HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Wins Game 6 4-2 [Wins series 4-2]

Old
04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Anjae11Eden

vCash: 500
Vancouver Wins Game 6 4-2 [Wins series 4-2]

To be able to beat the Kings ...Wow what a feat!

Anjae11Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
jfont

Awards:
Congrats on a great series...

Good luck the rest of the way...

04-25-2010, 11:18 PM
hlrsr

Ahhhh. Sweet, sweet victory.

We were a bit sloppy, but I thought we did decent to only be down 1-0 after the first. You knew the Kings were going to come out flying facing elimination on home ice, and Frolov's goal was a bit of a weird one anyway.

Luongo was awesome. For the people I've been arguing with about Luongo's play.. THAT'S the guy I'm talking about. It's not just the miraculous save on Smyth. He was confident and positionally sound all night long. That's the captain and franchise player we signed for 12 years.

And the Sedins.. CBC was showing that it that they ended up being in on the GWG in all 4 of our wins, with one of them scoring 3 times. Unbelievable. It's like a punch to Pauser's face every time they score a big goal.

WOOOOOOOO!

hlrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Durr
give me gum gum

Send a message via MSN to Durr
highlight of this game was definitely the luongo save. how does he make that save while upside down? geez...

Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Daoust
chip?

Daoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Meganuck*

Wellwood was BRUTAL.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riven

The good news out of this series is that Roberto is back. That gives the Canucks a chance of winning any series.

Edler's play was also good news, especially with the injury situation on the back end. Really, really want to see Rome get back. Even if Rome and Alberts alternated games, that would be a big help in that number six spot.

Also great that the Sedins were able to play through a physical, checking line to create offence.

The bad news is on the second and third line. I'm still convinced Kesler is injured. Just not creating much on offence. Also not getting much help from Raymond and Burrows. This line as a whole looked rattled through the series. Constantly throwing the puck away and getting out-fought along the boards.

Even worse, the third line is totally scary. As long as Hansen is involved, I feel that we are okay. But, as soon as Wellwood or Demitra start trying to get 'creative', my toes start curling back. These guys have to stop with the fooling around. Simplify the game. Just shoot the puck.

After watching Wellwood through the season and one playoff series, I really, really, really hope Hodgson can get all healed up and fit for training camp. He doesn't have to be a superstar. Just come in and take over that third line spot. Pot a few goals. Be responsible defensively.

My biggest worry going up against a team like Chicago, is that we are now a one line team. Never mind the stats. I know that Bernier scored and Bieksa score and Burrows got an empty netter. I'm talking about the flow of the play. For this team to continue moving forward, Vigneault needs to be able to ramp up the pressure by throwing three effective lines at the opposition.

Right now, all he can do is throw the Sedin line out every second shift. That only works for a short burst. To take it to the opposition for a prolonged time, he needs more than one line going strong.

Riven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

asdfasdfas

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
Congrats on a great series...

Good luck the rest of the way...
Thanks. I predicted last year the Kings would make the playoffs and were a team on the rise similar to the Hawks trajectory, but with better Cap management.

In a few years, the Kings could be battling for top seed.

ETA: I have a feeling we will be seeing you again in the playoffs in the near future. Hope we have home ice though.

Eukaryote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Luongo and the Sedin's are clutch.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
just22
meat and taters

Samuelsson and D. Sedin 2nd and 3rd in playoff scoring

just22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Papaspud
Bring on...

Not really that amazing of an accomplishment. Vancouver was by far the better team in the series. Brown kept diving and getting the calls...a couple of blown calls in earlier games....Toronto blowing that "kicked in" goal. This series appeared closer than it actually was. It was almost like a warm up series for teams that have been in the play-offs recently, and are more "battle tested". Kings fans are throwing Quick under the bus...but in reality it was just a matter of time. Congrats guys....good luck on the next round.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Slapshot_11

so nice to win this series. I give props to the kings and the kings fans who werent talking ****

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Nazzy-19

I thought Salo had an awesome game defensively tonight

Nazzy-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
canuck4life16

Bring on the hawks!
Would grabner return to the lineup if we face the hawks? and I suggest AV put grabner with raymond and kesler to spark them up.....

And perhaps burrows with demetria and wellwood hasen, rypien Bernier on the fourth line

canuck4life16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19 View Post
I thought Salo had an awesome game defensively tonight
He was solid with his stick defensively. Probably one of the major keys to killing the penalties.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
VanEric

I hope people now aren't going to rewrite history and pretend Los Angeles wasn't a good team. They were TWO POINTS behind Vancouver in the regular season and played in a tougher division. These were not the St. Louis Blues. The Canucks beat a damn good team in the first round and they overcame adversity to do it.

Luongo had one bad game in the series but he bounced back. Quick did not.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
MatsNaslund19

Can someone make a pic with Luongo making that gorgeous save on Ryan Smyth with the Quote "Lu Mad?" that would be absolutely epic

Also post in on the main boards

MatsNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:28 PM
hlrsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
I hope people now aren't going to rewrite history and pretend Los Angeles wasn't a good team. They were TWO POINTS behind Vancouver in the regular season and played in a tougher division. These were not the St. Louis Blues. The Canucks beat a damn good team in the first round and they overcame adversity to do it.

Luongo had one bad game in the series but he bounced back. Quick did not.
If the Canucks don't win the Cup, there almost certainly will be rewriting.

hlrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Eukaryote

Interesting listening to Dave Tomlinson's analysis of the PK turn around. He's crediting Kesler for attacking Johnson and forcing the young D to make passes before they're ready. Then Burr rushing Doughty. He said Kes and Burr took the points away by limiting their time and space and that made LA try to make plays down low where they weren't as comfortable.

Funny it took the coaches so long to figure that out. Posters here were saying after game 1 that that was the adjustment the PK needed to make. Anyhow, as long as it's working now I'll give it a passing grade.

Eukaryote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Elliot20

So who do the Canucks match up better?

Chicago
Phoenix
Detroit

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lard_Lad

If anyone's wondering about the odd first post, this was originally a trolling thread about the 'amazing accomplishment' of defeating the Bettman conspiracy. Content of the first post was changed and our GDT shut down and moved here for some reason.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:32 PM
ZyggZagg

At the beginning of the series, LA was one of the few teams in the west I could stand, but their fans throughout the series made me change my mind. Glad to see Canucks move on, and LA eliminated.

ZyggZagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven View Post
My biggest worry going up against a team like Chicago, is that we are now a one line team. Never mind the stats. I know that Bernier scored and Bieksa score and Burrows got an empty netter. I'm talking about the flow of the play. For this team to continue moving forward, Vigneault needs to be able to ramp up the pressure by throwing three effective lines at the opposition.

Right now, all he can do is throw the Sedin line out every second shift. That only works for a short burst. To take it to the opposition for a prolonged time, he needs more than one line going strong.
I disagree -- I think the bottom lines have been inconsistent through round 1, but we're a long way from a one line team. Can't really fathom how that would even be possible on a team with 6 25-goal scorers. There were stretches of games that the Canucks dominated because one line after the other would come at the Kings in waves. Clearly not the case in Game 6, but certainly earlier in the series. That's one of the reasons the PK was such a huge issue, not just the goals against, but it totally disrupted the flow we got going. Frankly, I think we have the players to ice a decent 4th line and I think AV should be giving them more ice time -- but the 1-line argument just doesn't hold water, line 2 and 3 just need to get rolling and I'm sure they will.

Connecticut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven View Post
The good news out of this series is that Roberto is back. That gives the Canucks a chance of winning any series.

Edler's play was also good news, especially with the injury situation on the back end. Really, really want to see Rome get back. Even if Rome and Alberts alternated games, that would be a big help in that number six spot.

Also great that the Sedins were able to play through a physical, checking line to create offence.

The bad news is on the second and third line. I'm still convinced Kesler is injured. Just not creating much on offence. Also not getting much help from Raymond and Burrows. This line as a whole looked rattled through the series. Constantly throwing the puck away and getting out-fought along the boards.

Even worse, the third line is totally scary. As long as Hansen is involved, I feel that we are okay. But, as soon as Wellwood or Demitra start trying to get 'creative', my toes start curling back. These guys have to stop with the fooling around. Simplify the game. Just shoot the puck.

After watching Wellwood through the season and one playoff series, I really, really, really hope Hodgson can get all healed up and fit for training camp. He doesn't have to be a superstar. Just come in and take over that third line spot. Pot a few goals. Be responsible defensively.

I couldn't disagree more. The Canucks are certainly not a one line team. AV just needs to get the right players going.

Kesler is not injured, he is playing with a Alex Burrows who has no clue what to do on the ice. Burrows might have scored an empty netter but her has been just terrible and they need him to play waaaayyyy better.

AV please put Grabner up with Raymond and Kesler so they can puch the puck up the ice with their speed. Burrows is not skating with the speed needed to compete at this level at the moment.

1st line is as good as any, might be the best in the NHL.

3rd line is fine. They are doing what they can. remember they cannot score 3 goals a game every night. They looked fine to me. Weldwood is what he is, and he does nto hurt the Canucks most nights. Demitra I am sure will contiunue to work hard. Bernier has been just fine.

Throw Alex Burrows on the 4th line and put him in his usual agitating role. He might create some scoring chances but the 2nd goal for LA in game 6 was him not blocking the shot, but just skating by. He is not doing what he can. I hope the empty netter will get him going, but I doubt it.

Anyways 2 keys were Luongo and winning on the road. Not a one line team. They score by committee and what's more, even if the Canucks get goals mostly from the top line, why should they feel bad about it? They know that Raymond Kesler and Burrows should do more for them.

Very happy with the team right now.

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote