HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eberle named WHL player of the year!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2010, 08:49 PM
  #51
RogueJedi
Registered User
 
RogueJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
I think some people here better mute their immediate expectations for these kids. It could be a few years before they start making an impact. I know we are all excited, but hopefully people here dont start calling for heads to roll when these teenagers dont lead us to the promised land right away.
You're totally right - when I made my post, I was assuming that would be a few years out. Even Gagner shouldn't be the first line Centre yet.

I don't think Eberle will start to make a major difference until his 3rd or 4th year, right around the time the new arena opens up

RogueJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 10:59 PM
  #52
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi View Post
You're totally right - when I made my post, I was assuming that would be a few years out. Even Gagner shouldn't be the first line Centre yet.

I don't think Eberle will start to make a major difference until his 3rd or 4th year, right around the time the new arena opens up
Yeah, I think we all know that deep down, but after watching Stamkos being called a bust by a couple people last year after he didnt produce immediatly, and Gagner being called a bust already at 20 years old by a couple people, its inevidable that some people wont be very patient with the kids development.

Then again, all teh kids really have to do is play better than some of the players they will be replacing from this past season, so that shouldnt be too hard.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 12:08 AM
  #53
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes
 
TheBusDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickaction View Post
So who takes the CHL player of the year? Eberle, Seguin or Mike Hoffman?
I gotta say that I dont know much about Hoffman. I think Seguin will win. He earned OHL MVP and he lead his team to the playoffs. He also contributed on 43%(!) of his teams offense in the regular season. The guy had a beast of a season.

TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 04:47 AM
  #54
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
The CHL Player of the Yearaward is given out annually to the player judged to be the most outstanding in the Canadian Hockey League

I personally don't feel Hoffman will be in real contention. That said, my pick Jordan Eberle contributed to 43% of the Pats of the offense in six less games than Seguin. His1.86 points-per-game average marked the highest points-per-game average for any WHL player since the 1998-99 season.He not only made the WJC roster unlike Tyler but was voted as the Most Valuable Player and Top Forward. He was also named to the tournament All-Star Team by the media and named one of Canada's top three players by the coaches. On a side note Eberle also had 14 points in 11 games at a pro level(yes i know Seguin is not eligible for multiple reasons. He was invited to Team Canada's pre-tournament camp as an alternate for the 2010 IIHF World Championships. In comparison Jordan was +8 ES on a-32 team, Tyler on the other hand was +17 on a +44 team. If Tyler was a beast this year then Jordan certainly slayed the dragon!

The international accomplishments may seem irrelevant but they were a good reason for Ebs not eclipsing everybody in the CHL scoring race.

Jordan Eberle will ne named CHL player of the year!

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:00 AM
  #55
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes
 
TheBusDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
The CHL Player of the Yearaward is given out annually to the player judged to be the most outstanding in the Canadian Hockey League

I personally don't feel Hoffman will be in real contention. That said, my pick Jordan Eberle contributed to 43% of the Pats of the offense in six less games than Seguin. His1.86 points-per-game average marked the highest points-per-game average for any WHL player since the 1998-99 season.He not only made the WJC roster unlike Tyler but was voted as the Most Valuable Player and Top Forward. He was also named to the tournament All-Star Team by the media and named one of Canada's top three players by the coaches. On a side note Eberle also had 14 points in 11 games at a pro level(yes i know Seguin is not eligible for multiple reasons. He was invited to Team Canada's pre-tournament camp as an alternate for the 2010 IIHF World Championships. In comparison Jordan was +8 ES on a-32 team, Tyler on the other hand was +17 on a +44 team. If Tyler was a beast this year then Jordan certainly slayed the dragon!

The international accomplishments may seem irrelevant but they were a good reason for Ebs not eclipsing everybody in the CHL scoring race.

Jordan Eberle will ne named CHL player of the year!
Good points.

On a completely unrelated note, I think someone has a man crush on Jordan Eberle.

TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
  #56
deanmoriarty
Registered User
 
deanmoriarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: great GOLD north
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Good points.

On a completely unrelated note, I think someone has a man crush on Jordan Eberle.
there's a few of us, I love this kid. his progress has been outstanding, and he's got a great head on his shoulders.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
  #57
iCanada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Good points.

On a completely unrelated note, I think someone has a man crush on Jordan Eberle.
Wait... who doesn't have a mancrush on Eberle?


iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:06 PM
  #58
RogueJedi
Registered User
 
RogueJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Didn't Hall say he'd like to play with Eberle as well. The interview about that is on the Oilers website.
I wouldn't look too much into that as he's playing the political game, saying all the right things knowing that he's going to either Edmonton or Boston.... I seem to recall a different quote from Hall in which he talked about how much he'd love to play in Boston.

RogueJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
  #59
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi View Post
I wouldn't look too much into that as he's playing the political game, saying all the right things knowing that he's going to either Edmonton or Boston.... I seem to recall a different quote from Hall in which he talked about how much he'd love to play in Boston.
Exactly. Hall will happily sign with whoever drafts him. His preference is a complete non story as far as I'm concerned. His future impact with the team(knock on wood we take him) is the only thing I care about.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.