HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The NHL trying to knock Montreal out?

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2010, 12:24 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Just wondering again, why is he commissioner? Who elects him and when does his term end?

He's nothing short of a Palpatine

Old
05-01-2010, 12:25 PM
smetana
B2B2B2B HA Champs

Awesome thread!

Old
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant-Gardien View Post
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Hanlon's Razor
This is great!

Old
05-01-2010, 12:32 PM
andy28

In the first round people were saying the zebras were working for Bettman, despite the fact that it would have been easy for the refs to miss a too-many-men-on-the- ice call against Washington at the end of game 5 or could just have easily allowed that Ovechkin goal in game 7.

This Bettman stuff is getting insane. It's getting to the point where if something does not work out for our team (and others....I notice this happens on other boards) it's automatically Bettman's fault. Every damn little thing. A bad penalty call --- that was Bettman. A schedule we don't like ----- had to be Bettman. Cooke putting Markov out ---- hey that was probably Bettman too right.

Old
05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
11alias11

quit whining. the wings had it worse. 1 days rest but travel time across timezones made it worse for them. it's called building availability. The Pavillion in SJ was booked for Friday & Saturday.

Old
05-01-2010, 02:36 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11alias11 View Post
quit whining. the wings had it worse. 1 days rest but travel time across timezones made it worse for them. it's called building availability. The Pavillion in SJ was booked for Friday & Saturday.

so play sunday, monday

it's not out of the question..

The NHL could have done a much better job of scheduling regardless of what the arena availability was..

It's an absolute joke..

As for teams like PIT, u gotta ask urself.. do u want a hockey team or not? if not **** OFF and go have ur grad.

Old
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
11alias11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
so play sunday, monday

it's not out of the question..

The NHL could have done a much better job of scheduling regardless of what the arena availability was..

It's an absolute joke..

As for teams like PIT, u gotta ask urself.. do u want a hockey team or not? if not **** OFF and go have ur grad.
and if they keep delaying everything 3 days they present the Stanley Cup in July with even worse ice quality than you see in June. And how do you know the arena wasn't booked Monday? These are professional athletes playing in the friggin playoffs. If they can't play after a days rest for something they've been chasing their entire lives gtfo of the league.

Old
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/...conspiracy.jpg

If the HP Pavilion isn't available, or any arena for that matter in the playoff, that team should forfeit their home ice. **** Justin Bieber concerts.

Old
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

C'mon cant believe it..isn't this what the playoffs are all about? About the strongest? the toughest? Why should they give teams that just came off a 7 game series the same rest as teams that win in 4 games? Quit whining..Montreal should've won in 4 games if you wanted a vacation in between series..isn't that what the offseason/allstar/olympic breaks are for? Montreal is lucky to be in the second round, very similar luck to the Oilers luck in 2006..Halak=2006 version of Rolosen.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There is no conspiracy.

People have to stop this BS.
I agree, but at the same time Game 1 could have been tomorrow's afternoon game that NBC wants so bad.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
I agree, but at the same time Game 1 could have been tomorrow's afternoon game that NBC wants so bad.
I disagree this even goes higher up than bettman...

Old
05-01-2010, 05:16 PM
JackZap

i dont like the fact that MTL or DET didnt have a few days to prepare for the matchup. U are basically going into that 1st game blind, pretty big disadvantage

edit: sj for detroit

Last edited by JackZap: 05-01-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old
05-01-2010, 05:16 PM
C77

The NHL is a business. Montreal makes lots and lots of $ for the NHL.

I'm sure the league is happy that the Habs have (at least) two more home dates.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
i dont like the fact that MTL or SJ didnt have a few days to prepare for the matchup. U are basically going into that 1st game blind, pretty big disadvantage
They had just as much time to prepare for pitts as pitts had to prepare for them. Likewise for the SJ det series.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:20 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
I can agree with you. Montreal is pretty much playing one straight 11 game series here if I am not mistaken. I think they don't get a break until after the 4th game. That's pretty tough. Even Detroit is getting 2 days off after game 1. But still, the schedule was set, and no one complained about it. So why would they change it. Just a rough break that's all. We have to do our best with what we got.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:21 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
The NHL is a business. Montreal makes lots and lots of $ for the NHL.

I'm sure the league is happy that the Habs have (at least) two more home dates.
and Bettman loves his 0$ NBC deal. So he rushes the game on friday so he can get that precious sunday game on NBC. I still think having 2 days to prepare for your 1st game should be the norm.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
In the first round people were saying the zebras were working for Bettman, despite the fact that it would have been easy for the refs to miss a too-many-men-on-the- ice call against Washington at the end of game 5 or could just have easily allowed that Ovechkin goal in game 7.

This Bettman stuff is getting insane. It's getting to the point where if something does not work out for our team (and others....I notice this happens on other boards) it's automatically Bettman's fault. Every damn little thing. A bad penalty call --- that was Bettman. A schedule we don't like ----- had to be Bettman. Cooke putting Markov out ---- hey that was probably Bettman too right.
This.

It's all a conspiracy. If the Habs get knocked out in the second round, it's all Bettman's fault. All those penalties last night, including Gionta's delay of game, was Bettman working the referees.

Like I said in the GDT last night. Enough with the loser-mentality whining and shut up already.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:22 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
They had just as much time to prepare for pitts as pitts had to prepare for them. Likewise for the SJ det series.
wtf are u talking about?

Old
05-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
wtf are u talking about?
I get what he's trying to say, but I also disagree.

What I he's referring to is that Montreal won the series two days before the next series against Pittsburgh started. So Pittsburgh only had two days to prepare for Montreal since they became the winners of the series that night.

However, what is stopping them from just drawing a game plan for both teams and be ready regardless of who the winner is.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:30 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

What I he's referring to is that Montreal won the series two days before the next series against Pittsburgh started. So Pittsburgh only had two days to prepare for Montreal since they became the winners of the series that night.

However, what is stopping them from just drawing a game plan for both teams and be ready regardless of who the winner is.
For me the disadvantage for us is not just a preparation issue, but playing one continual series. A break after 7 games would be nice. But that's the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe, as one poster suggested, it would be a good idea to allow 2 days off for a team coming off a series, but a change like that is not going to be made overnight. That is something that would have to be proposed to the league and the GMs would have to vote on it, etc etc.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:31 PM
JackZap

Quote:

well Pitts had 6 days to either review Habs or Boston. Im not sure JM was looking at Pitts tape while playing WSH.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Perrah

Quote:

Well considering detroit didnt even win their series before SJ had, I couldnt see them worrying about anything but phoenix. I see what you are saying but the coach would do all that, not sure if he would bother running the players through specifics of a team before they know who that are playing. But come on everyone knows what to do against others its usually the mid series changes that test how well someone adjusts, or the fact that some teams do stuff so well you cant completely stop them regardless.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Sorry but that's a dumb thread. Can we close this before we become the laughingstock of this whole Hf board....

Why the heck would all keep watching a league you believe is fixed? What's the point? Might as well close your TV.

Old
05-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry but that's a dumb thread. Can we close this before we become the laughingstock of this whole Hf board....

Why the heck would all keep watching a league you believe is fixed? What's the point? Might as well close your TV.
I'm with you on this one. This thread has gone beyond the point of ridiculous.

Old
05-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I used to watch Jimmy Superfly and Andre the Giant and those guys when I was a kid. People still watch some stuff that we believe is fixed. Why not the NHL?

I agree with the thread closure proposal. But I'm too passive to actually push the button. We're already laughingstocks, aren't we?

Closed Thread