HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers' Top 20 Prospects POLL (#7)

View Poll Results: Who is the Rangers' #7 Prospect?
Ivan Baranka 12 17.14%
Nigel Dawes 10 14.29%
Jarkko Immonen 12 17.14%
Marcus Jonasen 0 0%
Maxim Kondratiev 26 37.14%
Bryce Lampman 0 0%
Garth Murray 3 4.29%
Dominic Moore 1 1.43%
R.J. Umberger 6 8.57%
Other (Specify) 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2004, 09:56 PM
bmoak

vCash: 500
Rangers' Top 20 Prospects POLL (#7)

The Polls for Prospect #6 is open (so is the poll for Prospect #5) and will be open until tomorrow morning, so if you haven't voted please do so. However, enough results are in for me to be confident enough to declare a winner and start this one up

As of now, Rangers prospects are rated as follows:

1) Fedor Tjutin
2) Henrik Lundqvist
3) Josef Balej
4) Hugh Jessiman
5) Thomas Pock
6) PETR PRUCHA

A Russian, a Swede, a Slovak, an American, an Austrian, and a Czech.

Who is the Rangers' #7 Prospect

I've added some new names here, and this will be enough to get us through the top ten. If you have anyone in your top 15 not listed, let me know

Old
05-09-2004, 09:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
David Liffiton

05-09-2004, 10:07 PM
bmoak

Does that mean you want to vote for Liffiton at #7 or that you ant me to add him with the next bunch of prospects?

Old
05-09-2004, 10:11 PM
in the hall

R.J. Umberger

I would go with Baranka if he wasn't on the list (since people already discount RJ)

Old
05-09-2004, 10:17 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
Does that mean you want to vote for Liffiton at #7 or that you ant me to add him with the next bunch of prospects?

Add him please.

Old
05-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Kubera55

I'm still banging the drum for Baranka . . . but I've been doing that for a few picks now.

And I have no clue why anyone's so high on Umberger, who's now been crapped on by two seperate NHL scouting staffs over a paltry few hundred thousand. Even if he counts as a Ranger prospect, I doubt I'd have him in the top ten. His upside is high, but there are question marks all over him. He's not that young (22 next year), has at least a year of AHL work in his future, and due to his prolonged layoff, is probably less 'ready' than the Europeans like Prucha and Immonen; even though he's older than either.

Old
05-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Barnaby

Kondratiev.... again..

He tends to be the forgotten man around here... He should be a very nice 2nd pair defenseman.

After that Immonen...

As for Umberger.... he hasn't played since God knows when. He's about to be passed up by his second straight team. I won't even count against him that he held out with Vancouver, but think about it... Why would Vancouver not even match the contract of a player drafted below him?

Old
05-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Immonen.

Old
05-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Bacchus

Nigel Dawes

Old
05-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Sunshine

Kondratiev is winner #7...
lets move on to #8 (projected to be Immonen & then Baranka at #9)

Old
05-10-2004, 08:52 AM
True Blue

All 3 of Kondratiev, Baranka, & Lifiton should come before Immonen.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Larry Melnyk

Great of Sunshine to be deciding for all of us...Can we just frop this and go with his top 25? Also love the way how people are stating their prospect opinions as facts...Oh well...

Persoanlly, I would also like to see ALEX GIROUX added to the list of candidates, but that's just my bias...

As for the latest, despite what I said above, I do agree with Sunshine and Barnaby....I have a neck and neck between JARKO and Kondraitev...I'm gonna go with.....Kondraitev, with his NHL readiness giving him a slight edge for now...

Old
05-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Persoanlly, I would also like to see ALEX GIROUX added to the list of candidates, but that's just my bias..
Indeed. Give me guys like Giroux, Ortmeyer and G. Murray all over the roster next season, and I'll bet they start winning games based on effort alone.

Quote:
Kondraitev, with his NHL readiness giving him a slight edge for now...
Which is why I voted G. Murray in this round. NHL readiness is even more apparent when they've played NHL games, and looked pretty good in doing so. Of course, we better hope that guys like Kondratiev, Immonen etc eventually show more than Garth, but right now, he's higher up on my list.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Indeed. Give me guys like Giroux, Ortmeyer and G. Murray all over the roster next season, and I'll bet they start winning games based on effort alone.

Which is why I voted G. Murray in this round. NHL readiness is even more apparent when they've played NHL games, and looked pretty good in doing so. Of course, we better hope that guys like Kondratiev, Immonen etc eventually show more than Garth, but right now, he's higher up on my list.
I agree about what guys like Giroux, Ortmeyer and Garth will bring and I hope we see it...

I like what I saw of Murray as an NHLer..Especially when he kept it straight and simple...And, without a doubt, he impressed me 20X more then a guy like Lundmark..Still, I'm not sure if Murray will ever make it more then a 3rd/4th liner because of his speed/offense skills...But I hope I'm wrong...That's kinda why I have him a little lower in the prospect list, even if it is exactly the type of player I like and need...Know what I mean?

Old
05-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Davisian

Quote:
That's kinda why I have him a little lower in the prospect list, even if it is exactly the type of player I like and need...Know what I mean?
I know what you mean but that's why I rate him higher right now.

The others should develop ahead of him (and hopefully by next season) but like my argument for Pock before, Garth has already shown me he belongs (albeit in a 3rd 4th line role) while the others haven't shown me a thing. (obviously because I haven't much if anything of them).

Old
05-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
I know what you mean but that's why I rate him higher right now.

The others should develop ahead of him (and hopefully by next season) but like my argument for Pock before, Garth has already shown me he belongs (albeit in a 3rd 4th line role) while the others haven't shown me a thing. (obviously because I haven't much if anything of them).
I guess it all depends on how much weight you give the "NHL readiness" category..I think it's important but I have it a little lower on my list..And that's from a guy who had Tyutin and Balej at 1 and 2! What's a little hypocracy between friends? ...Nah, I thought that Tyutin and Baley showed they were far beyond "NHL ready" and are already NHL contributors and top 6/top 4 already in NY.......

Still, I see what you are saying about Murray...And that's why Giroux will soon get my vote..

Old
05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
bmoak

Wow, that's a fast 60 votes! I thought that after the first few rounds interest and voting speed would drop off dramatically. (I doubt it there will be this must interest by the time we get around to decided among Stals, Holt, and Petterstrom).

Mods: Please keep this open until late tonight or early tomorrow (BTW, Poll for #5 is still open.)

I'm declaring Mad Max Kondratiev the de facto winner. (I've picked 6 out of 7 so far). If you haven't voted yet, please do so. Otherwise move over to the prospect #8 Poll.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I'll leave this poll open until tomorrow morning.

Closed Thread