HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers @ Lightning Game 2 ..19:30

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2004, 03:15 AM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Only because the zebra didnt do his job Roy has to step up for the team. GREAT job from Roy and this is what he earns his paycheck for. The ref that didnt break it up despite standing freaking right next to it should be fired to CHL or some other pee wee league
Someone seems a little bitter. But it's like Keith Jones said on the Flyers post game show... Roy knew he's have to end up fighting Brashear on the next shift, so rather than take on a real combatant 1 on 1, he chickened out, jumped in as a third man and got himself kicked out... Sort of like Domi did in the Leafs series... I don't blame them either, I wouldn't want to get beat down by Brashear either

Old
05-11-2004, 03:17 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Dont attack Grahame and you wont have a problem hows that for a deal???

Well done from Grahame to send the message i dont care who the heck you are this painted area belongs to ME Well done Grahame
Next time St. Louis comes near the crease maybe Esche will bust his knee... would you still be saying the same thing then?

Old
05-11-2004, 05:45 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Someone seems a little bitter. But it's like Keith Jones said on the Flyers post game show... Roy knew he's have to end up fighting Brashear on the next shift, so rather than take on a real combatant 1 on 1, he chickened out, jumped in as a third man and got himself kicked out... Sort of like Domi did in the Leafs series... I don't blame them either, I wouldn't want to get beat down by Brashear either

LOL LOL LOL LOL Brashear was scared like crap so he didnt dare fighting instead he goes on headhunting on Taylor, Yup thats a classic. Fight instead of being busy headhunting. But that might not be part of Brashears job describtion. If you think Roy is scared of Brashear you need to see who refused to fight and instead went on a headhunting spree.

Until he actually shows he can do it. it is just words my friend just words

Old
05-11-2004, 05:46 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Next time St. Louis comes near the crease maybe Esche will bust his knee... would you still be saying the same thing then?
Call the goalie running and you solve a lot of problem. If you dont call it expect the goalie to slash back. HE SHOULD slash back

Old
05-11-2004, 06:01 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Dont attack Grahame and you wont have a problem hows that for a deal???
I guess you didn't actually watch the game, but here's what happened on that play......your D man (didn't see the #) cross-checked Amonte in the back of the head and Amonte half-fell and brushed Grahame. He didn't see that Amonte was cross-checked and reacted with the Hextall-like chop.

So it's more like, don't cross-check our guys into your own goalie, and we won't brush him, eh?

Old
05-11-2004, 06:08 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
AWESOME game last night! It was great to see Johnny not only get a goal, but was getting/setting up other chances as well. He was once again a factor, and I hope his confidence is back to build upon. I guess he read these boards before the game.

Sami Kaps with one of the sweetest moves in the playoffs on his shorty. The guy just keeps amazing everyone with his play, and does whatever is asked of him.

I would have liked to see the Flyers go back into attack mode offensively with the two 5-on-3s down the stretch, even with the 6-0 lead. They seemed all too happy to just play it safe and kill the time off the clock. A few more goals would have made the Bolts pay for all the cheap crap.

Game 3, it will be imperative to come out the same way and get a quick one early. That will get Khabi off his game and get the rest of TB thinking "Uh oh, here we go again".

Old
05-11-2004, 07:50 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I think that the NHL has gotten so pathetic regarding goalies. If they get brushed at all, it's a penalty, but if they decided to chop at people's knees, it's called "protecting themselves" even though they are the most heavily padded players on the ice.

The other reason they can do this is because they know that they can slash and chop all they want and they will never have to fight someone from the opposing team. Esche got run over quite a few times in the Toronto series, but he didn't complain and whine about it and that's why the Flyers weren't getting the calls. I wouldn't mind making the goalie fair game for a hit when they come out of their net just to teach them some respect and to stop all this chopping and slashing.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
Sami Kaps with one of the sweetest moves in the playoffs on his shorty. The guy just keeps amazing everyone with his play, and does whatever is asked of him.
Sami Kapanen is absolutely irreplaceable. Trading for him was one of the best moves Clarke has made in a long time.

He's a keeper.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:19 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Last night's game was a thing of beauty. The Flyers just needed to sure up the defense and they did just that. Tampa had a hard time trying even to get the puck through the neutral zone. There were a few failed clears but not as many as there was in Game 1. They played solid last night. They used their physical presence to their advantage. They know that TB loves to drop down in front of Nik and that means the guys at the points will be open for the shot like Vlad was. Then if TB starts to come out to play the point, it's going to create more room in front of Nik. Sami played awesome, Recchi played great, Timander had a good game, everyone just had a great game. Refs let another game get out of control. Someone in the NHL offices needs to get these dunces out of there. They ruin a game with the way they ref.

Oh, good job by Chico. Solid as a rock last night. One former Phoenix goalie beat another former Phoenix goalie. Lot of ex-Coyotes out there.

Good job boys, keep it going on Thursday, 3 wins to go.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
LOL LOL LOL LOL Brashear was scared like crap so he didnt dare fighting instead he goes on headhunting on Taylor, Yup thats a classic. Fight instead of being busy headhunting. But that might not be part of Brashears job describtion. If you think Roy is scared of Brashear you need to see who refused to fight and instead went on a headhunting spree.
I really dont think you know what headhunting is. Tucker is a headhunter, Stevens is a headhunter. Name me one player Brashear has injured on purpose this year. Name one hit where there was intent to injure in the last game.

I suggest you keep your mouth shut for you own reputation.

Old
05-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I may need my head examined after saying this, but I hope Tampa gets one more.

I don't like how laid back the Flyers are playing. Whenever this Flyer team dominates they play lackluster the next game.
Not true. They crushed Toronto 7-2 in game 5 and went on to win Game 6. Nevermind. They did blow a two goal lead in series clinching game.

Old
05-11-2004, 11:08 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Esche made one of the biggest plays of the game IMO. when it was 1-0, LeCalvier and St. Louis broke in on a 2-1 with St. Louis getting a great scoring opportunity and Esche stoned him.
it was a big save to preserve the Flyers lead.

Old
05-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
Not true. They crushed Toronto 7-2 in game 5 and went on to win Game 6. Nevermind. They did blow a two goal lead in series clinching game.
Yeah, that's what I was refering to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
Esche made one of the biggest plays of the game IMO. when it was 1-0, LeCalvier and St. Louis broke in on a 2-1 with St. Louis getting a great scoring opportunity and Esche stoned him.
That save was huge. Chico continues to impress.

Old
05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
Awesome SAVE!!!

Old
05-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Teezax

All things considered, i think we've been the better team in this series so far. Game 1 could have easily been ours if we converted our chances in the first half of the game. Suddenly Tampa looks a lot slower than we were proclaimed to be.

Old
05-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
All things considered, i think we've been the better team in this series so far. Game 1 could have easily been ours if we converted our chances in the first half of the game. Suddenly Tampa looks a lot slower than we were proclaimed to be.
Agreed. The first half of game 1 was dominated by the flyers but they didn't capitalize and then Johnson's clearing attempt hits a ref bounces to a Bolt and they convert. Both teams ended with nearly the same amount of shots and chances but the flyers didn't capitalize and lost the momentum as a result. They did not make the same mistake in game 2. They converted on the 1st couple chances and kept the pedal to the metal till the middle of the 3rd. I was suprised how little the Bolts showed last night. They have no phsyical presence whatsoever. They like to skate and not be touched.

Old
05-11-2004, 01:45 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:

If you think Brashear is such a head hunter, can you name any players he has injured with a dirty hit? I'm not saying he hasnt ever in his career (so keep out of this Vancouver and Montreal fans), but just that you, as an example of a knowlegable Tampa fan, have no idea what you are talking about.

Old
05-11-2004, 02:42 PM
capn89*

Quote:

He's beat the crap out of your tough guy Roy about 8 times in his career. Tampa had their ***** handed to them, Brash had nothing to prove. And he didn't head hunt, Taylor took a run at him high, Brashear was defending himself.

Quote:
Call the goalie running and you solve a lot of problem. If you dont call it expect the goalie to slash back. HE SHOULD slash back
Amonte never would have touched your pink skirted princess if he wasn't pushed by Tampa's D-man... in my opinion, when you're pushed into the goalie that's when you take liberties and blast them right in the spine with a nasty elbow. Seriously, blame Amonte for being pushed Someone can't handle a loss

Old
05-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Stevens is a headhunter.
i don't know about that. he's one of the most respected leaders in the game and i don't think he earned that status by head hunting. he delivers good hard clean checks...nothing wrong with that.

Old
05-11-2004, 04:55 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_tml89
i don't know about that. he's one of the most respected leaders in the game and i don't think he earned that status by head hunting. he delivers good hard clean checks...nothing wrong with that.
stevens never missed a chance to put his shoulder right into someones head, the hit may be clean, but the contact to the head was always dangerous. i would admit that there is some poetic justice that stevens career may be over due to a concussion, when he's caused a good few of them in his lifetime. but to be fair to stevens, who wouldn't have wanted him on their team?

Old
05-11-2004, 05:00 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
stevens never missed a chance to put his shoulder right into someones head, the hit may be clean, but the contact to the head was always dangerous. i would admit that there is some poetic justice that stevens career may be over due to a concussion, when he's caused a good few of them in his lifetime. but to be fair to stevens, who wouldn't have wanted him on their team?
great comment, that's just about how I feel about him.

Old
05-11-2004, 05:14 PM
FearTheFlyers

Roy is a dirty puke, he won't fight anyone, he's scared so he has to pull this 3rd man in crap.

I gained a lot of respect for Donald, he kept the intensity up all game.

Old
05-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
He's beat the crap out of your tough guy Roy about 8 times in his career. Tampa had their ***** handed to them, Brash had nothing to prove. And he didn't head hunt, Taylor took a run at him high, Brashear was defending himself.

Amonte never would have touched your pink skirted princess if he wasn't pushed by Tampa's D-man... in my opinion, when you're pushed into the goalie that's when you take liberties and blast them right in the spine with a nasty elbow. Seriously, blame Amonte for being pushed Someone can't handle a loss

I heard some moron calling the local radio station here too today saying the same thing LOL LOL LOL LOL. It is a proven thing Brashear runned away from Dinger and goes on a headhunting attack on Taylor it is PROVEN.

And i love the comment i heard as well this afternoon. Where is the *****ing about the BAD ICE. we havnt heard anything of it today so guess it isnt so bad than eh

Old
05-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:

Pushed or not have no relevance according to a memo out of Toronto earlier in this playoff year learn what is being sent out to the refs and you might understand what goes on

Old
05-11-2004, 06:18 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
And i love the comment i heard as well this afternoon. Where is the *****ing about the BAD ICE. we havnt heard anything of it today so guess it isnt so bad than eh
The ice will be bad, not always. But the arena IS in Florida...

Closed Thread