HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

PK Subban

Old
05-02-2010, 03:59 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

vCash: 500
PK Subban

As I mentioned on another thread, I've been watching a few Montreal games lately and PK Subban is a standout performer for them. He's a solid defenseman and plays PP, PK and now that Markov is out, he is playing more than 20 minutes of ice time (He played 23:17 today). He has 3 points in the playoffs from 4 games and 2 from 2 in the regular season. A right hand shot, 20 years old, this guy is perfect for a Red Wings team looking to the future.

He seems full of confidence, a hard-worker on the ice and makes great plays to setup his team. He lays good hits too.

NHL page

Wikipedia page

He was on the AHL all-star team and led his team (Hamilton Bulldogs) in points in the playoffs (9 points in 6 games) and leading defenseman with 53 points in 77 games.

So, what do you think?

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Fugu

vCash:
I think he's perfect for the Habs too and they'd likely not want to give him up.

Old
05-02-2010, 04:07 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I think he's perfect for the Habs too and they'd likely not want to give him up.

Make them an offer they cannot refuse...

Old
05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

They love small forwards over in Montreal so Hudler might be worth a lot to them and they can finally complete their set of midgets.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Yzerman_for_Prez
Z is still the man!

vCash: 50
Maybe we could offer them the most interesting man in the world?

Yzerman_for_Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Keep in mind the Canadiens are playing a trap system, something the Wings don't. I'm not questioning his skill just thinking he wouldn't do well for us cause of a complete different gamestyle.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
I don't think the cost would be worth it.

He seems like a stud, even if time will tell. Last postseason, Ericsson seemed like a possible top pairing defenseman. Now he's as good than Vladdy after his accident.

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They love small forwards over in Montreal so Hudler might be worth a lot to them and they can finally complete their set of midgets.
Hypnotize Cleary to waive his NTC and send him, Hudler and a few picks here and there to Montreal. Hey maybe throw in Osgood and get Halak! hahahaha, I'm high!!!

Old
05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Jimbo7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
Last postseason, Ericsson seemed like a possible top pairing defenseman. Now he's as good than Vladdy after his accident.
Ericsson's looked alot better since being sat down for that stretch in the regular season. The guy had a tough year, but defenseman like him take time to develop (remember Fischer?)

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:39 PM
slapshots1515

Quote:
I don't think the cost would be worth it.

He seems like a stud, even if time will tell. Last postseason, Ericsson seemed like a possible top pairing defenseman. Now he's as good than Vladdy after his accident.
I know you were trying to turn a phrase, but no one needs to be reminded of that. Not to be oversensitive, just caught me the wrong way.

That being said, Ericsson's still developing.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
I know you were trying to turn a phrase, but no one needs to be reminded of that. Not to be oversensitive, just caught me the wrong way.

That being said, Ericsson's still developing.
Sorry, did not mean to offend.

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 05:13 PM
slapshots1515

Quote:
Sorry, did not mean to offend.
I understand, that's why I didn't go nuts or anything, lol. Vladdy was just my favorite player growing up.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
gamefan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
I understand, that's why I didn't go nuts or anything, lol. Vladdy was just my favorite player growing up.
He threw the best hit on Claude Lemieux. Ever.

gamefan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Marky9er

Brampton destroyed Subban in the OHL eastern final last season, so I don't think its a great idea. Montreal won't consider it anyways.

As a counter proposal, don't you think we could mold Bobby Sanguinetti into a very special player? He could actually be available from NYR. Incredible RH shot.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Anchor Town

he's their top prospect, were not gonna get him unless we severely overpay

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
nik jr

habs won't trade subban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymiller92 View Post
He threw the best hit on Claude Lemieux. Ever.

i loved konstantinov and of course hated lemieux. that series sucked, though.

i still wonder how many more cups DRW would have if not for that accident.

i just found another russian 5 video.

i also found konstantinov's 1st NHL goal:

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
MrSandMan*

Young and talented RFA defensmen. Untouchable unless you are willing to give up the farm, draft picks and probably top end, low paid roster player. i.e Kronwall, Flip, Helm or Gator.

MrSandMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
PDatsyuk13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
As I mentioned on another thread, I've been watching a few Montreal games lately and PK Subban is a standout performer for them. He's a solid defenseman and plays PP, PK and now that Markov is out, he is playing more than 20 minutes of ice time (He played 23:17 today). He has 3 points in the playoffs from 4 games and 2 from 2 in the regular season. A right hand shot, 20 years old, this guy is perfect for a Red Wings team looking to the future.

He seems full of confidence, a hard-worker on the ice and makes great plays to setup his team. He lays good hits too.

So, what do you think?
LMAO.. dude no offense but what makes you think that the habs will trade this guy. He is their future and their next Markov. There is no way we can trade to get Subban unless we give up like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. And if we do that, I will burn the entire city of Detroit. I know i'm exageratting but seriously it's gonna take alot to get this guy and I don't think its worth it. Even if we don't have to trade for him and try to get him in the free agent market, it won't happen. He loves playing for the habs and the habs franchise as well as the fans love P.K Subban. If the habs match the offer of any other team, P.K will always be a habs. However, if he signs with Detroit, ill absolutely go insane.

PDatsyuk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 05:47 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDatsyuk13 View Post
LMAO.. dude no offense but what makes you think that the habs will trade this guy. He is their future and their next Markov. There is no way we can trade to get Subban unless we give up like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. And if we do that, I will burn the entire city of Detroit. I know i'm exageratting but seriously it's gonna take alot to get this guy and I don't think its worth it. Even if we don't have to trade for him and try to get him in the free agent market, it won't happen. He loves playing for the habs and the habs franchise as well as the fans love P.K Subban. If the habs match the offer of any other team, P.K will always be a habs. However, if he signs with Detroit, ill absolutely go insane.
Many of the same exact things were said about Price just a few short seasons ago..

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar Sauce View Post
Many of the same exact things were said about Price just a few short seasons ago..
Exactly, both Subban and Price wont be traded.

They are the main pieces of the Hab's future.

Second time this year Subanator is called up and this kid is completely awesome, will be a GREAT D-man for us. He is currently playing like a 10 years veteran, real good all around player.

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
InGusWeTrust
hockey.tk

vCash: 542
I'm a right hand shot. sign me!

InGusWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDatsyuk13 View Post
Everyone has a price. Yes, it would probably take a lot to get him, but if Boston can trade Thornton or Gretzky can be traded anyone can. i understand the value argument, but Subban is not worth Datsyuk's toe IMO, so that's a massive exaggeration.

Old
05-04-2010, 05:05 PM
PDatsyuk13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Everyone has a price. Yes, it would probably take a lot to get him, but if Boston can trade Thornton or Gretzky can be traded anyone can. i understand the value argument, but Subban is not worth Datsyuk's toe IMO, so that's a massive exaggeration.
Yes, everyone does have a price but I'm afraid for Subban, that price is too high. Do I want Subban? Yes. But realistically, I don't see it happening. And like I said, if somehow we do get Subban, I'll go absolutely insane but only if its a good deal.

PDatsyuk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 05:09 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

PK's ours. And if you want him Gauthier will probably ask
Zetterberg & Filpula for Subban LOL. Thats how much they wont want to trade him IMO. I doubt we trade him, hes a great franchise player

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
habs won't trade subban.

i loved konstantinov and of course hated lemieux. that series sucked, though.

i still wonder how many more cups DRW would have if not for that accident.
Sadly this type of hit in today's NHL would see a full on scrum with 2 fights and the odd slash or three.

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote