HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The fallout/aftermath/whatever

Old
04-30-2010, 02:54 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

vCash: 500
Dmitry cleaning up the scraps...kissing some ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchesnokov
@cmasisak22 Hey, if you want Semin's quotes, I can send them to you. I also spoke with him right after Game 7 on the phone, if u r interestd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchesnokov
@paulrovnak Great access. Can't complain. Thanks for the work you, Kurt and @nateewell have been doing all these years. 2 minutes ago via web in reply to paulrovnak

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 02:57 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
While we're talking about the media.

Ryan O'Halloran is a tool.
I would've used a stronger word, personally.

ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritter View Post
Nice article.

I wonder if Fedorov has an interest in coaching/consulting; I think there is a lot he can teach this team.
i am with you.

Quote:
And right now we're talking about experience. The experience that was gained, even if it is negative, is not a step backwards. I don't think it is. Experience cannot be bought, it's not something you get out of the blue. You can only gain it through these games. Yes, at the moment, we have a negative situation. The team lost in the first round again. I know that some conclusions will be made, and that next year the team will be stronger.
...and even thou this is nothing new, it still made me feel easier about current fiasco. We should all come down a little... we just have to be a little more patient. With the core players we got, including Semin and Green, we are going to be a formidable threat every year. The current result will hurt, but like i heard somewhere before "in pain you grow".
I think... no, i know, that the worst possible thing you can do in such an emotional situation is over react.

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColincampbellOscopy View Post
I would've used a stronger word, personally.
Fat tool?

Old
04-30-2010, 03:07 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Fat tool?

petty

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 03:08 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
petty
I learned from the master.

Old
04-30-2010, 03:10 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
petty
The hell is that? It has a thumb! Does it use tools?

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 03:20 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Fat tool?
He's bald too.

(no offense to the kind bald folks who post here, but major offense to the ones that don't)

ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritter View Post
Nice article.

I wonder if Fedorov has an interest in coaching/consulting; I think there is a lot he can teach this team.
I think you should post this article in FIRE BRUCE thread, may be it will come some people down a bit.

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Hey guy's heres an outsiders take on things.

When the Islanders and Oilers lost early in the playoffs in their pre-dynasty years they didn't change up the "core" or fire their coaches. Sure a lot has changed since then but, much of it holds true. Sometimes you gotta learn to lose before you learn to win. Theres a fine line between winning and losing in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

95% of the leauges fans bases would love to have your roster heading into the playoffs next year. I know it's tough cause the Caps have a brutal playoff history going back to the last 25 years but, keep the faith.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

you guys should trade for souray

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 04:59 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by init2winit View Post
I don't care how hard it is to stomach. You are getting paid over $5 million. You didn't earn it in your play, so you can earn it by sucking it up and answering for your play. There is no way it is easier for Ovechkin. He is one of the very few players who actually showed up and he is going to take pretty much all of the blame for the team's play. Backstrom is another guy who showed up, but he is getting no blame thrown at him. It probably doesn't help that Green and Semin are close friends of the leaders on this team because I don't think they are getting confronted in the locker room like they should be.
Well let me put it this way...the REAL fans..people like you, me and the thousands of others who go to the games/watch the games/follow the team ..well WE KNOW who is at fault.

We won't be blaming Ovechkin and neither would most rational people. Don't really care much for the Vancouver fan who has watched 2 Caps this game this year.

I don't need to hear it from Green to make it true. I already know. So does he.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 05:22 PM
txpd

reality check. carlson and alzner full time next season and varly healthy all season plus perreault and agordon on the roster, the caps could be better. they could be a lot worse if the top players really have their attitudes beaten down by this lose. if they rebound, the team could be better.

that could be interesting. a team laying down 130+ standings points to a constant chorus of "so what".

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Atlas

BB demanded too much of Green. The kid was asked to create offense and watch his not-so-good D partner's back at the same time.

It was bad coaching.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Slorp Train

Dont shoot me!! Question from a non caps fan

So naturally being from Pittsburgh I am a pens fan but also a fan of hockey in general so I come in peace just looking for your guys opinion on a few things. So anyone that even casually follows hockey knows that the Caps are an offensive dynamo with OV and company. But realisticly you only have one player on the top 2 lines that actaully plays both sides of the ice (Backstrom). I'm sure some of you are going to bring up OV's +/- stat but lets be honest and admit that he is rarely back- checking or spending anytime in the deffensive zone. So my question is do you put the blame on the players or the coaches for that style of play? Does BB instuct the top units to play that way or is it just a charecteristic of the players themselves? Even if they had a different coach would OV and Semin be able to play there offense only style or as fans do you wish they would change or stay the same? Again I'm not trying to stir the pot but in regards to the round 1 loss it was obvious that they had an "I'm going to do this on my own mentality". If you watched the games you could clearly see OV never looking for a teammate to help but always had his eyes on the goaltender which turned into numerous turnovers. Do you think the devastation from that loss will make them look at the way they play there game? What changes do you guys see or want to see made in terms of personel moves and playing style?

