HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Marek Svatos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2010, 11:08 PM
  #1
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,717
vCash: 500
Marek Svatos

So I was on Twitter and I follow Eklund.... I know he isnt the most reasonable of sources but he does get some right and after all he announces rumors only most of the time. Any way I simply tweeted to him..Any thing on Nashville?????? And he replied saying Marek Svatos maybe. http://twitter.com/Eklund/status/19963845949

I think it would be a great deal if we got him but at the same time were loaded with forwards and I dont see a spot for him unless we traded a couple of forwards. But what would you all think if Svatos did end up coming here?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 11:11 PM
  #2
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,359
vCash: 500
On a two-way deal, sure, but he's better off going to Europe.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 11:18 PM
  #3
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
He would get here and tear something and miss the whole season. Poor guy.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 12:01 AM
  #4
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
"Someone who still takes me seriously wants to know about Nashville. Hm. Well. Nashville needs scoring, right?"
[gets out list of UFA forwards, closes eyes, points, opens eyes]
"Dominic Moore! Yeah! ...wait, no, he was signed today, wasn't he?"
[recloses eyes, repoints]
"Marek Svatos! That sounds about right. He scores points, right?"
[looks Svatos up on IHDB]
"Yep! Points!"
[tweets]

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 12:14 AM
  #5
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
"Someone who still takes me seriously wants to know about Nashville. Hm. Well. Nashville needs scoring, right?"
I think agents take him pretty seriously, considering his record this off-season...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 12:44 AM
  #6
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
"Someone who still takes me seriously wants to know about Nashville. Hm. Well. Nashville needs scoring, right?"
[gets out list of UFA forwards, closes eyes, points, opens eyes]
"Dominic Moore! Yeah! ...wait, no, he was signed today, wasn't he?"
[recloses eyes, repoints]
"Marek Svatos! That sounds about right. He scores points, right?"
[looks Svatos up on IHDB]
"Yep! Points!"
[tweets]

I can't stand that buffoon.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:18 AM
  #7
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post

I can't stand that buffoon.
we shall rename him Retardo Montalban

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 11:53 AM
  #8
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
I know everyone would like to see us add another winger, but where do you fit them? Like it or not, Andersson and Kostitsyn are both one one-way deals, and given the roles they'll play, are virtually locks for Nashville. As is, I'm not sure where the icetime\roster spot for someone like Tootoo is going to come from.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 01:10 PM
  #9
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I think agents take him pretty seriously, considering his record this off-season...
I do know he's done better this offseason, and I really honestly believe he does have legit sources, but frankly the guy's got no filter and no actual investigative ability, so he might as well be using a dartboard, or making it all up as he goes along - he'd get better returns that way. There needs to be a "for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer on his website.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:14 PM
  #10
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 162
ek also had us in on Bill Guerin.. "replacing Arnott" WTF??? did he miss the lombardi signing??

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:23 PM
  #11
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ek also had us in on Bill Guerin.. "replacing Arnott" WTF??? did he miss the lombardi signing??
Replacing Arnott as a veteran leadership presence ..... leadership from Arnott being a major point of debate.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:30 PM
  #12
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Replacing Arnott as a veteran leadership presence ..... leadership from Arnott being a major point of debate.
I guess that must be it.... he sure doesnt know poile if he thinks we'll go pay some old useless guy just for locker room presence...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:50 PM
  #13
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I guess that must be it.... he sure doesnt know poile if he thinks we'll go pay some old useless guy just for locker room presence...
um.........Belak, anyone??

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 03:25 PM
  #14
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
um.........Belak, anyone??
Belak is a cheap roster spot filler who can tolerate living in the player's box for games.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 03:58 PM
  #15
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Belak is a cheap roster spot filler who can tolerate living in the player's box for games.
if he stays there all year, I will be very happy.

it's when he gets put in to "fight" and all the tenuous line combo chemistry is disrupted ...........and I am sitting at the Bridge with my eyes closed...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 07:48 PM
  #16
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
if he stays there all year, I will be very happy.

it's when he gets put in to "fight" and all the tenuous line combo chemistry is disrupted ...........and I am sitting at the Bridge with my eyes closed...
And fans for the opposing team are saying the same thing about their fighter. At least Belak will win the fight and play all positions not named goal.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:20 PM
  #17
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
And fans for the opposing team are saying the same thing about their fighter. At least Belak will win the fight and play all positions not named goal.
BFC...Belak's major #'s were WAY down last season, and if you check his fightcard at hockeyfights.com, he actually lost\drew more than he won.

