HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Flames should take the Cup

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Hellsempire

vCash: 500
I still think the Sharks will win that series as Game 1 could have gone either way. I do think Tampa bay will win their series as well. They will bounce back for Game 3. Tampa Bay/San Jose SCF's with San Jose winning the SC.

Old
05-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Siberian

Once again, this is an unbelievable team which shows fantastic hockey.
East seem to have less intensity compared to West and both Tampa and Philadelphia will be doomed against any Western opponent.
4-3, 4-2, 4-1 and 4-0?

Old
05-12-2004, 12:02 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian
Once again, this is an unbelievable team which shows fantastic hockey.
East seem to have less intensity compared to West and both Tampa and Philadelphia will be doomed against any Western opponent.
4-3, 4-2, 4-1 and 4-0?

I don't think Flyers are doomed against Sharks or Calgary. They are talented, physical , have decent goaltending and alot of leadership. They also upgraded their speed . They match or exceed the Flames in every category except for "hot" Kiprusoff.

I don't think Flyers will sweep Flames but they should be able to win series in 6/7 games. (given they beat Tampa)

Old
05-12-2004, 12:11 PM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
Montreal in '93 was pretty surprising though not Cinderella.

I think after what we saw tonight (6-2 smoking) and the 7-2 pounding of the Leafs - the Flyers are the strongest team left. Calgary has tons of heart and a hot goaltender but...
yeah, the likely Cinderella team...but you are correct that team was a surprise but not a cinderella. Those Canadiens had a pretty good squad...and they didn't have to play the powerhouses of the day (Pittsburgh, Boston, Detroit, Chicago or even the Capitals) after those five Montreal was as good or better than the others anyway.

Sorry just one of my pet peeves...that Cup run is what made Roy "the greatest goaltender ever" which i just don't agree with...same thing is true with their other Roy cup in '86.

Anyway, sorry to make issue of it...but i can't not make issue of it...

Old
05-12-2004, 12:18 PM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Unfortunatly I think Tampa is going to win the cup. They've steamrolled everybody they've played so far.
We'll look who they played. Last time I checked the Isles and Habs were not even supposed to get past round one. Philly will beat Tampa for sure. I'll bet on it I'm so sure.

Flyers or flames will win the cup which I'm happy with. Obviously I want the Flames to win but it'll be nice to see the Flyers win one too.

Old
05-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
Dude. Its been ONE game. And its not like the flames beat the sharks 5-0 or anything, they won by one goal. Its still a best of seven series.
Its now been two games, and the Flames dominated game 2. I just can`t help but be amazed by how this team is playing. Not only are they arguably the hardest working team in the league, but they work so well as a team and don`t seem to get down on themselved after allowing tough goals. I`ve watched all the teams left in the playoffs and, from a neutral standpoint, Calgary is the one that has impressed me the most.

Old
05-12-2004, 04:01 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

so... if the flames win, will jarome iginla be recognized as the best player in the game by those that don't already do so? i am personally already sold on him, but if he leads the flames to a stanley cup, that's making a pretty solid case, and i have to think that many who disagree would be forced to reevaluate thier positions.

Old
05-12-2004, 04:48 PM
PecaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne
yeah, the likely Cinderella team...but you are correct that team was a surprise but not a cinderella. Those Canadiens had a pretty good squad...and they didn't have to play the powerhouses of the day (Pittsburgh, Boston, Detroit, Chicago or even the Capitals) after those five Montreal was as good or better than the others anyway.

Sorry just one of my pet peeves...that Cup run is what made Roy "the greatest goaltender ever" which i just don't agree with...same thing is true with their other Roy cup in '86.
Yup, that's always been a bug in my ass. Check out the actual teams they played, and where. Montreal had *home ice* in rounds 2, 3, and 4. They "upset" one team (Quebec), that had a "massive" 2 points more than them, then were the favourite in every round every round after that. The teams they played in rounds 2, 3, and 4 had *86 points* (Buffalo), 87 points (Isles), and 88 points (LA).

Montreal got handed what is likely the easiest road to a Stanley Cup in modern history. I doubt there's been another where the Cup winner never played a team that had 90+ points in rounds 2 to 4.

Is it Montreal's fault? Of course not, you can only play the teams that make it through, but just don't try and convince me how great you are when you ace the easiest test in history.

Closed Thread