviews with Borque and him commenting on being asked to play a specific role on that team and acclimating to that... I didn't recall him being on either of the top 2 lines...

Old
09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I didn't watch every game but I remembered seeing post tournament interviews with Borque and him commenting on being asked to play a specific role on that team and acclimating to that... I didn't recall him being on either of the top 2 lines...
Agree to disagree I guess, I can't really argue with a interview. Hopefully we get a good showing from Bourque this December!

Old
09-09-2010, 10:51 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

What is worrying about Bourque are his recurring concussions (2-3 last season). I hope he stays healthy this season.

Old
09-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
I don't have high hopes for Borque but I'm glad he's doing well, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Old
09-10-2010, 10:52 AM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
stevezipay

Grachev-Stepan-Bourque appears to be No. 1 line
Quote:
stevezipay

McDonagh-McIlrath paired on D
thought this would be the best place for this

Old
09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
Random question here from playing NHL 11:

In NHL 11 you can play preseason, and the CHL is integrated into the Be A GM Mode. As I was trying to put together a team of prospects to play a preseason game, I noticed only players with a contract already could be put onto the roster. So my question is this:

Does a CHL prospect have to have an NHL contract to play in preseason games? Or those first 9 games of the regular season? Or did EA just screw that up?

Thanks in advance!
EA screwed that one up. A player doesn't need a contract to play in a pre-season game. Just like how that whole one-way two-way demotion misconception will continue thanks to EA.

Old
09-10-2010, 11:38 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
thought this would be the best place for this
I hope that Grachev & Stepan combine for a lot of points in this tourny and that it's a sign of good things to come in Hartford... No chance those two don't play together for the Wolfpack...

Also that McDonagh/McIlrath pairing was inevitable... Would not want to be going up against either of those guys.....

Closed Thread