I don't think there's a place for a WWE-style "heavy" in the game anymore, but that's not germane to the discussion. Belak is a liability defensively and offensively, and there are people that can actually contribute that he'd be taking a roster spot from, should he play. If he gets into more than 20 games this season, it will be a point of frustration.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:30 PM
  #18
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
BFC...Belak's major #'s were WAY down last season, and if you check his fightcard at hockeyfights.com, he actually lost\drew more than he won.

I don't think there's a place for a WWE-style "heavy" in the game anymore, but that's not germane to the discussion. Belak is a liability defensively and offensively, and there are people that can actually contribute that he'd be taking a roster spot from, should he play. If he gets into more than 20 games this season, it will be a point of frustration.
We WILL lose at least one player due to waivers at the end of training camp due to keeping Belak on the roster. It's a guarantee. We have TOO MANY forwards (when did you think you'd ever be saying that about the Nashville Predators?) and too few roster spots available.

Too many teams are hard up against the cap and will find a few of our players as upgrades to their teams at a reasonable cap hit. Say goodbye to O'Reilly, maybe Santorelli, and possibly Sulzer or Laakso. Even Lundmark could be a tempting option if he has a good preseason showing...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:58 PM
  #19
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
The only important word in the title of this thread is "Eklund".

In his latest blog, he said Monteal may trade Price to a California team for a "proven #1 goalie and an un-signed top-6 forward"

Bobby Ryan & Jonas Hiller FOR Carey Price

This guy is a freaking joke. I cant believe I still read his stuff. His rumors make about as much sense as a banana playing golf..... :

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 11:05 PM
  #20
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
The only important word in the title of this thread is "Eklund".

In his latest blog, he said Monteal may trade Price to a California team for a "proven #1 goalie and an un-signed top-6 forward"

Bobby Ryan & Jonas Hiller FOR Carey Price

This guy is a freaking joke. I cant believe I still read his stuff. His rumors make about as much sense as a banana playing golf..... :
That doesn't mean that's the entire deal...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 11:06 PM
  #21
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
The only important word in the title of this thread is "Eklund".

In his latest blog, he said Monteal may trade Price to a California team for a "proven #1 goalie and an un-signed top-6 forward"

Bobby Ryan & Jonas Hiller FOR Carey Price

This guy is a freaking joke. I cant believe I still read his stuff. His rumors make about as much sense as a banana playing golf..... :
Rumors are Rumors. No one ever said it was gonna happen. Thats why its a RUMOR.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:08 AM
  #22
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
um.........Belak, anyone??
I thought of that after I typed... and thats reason number two that we dont sign guerin for "veteran presence"... we have belak. Guerin wouldnt be able to be signed for league minimum and wouldnt be a permascratch..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:12 AM
  #23
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
We WILL lose at least one player due to waivers at the end of training camp due to keeping Belak on the roster. It's a guarantee. We have TOO MANY forwards (when did you think you'd ever be saying that about the Nashville Predators?) and too few roster spots available.

Too many teams are hard up against the cap and will find a few of our players as upgrades to their teams at a reasonable cap hit. Say goodbye to O'Reilly, maybe Santorelli, and possibly Sulzer or Laakso. Even Lundmark could be a tempting option if he has a good preseason showing...
I would hope Poile would work a trade for the unwanted parts rather than losing them to waivers, but honestly if we lose sulzer, thats fine because he was on a one way deal and wasnt gona play, Laakso is fine because he's ready to be passed on the depth chart. Santo has had his chancs and hasnt done much.

Oreilly has no spot but has potential. Keep hoping we can get some return for him or keep him as an extra forward

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.