HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Uni/Other 40th anniversary news

Old
08-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Injection

vCash: 500
Buffalo has a blacked out third, both the new home and away are there.

Injection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 06:55 PM
mechaphil

Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injection View Post
Buffalo has a blacked out third, both the new home and away are there.
Can we get a screencap please?

mechaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
Can we get a screencap please?
I don't know, there's this one guy on another message board who went to the Community Day and received his copy in the mail last week. Last night he was streaming NHL 11 on stickam, so that's where I saw it.

Link to his thread: http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=54166

Link to his stickam: www.stickam.com/epik07

Injection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 07:14 PM
mechaphil

Good enough for me. Thanks, dude. Off to watch it now!

EDIT: Damn, not streaming right now. But! It was good to see he pointed out only the 3rd jersey was locked.

Old
08-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Jaba the Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Well if they're gonna play like they're wearing miniskirts....
That's a low blow, yeah we are all disappointed in the way last year ended and we wished some great things would have gotten done in the off season aside from new sweaters... At least we won the division and made the playoffs. How can you say such a thing really without at least naming names or calling players out? Sure everyone here has a gripe about softness within the team... BUT at least we made the playoffs which is a lot better than the two prior years of misery. Also if you are gonna go calling the team pansies or miniskirt wearing folks you should at also at least admit that our strongest player during the regular season was the weakest link in the playoffs (which is why i'm still not sold on all the hype he gets because he was the U.S.A. rep at the winter olympics. He was dreadful in the post-season.) I don't know what was worse, him vs the bruins flying way out of the crease after every shot?!!!! or the slow bouncer he let in vs Alfredsson in '06'-'07'.

Point is though, unless you have billions of dollars to buy the team and make the changes try not to ***** about a team that made the playoffs. Be glad we have a team that is considered a contender even if in our buffalo eye's its as hopeless as wide right. They may be the only team we have left if Ralph kicks the bucket soon and we don't make the playoffs in the next 2-3 years with Chan. :/

Jaba the Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 07:58 AM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Yeah, let's give the sissies in the top six a free pass, and fling some **** at the Olympic MVP and Vezina winner we have in net.

You want names? Derek Roy and Tim Connolly: Proving that having "two top 20 centers" isn't good enough since 2007. Jason Pominville. Vanek played better than all of them on a bum leg.

At least we made the playoffs? Great, so now the FO can call it good enough, and not bring in any more help where we need.

And Miller was good in the playoffs. Not Olympic-MVP/Vezina-winning great, but still very good. His numbers were, if I remember correctly, better than Rask and most other playoff goalies.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 10:09 AM
liquid swords
bring the ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Yeah, let's give the sissies in the top six a free pass, and fling some **** at the Olympic MVP and Vezina winner we have in net.

You want names? Derek Roy and Tim Connolly: Proving that having "two top 20 centers" isn't good enough since 2007. Jason Pominville. Vanek played better than all of them on a bum leg.

At least we made the playoffs? Great, so now the FO can call it good enough, and not bring in any more help where we need.

And Miller was good in the playoffs. Not Olympic-MVP/Vezina-winning great, but still very good. His numbers were, if I remember correctly, better than Rask and most other playoff goalies.
pominville IMO didn't have a bad playoff. he missed hecht, however.

i made a post along these lines in the thread about big ticket goalies: miller's numbers in the playoffs were outstanding. he was not the problem. our top 2 centers, who combined for 3 assists in 12 combined games, however...

liquid swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Even though I'll admit Roy and Connolly were too invisible at points in the playoffs, there are starting to get underrated. They were still both creating lots of offense, neither of them could just finish it. Connolly hit a ton of posts and missed a few passes he normally wouldn't miss. I'd say it was more of a cold streak from both of them rather than them just not trying.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Jaba the Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post

I'm not saying the rest of the team was not ass as well, and they deserve a free pass, but too whine about a team that won the division and made the playoffs i think its a bit much.

As far as the FO goes it really doesn't matter what any of us think or feel because we don't run the team and trust me they don't read these or any other forum and really give a hoot. They are going to do what they have been doing as long as the people there have their jobs. To them its about money bottom line ( don't believe the bs post game stuff at the end of last season, as you see that was all just a act with how they responded at the draft etc.)

As far as Miller goes, yes he is "good" but not "great". Without him we would not even had come close to making the playoffs let alone win the division, but in the playoffs along with the rest of the team he was a$$. Numbers don't matter when you don't win. Especially when the goals he does let in make you scream OMG WTF another softie. The team is, as many have said built for the regular season not the playoffs, plain and simple. What can you do to change that, I really don't know anymore and would have to say nothing because the FO ain't gonna change it. SO there's only so much *****in you can do before you just /facepalm and just accept things as they are because you can't do anything about it aside from not buy tickets.

Well enough derailing for today, let's talk some jersey's here!

Last edited by vcv: 08-29-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: do not try to circumvent the profanity filter, let it do its job
Jaba the Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Did anyone else see this on the Sabres.com online store? 3rd jersey?

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Old
08-30-2010, 10:58 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Did anyone else see this on the Sabres.com online store? 3rd jersey?

They have similar ones for other teams:

Ergo, I wouldn't read much into it. Thankfully. Because that is really, really bad.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 09:09 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post

Ergo, I wouldn't read much into it. Thankfully. Because that is really, really bad.
The slug being on them makes me think that has nothing to do with the new 3rd.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
The slug being on them makes me think that has nothing to do with the new 3rd.
oh good... although the similarity to what's been posted is kind of ironic.

Old
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
Jack-ed up!

Road jersey update, per Icethetics:

Quote:
And lastly, to put your minds at ease, the Sabres' new road sweater a white version of the former third jersey looks very sharp. Rest assured, the Buffaslug is surely dead.

Taro Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
and the crowd goes wild

Mit Yarrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

vCash: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluglord View Post
Road jersey update, per Icethetics:

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injection View Post
Hey guys, here's my mock-up:

Could look like a real mess.
That would be perfect for them to wear on the nights they intend to play like pee wee bantams.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Tsujimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
That would be perfect for them to wear on the nights they intend to play like pee wee bantams.
But they're only allowed to wear them 15 times a season. What will they wear the rest of the time?

Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 10:44 PM
jfb392

Also from Icethetics:
Quote:
And before you ask, yes I've also gotten a glimpse of the Sabres' and Ducks' new thirds. Will I post pictures? Unfortunately, I do not have pictures I can post at this time. Not without permission from the teams, league or Reebok. (For now, at least.)

I intend to have updated descriptions of the Rangers, Sabres and Ducks alternate uniforms in the September edition of JerseyWatch 2010. That will go up Saturday.
So, we'll have a better idea tomorrow.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 09:37 AM
mechaphil

Courtesy of Chris at Icethetics,
Quote:
Since the last edition of JerseyWatch 2010, Icethetics has learned that the Sabres will wear a new road sweater — a white version of the new home jersey. It features a navy blue shoulder yoke piped in gold and a lace-up collar. To my knowledge, there is no shoulder patch on either sweater.

We also have new details on the Sabres' new third jersey. It's royal blue and celebrates the history of Buffalo hockey with a vintage white script across the chest inspired by the old Buffalo Bisons club. Beneath the script and set to the right side is the Sabres' 40th anniversary mark — the retro logo with 19 and 70 inside the blue circle.

The striping is somewhat unusual. Both the sleeves and bottom of the sweater feature two sets of yellow double-stripes — for a total of four stripes each around the sleeves an waist, perhaps symbolic of each decade the team has existed. The collar is yellow with vintage white laces.

Not sure at the moment whether the front of the jersey will feature the sweater number. However, the numbers will be vintage white with blue cross-stitching inside, as seen in graphics displayed on the Sabres' website. The nameplate on the back will be gold with royal blue lettering.

Old
09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Courtesy of Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Forum, our new road jersey:

B-E-A-utiful. I want one, Miller or Myers on the back.

Last edited by Burgmania: 09-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Tsujimoto

Ugh. The blue piping kills it for me.

Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 11:20 PM
iouttakill
DasMuse

very nice... glad to see it has blue shoulders like the old school jerseys... the piping is kinda lame but its still a B.A. jersey

iouttakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujimoto View Post
Ugh. The blue piping kills it for me.

It's just piping. Would you rather a slug?

Mit Yarrum is online now   Reply With Quote