Slorp Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 05:52 PM
txpd

you dont know what you are talking about? you are saying Knuble is a one way player. You are saying Laich and either Belanger or Morrison are one way players. Its factually false.

the Ov is a selfish player stuff is old too. Backstrom scored the 30 goals largely on passes from Ovechkin. But as you say you are a Pens fan.

Slightly off topic: anyone notice the #2 favorite in the Derby tomorrow? Sidney's Candy

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 06:26 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slorp Train View Post
So naturally being from Pittsburgh I am a pens fan but also a fan of hockey in general so I come in peace just looking for your guys opinion on a few things. So anyone that even casually follows hockey knows that the Caps are an offensive dynamo with OV and company. But realisticly you only have one player on the top 2 lines that actaully plays both sides of the ice (Backstrom). I'm sure some of you are going to bring up OV's +/- stat but lets be honest and admit that he is rarely back- checking or spending anytime in the deffensive zone. So my question is do you put the blame on the players or the coaches for that style of play? Does BB instuct the top units to play that way or is it just a charecteristic of the players themselves? Even if they had a different coach would OV and Semin be able to play there offense only style or as fans do you wish they would change or stay the same? Again I'm not trying to stir the pot but in regards to the round 1 loss it was obvious that they had an "I'm going to do this on my own mentality". If you watched the games you could clearly see OV never looking for a teammate to help but always had his eyes on the goaltender which turned into numerous turnovers. Do you think the devastation from that loss will make them look at the way they play there game? What changes do you guys see or want to see made in terms of personel moves and playing style?
The only reason you'd think this was even remotely appropriate to ask is because you're from Pittsburgh and your mind has been poisoned.

The Caps system is not the problem. Their secondary players let them down bigtime and their coach enabled it to happen.

EroCaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
EroCaps

Pittsburgh with 2 powerplay goals in the first 15 minutes of Game 1.

Caps' vaunted unit with 1 in 7 games.

EroCaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 06:45 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Pittsburgh with 2 powerplay goals in the first 15 minutes of Game 1.

Caps' vaunted unit with 1 in 7 games.
So much for justification!!!!!

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Burgh32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
So much for justification!!!!!
As much as I root against pit usually, a part of me is pulling for them to beat the tar out of Montreal in a sweep just to rub salt in the wounds. I don't want any feeling of justification or mitigation for the Caps if Montreal gives them a hard time.

Burgh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:08 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh32 View Post
As much as I root against pit usually, a part of me is pulling for them to beat the tar out of Montreal in a sweep just to rub salt in the wounds. I don't want any feeling of justification or mitigation for the Caps if Montreal gives them a hard time.
I dunno man.....if the Pens sweep the Habs, go 10 for 30 on the PP,light up Halak and Crosby scores 6-7 goals....get ready for some serious gloating for the Pens and all NHL fans not to mention every bloody NHL writer in North America.

No thanks....Go Habs.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh32 View Post
I agree. There should be few silver linings to such an ending to the season.

Markov already knocked out of the game on a clean (if a tad late) hit by Cooke. That's why checks should be finished at all times with authority. That's hunger.

Make that three PP goals for the Pens. (3/3)

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:13 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
I agree. There should be few silver linings to such an ending to the season.

Markov already knocked out of the game on a clean (if a tad late) hit by Cooke. That's why checks should be finished at all times with authority. That's hunger.

Make that three PP goals for the Pens. (3/3)
I'm going to be sick. For the record though. Ovie throws that hit and he's out of the game and maybe the series. The league has him running scared while Pitt can do whatever they want.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:36 PM
TransatlanticIce

These double standards are unsurprising, sickening, and awful. Pitt gets away scot free with everything and wins it all because the NHL brass wants their own posterboys for shameless marketing to do their thing, and damn anyone that gets in their way, namely the Capitals. They know we are their archrivals, and took away OV's mojo with their behavior. I hope OV comes back with a vengeance next season with some new faces on and behind the bench.

TransatlanticIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:55 PM
sycamore

Seriously do yourself a favor and DONT watch the Habs/Pens game -- it will make you sick to your stomach how WEAK both these teams are. There's a scene in Fawlty Towers (a British comedy from the 70s) where some German guests are watching the crazy antics of the British staff at the hotel they are staying at, and one of the Germans remarks: "However did they win the war?". That's what going on through my mind as I'm watching this game -- how in the world did these two rag-tag outfits get past us? Ugh.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote