Notices

This would be fly as hell

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2010, 04:06 PM
AintLifeGrand

vCash: 500
This would be fly as hell

I want the Thrashers to assemble a sick marching band to play drumline beats and what not during games and warm ups. I like the idea of having an organist and having popular songs played over the PA during stoppages of play, but I think it would be rad as hell to pick some musicians from Clark,Morehouse, even Atl highschools like Mcnair, Redan etc to compose like a blueland marching band or something and play **** like this to get the fans and players pumped:

It would create a unique game atmoshphere and could make the Bulb a potentially harder place to play in.

Last edited by Shameus: 05-04-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old
04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

I propose a giant inflatable lobster with candy inside.

For some reason I do like your idea though, would be unique among the NHL and could be a lot of fun. I can tell you right now most hockey fans that regularly attend Thrashers games would hate it.

Old
04-29-2010, 04:16 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
I propose a giant inflatable lobster with candy inside.

For some reason I do like your idea though, would be unique among the NHL and could be a lot of fun. I can tell you right now most hockey fans that regularly attend Thrashers games would hate it.
I dunno man, if they only played like 3 or 4 times a period I don't think it would be that bad. Plus it would kind of create a college/HS football game atmosphere that I think would resonate better in Atlanta than other NHL markets.

Old
04-29-2010, 04:28 PM
superjonathan

i think this would be amazing. too much during the game would get obnoxious but i love the idea in general.

Old
04-29-2010, 05:00 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

one of the local Atlanta universities did do a routine during an intermission. I can't remember if it was during the All Star weekend or some other time, but it was great. They could stick a small percussion unit somewhere along the lower bowl for a part of the game.

It's a great idea. Make the atmosphere more like an SEC football game and you might draw more fans.

Old
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Jerdn

im the section leader of our school's drumline hahaha. i play snare. as far as this goes, if used sparingly itd be cool.

Old
04-29-2010, 06:48 PM
netminder17

This is actually a really cool idea. As long as its not overdone. It would give the Bulb a very unique feeling, and I agree probably will resonate in Atlanta where college sports are the biggest game in town.

Old
04-29-2010, 07:04 PM
TasteofFlames

For once, I actually agree with you ALG. This would be straight up bad ass and it would give Thrashers games something unique in terms of presentation.

Old
04-29-2010, 08:08 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Actually, I'm more of a dubstep guy, but I like it.

Old
04-30-2010, 11:28 AM
fatschoonerrat

God knows we have the extra seats.

Old
04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
Actually, I'm more of a dubstep guy, but I like it.
hahaha! Roll some Skream out there!

At least you didn't say Clownstep

Old
04-30-2010, 02:14 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

what is this college football?? That would be extremely annoying when trying to sit and watch and concentrate ona huge game while bands are drumming in your ear. The fans in the building are way to silent. I heard 1 successful lets go thrashers chant all season. Just pray the fans are into it next season.

yeah... why not just have a concert stage on the upper level in place of all the empty seats and let rappers and bands perform. hell people would come to the games to see the musicians.

Old
04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
hahaha! Roll some Skream out there!

At least you didn't say Clownstep
Having a Skream rolling bassline during stoppages would be sick.

Clap Your Hands is pretty much a "stadium song".

i would totally be okay with silly sounding clownstep after away team goals to make them seem idiotic when celebrating

Old
04-30-2010, 02:28 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
what is this college football?? That would be extremely annoying when trying to sit and watch and concentrate ona huge game while bands are drumming in your ear. The fans in the building are way to silent. I heard 1 successful lets go thrashers chant all season. Just pray the fans are into it next season.

yeah... why not just have a concert stage on the upper level in place of all the empty seats and let rappers and bands perform. hell people would come to the games to see the musicians.
You might have to spend a few weeks in Atlanta during the months of September, October, or November to grasp exactly what Atlanta is. It's no Philadelphia.

Atlantans are, for the most part, "college football" people. The average atmosphere at a hockey game does not match that of a college football game. Therefore, the idea is to mesh the two: A college football atmosphere at a hockey game.

I've heard far worse ideas, but for the most part, I'm indifferent.

Old
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:

Why not? It's an original thing, and teams have organs or performers between periods anyway. As long as it isn't overdone, it could be good.

Unless you would rather have this playing during intermission:

AND NO ONE DOES, WOULD YOU?

Old
04-30-2010, 02:45 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

The college football scene is just not hockey. having school bands would ruin the atmosphere and I don't care if your in ATL, Philly, Carolina, Florida etc...

I'd get sick and tired of hearing a band after every play stoppage expecially knowing it will be 1000000x louder than the 12k in attendance. You do know college football stadiums hold like 100k? I just doesn't go with hockey imo. and That would take away hockey chants.

I don't care if Atlanta is college football crazy. Going to a hockey game and hearing school bands is a turn off to hockey, to the nhl. Bettman wouldn't even allow it.

Old
04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
I don't care if Atlanta is college football crazy. Going to a hockey game and hearing school bands is a turn off to hockey...
Maybe you didn't bother to watch any of the Frozen Four tournament this year, or ever for that matter, but there are pep bands playing at college hockey games.

Perhaps you don't like the collegiate atmosphere that a band might bring to the arena, but it certainly isn't unheard of in hockey.

Old
04-30-2010, 03:16 PM
KevFist
is best pony

One thing I love about going to UAH Chargers games is the pep band....Lots of fun!

Old
04-30-2010, 03:26 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerd_trandle View Post
Maybe you didn't bother to watch any of the Frozen Four tournament this year, or ever for that matter, but there are pep bands playing at college hockey games.

Perhaps you don't like the collegiate atmosphere that a band might bring to the arena, but it certainly isn't unheard of in hockey.
you think I'm an idiot?? It happens in all college sports. Key word- College.

This is the professional level. We don't have time to play games with bands. Take it serious and winning is all that matters to me and a ton of other people that care about the NHL and their favorite teams.

NHL would never allow this anyway.

College sports are a joke anyway. I'm surprised the NCAA doesn't just allow every football team to play in a bowl game. Seriously theres like 10 more bowls like 40 total. It's a joke. People who take bowls serious other than the national championship are jokes whom I could never take serious.

Old
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
AintLifeGrand

jeez y'all all im referring to is a drumline/pep band composed of musicians from SW dekalb and ATL High schools that would play like 2 times a period between faceoffs or during stoppages of play. They can play at warmups too, I don't really care, the idea is to create a unique Philips Atmosphere and raise the intensity to a SEC D1 level and to broaden the Thrashers demographic appeal.

Old
04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
you think I'm an idiot?? It happens in all college sports. Key word- College.

This is the professional level. We don't have time to play games with bands. Take it serious and winning is all that matters to me and a ton of other people that care about the NHL and their favorite teams.

NHL would never allow this anyway.

College sports are a joke anyway. I'm surprised the NCAA doesn't just allow every football team to play in a bowl game. Seriously theres like 10 more bowls like 40 total. It's a joke. People who take bowls serious other than the national championship are jokes whom I could never take serious.
Alright alright fine.

Serious NHL is serious business.

Old
04-30-2010, 04:00 PM
KevFist
is best pony

There am no rooms for fun in NHLs. NHLs am serious bidnezz, d00dz. We no am allowing funs at NHLs games.

Hey d00dz. here am Miley Cyruses to make sing at Alls Star Game.

Old
04-30-2010, 04:22 PM
AintLifeGrand

Old
04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Aaaaaaaaaaand..........

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old