HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators make cuts on staff

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Predators make cuts on staff

http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=51490051

Old
05-22-2004, 08:21 AM
dulzhok

This certainly sucks for these people.

The sad thing is that these people COMBINED probably make less than our lowest paid player yearly. Paying these people through the summer probably was the equivalent of paying one game for the services of Steve Sullivan.

But these the main motive for this move was probably for PR/bargaining reasons for the labor war...sending out the message that teams are having to cut jobs to survive. Why not just hold out for the summer and actually see if there is a lockout? Because it's a PR/bargaining move, and because these people are probably employees with whom the organization is indifferent about (easily replacable) or in some cases, disgruntled about.

Old
05-23-2004, 12:33 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
This certainly sucks for these people.

The sad thing is that these people COMBINED probably make less than our lowest paid player yearly. Paying these people through the summer probably was the equivalent of paying one game for the services of Steve Sullivan.

But these the main motive for this move was probably for PR/bargaining reasons for the labor war...sending out the message that teams are having to cut jobs to survive. Why not just hold out for the summer and actually see if there is a lockout? Because it's a PR/bargaining move, and because these people are probably employees with whom the organization is indifferent about (easily replacable) or in some cases, disgruntled about.
I don't think it's sad. These people possess skills found in abundance. With these clouds looming ahead, these are jobs that are easy to fill when the clouds part. Several of the firings would have been done anyway but would have been met with little fan fare had there been no impending CBA battle.

Old
05-23-2004, 07:38 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I don't think it's sad. These people possess skills found in abundance.
Ya, we should be happy for those people who now have no job, no source of revenue, and plenty of expenses.

But who cares? They possess "skills found in abundance". I won't feel sorry for those people. Now if it was actually a person who was worth a dam, I might think it's sad

Last edited by dulzhok: 05-23-2004 at 07:53 AM.
Old
05-23-2004, 09:48 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Ya, we should be happy for those people who now have no job, no source of revenue, and plenty of expenses.

But who cares? They possess "skills found in abundance". I won't feel sorry for those people. Now if it was actually a person who was worth a dam, I might think it's sad

Yeah, I guess you can take the whiny approach. Or you can take it for what it's worth. These people were expendable. That's life. You can live in your fantasy world and piss and moan about it, or you can realize that most of these people knew it was coming (if not all) and have acted accordingly. I certainly hope you don't take this attitude if you ever get laid off. I feel bad for them, but I don't think it's sad that these people make so much less than Sullivan.

It sucks for these people, but in business, if you don't possess skills that make you inexpendable, then it's going to happen. Now I can shed a tear every time it happens, or you can realize it's life and these people were grown ups and know how to handle it. Look at it this way, this gives these people a chance to find the right career for them. Obviously they had no future with the Predators organization and little chance to really rise the ranks. This allows them to find what's right for them and look for the right job.

Old
05-24-2004, 07:56 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

What were you saying something about taking something to PMs

Old
05-24-2004, 09:15 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote: