Notices

Army wants to stay?

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Georgia Dawg

vCash: 500
Army wants to stay?

I hope this is just not the usual talk. Would be great to keep him?

http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com/

Old
05-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

His wife is from Atlanta so you never know. I just hope we don't overpay him.

Old
05-02-2010, 08:47 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
That! Of coarse it's not like we wouldn't be able to.

Old
05-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
This was my concern as well because he wasn't putting up numbers that a $2.4m winger should.

However, Thrashers need more (not less) players of his type - big physical wingers.

The team is not in any salary cap trouble. So in the big picture I don't think salary, or Colby being overpaid, is that much of an issue assuming he is not asking for a raise on his current salary.

I think the Thrashers need to look at whether there is a better upgrade available on whether they will keep him or not.

Old
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
KevFist
is best pony

The biggest problem with Colby is he tends to lose his head during games. He plays with a high intensity level, and sometimes it gets the best of him. He needs to learn to reign it in every once in a while

Old
05-02-2010, 09:50 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

rid Thorburn and I'll happily take Army back. But please rid Thorblow.

Old
05-02-2010, 11:14 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Why would we get rid of Thorburn? He scored 13 points and was a +6 on the 4th line....He led the team in shorthanded goals.... His cap hit is only $660,000.... Can't ask for much more than that from a 4th liner... Plus, Colby's NOT a 4th liner...

Old
05-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Aaronxxx

if they're trying to take the team in a physical direction, they will want to keep one of the best checkers in the league on the team.

Old
05-03-2010, 12:42 AM
en_fuego

Quote:
His wife is from Atlanta so you never know.
She's not from Atlanta. Pretty sure she's from Pittsburgh, or at least had been living there for a long time. I doubt it matters unless the Pens are an option.

I don't really have an opinion. If we can upgrade, then I don't mind him leaving. If we can't, then I don't mind him staying.

Old
05-03-2010, 12:46 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

physical direction??? LOL

Where have we heard that before.

Old
05-03-2010, 07:26 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
This was my concern as well because he wasn't putting up numbers that a $2.4m winger should.

However, Thrashers need more (not less) players of his type - big physical wingers.

The team is not in any salary cap trouble. So in the big picture I don't think salary, or Colby being overpaid, is that much of an issue assuming he is not asking for a raise on his current salary.

I think the Thrashers need to look at whether there is a better upgrade available on whether they will keep him or not.
I agree with this post...but we really need the Army of 2 years ago. We do need the physical grit and great personality, but if he's going to demand the same 2.4, he has to put up more than 20 pts. Plus, with a larger young core already in place, and more young guys to come (Cormier, Machacek), roster spots are becoming very valuable.

Old
05-03-2010, 09:09 AM
StackThePads

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_fuego View Post
She's not from Atlanta. Pretty sure she's from Pittsburgh, or at least had been living there for a long time. I doubt it matters unless the Pens are an option.

I don't really have an opinion. If we can upgrade, then I don't mind him leaving. If we can't, then I don't mind him staying.
Not that it actually matters, but she's from Wilkes-Barre (near my hometown of Scranton and the site of Pitt's AHL team). Everything I've heard indicates he wants to stay (his wife is about to give birth to their first son).

IMO and as others have said earlier, we need the Army of a few years ago or more production to justify any pay increases.

Old
05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Why would we get rid of Thorburn? He scored 13 points and was a +6 on the 4th line....He led the team in shorthanded goals.... His cap hit is only $660,000.... Can't ask for much more than that from a 4th liner... Plus, Colby's NOT a 4th liner...
Yeah, what he said. Not sure why you want to get Thorburn.

Old
05-03-2010, 11:14 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

I'd be okay with retaining him for a lower price but I wouldn't be heartbroken if he walks.

Old
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
AintLifeGrand

I want Army to stay.... at Thorburn's expense

BOOM:

Berg-Antro-Max
Kane-Peverley-Sharp
Machachek-Slater-Armstrong
R2-Reasoner-Cormier

you are wondering about Bryan Little? We traded him , Todd White, and a 2nd for Patrick Sharp. Thank God.

Old
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
hockey momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post

BOOM:

Berg-Antro-Max
Kane-Peverley-Sharp
R2-Reasoner-Cormier

you are wondering about Bryan Little? We traded him , Todd White, and a 2nd for Patrick Sharp. Thank God.
Was waiting for your post AintLifeGrand, you have made it very clear so many times that you want Little out of Atlanta. It is getting very old, some of us like him so leave it alone, he aint goin anywhere I told ya be4!

Old
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Aaronxxx

Quote:

BOOM:

Berg-Antro-Max
Kane-Peverley-Sharp
R2-Reasoner-Cormier

strong rumors that r2 is defecting to russia this summer.

Old
05-03-2010, 01:22 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Don't forget also a solid PKer, has been with us for 3 seasons, and is only 27.

Old
05-03-2010, 01:28 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever View Post
Was waiting for your post AintLifeGrand, you have made it very clear so many times that you want Little out of Atlanta. It is getting very old, some of us like him so leave it alone, he aint goin anywhere I told ya be4!
I don't understand how he thinks that CHI with their salary issues would take on Todd White. Doesn't make much sense.

Old
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
AintLifeGrand

Yo, Todd White would be a good 3rd line center for the hawks, he's cheap, still can produce around 45-50 points a season and would probably flourish playing with the hawks 3rd line talent. The past 2 years were aberrations in that in 2008-2009 he produced way above average and last year had below average production-which could be blamed on lingering injuries. He still has value and doesn't really fit in with our team anymore, you would be fools to think a team still wouldn't want him.

Old
05-03-2010, 02:53 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I agree...Someone out there COULD use Todd White. Just don't know if Chicago's the place.

Old
05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Yo, Todd White would be a good 3rd line center for the hawks, he's cheap, still can produce around 45-50 points a season and would probably flourish playing with the hawks 3rd line talent. The past 2 years were aberrations in that in 2008-2009 he produced way above average and last year had below average production-which could be blamed on lingering injuries. He still has value and doesn't really fit in with our team anymore, you would be fools to think a team still wouldn't want him.
I'd be very surprised if any team wanted him after how useless he was last season. Consider me a fool.

Old
05-03-2010, 03:48 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
That makes no sense...you want to sacrifice the roster spot of one of the teams best penalty killers and a guy who lead the team in shorties last season for a guy who: A) plays on a higher line, B) is not in direct competition with said player for playing time or a roster spot, and C) Play completely different roles... Maybe if you said Thorburn could be let go in favor of Machacheck (sp) or Cormier, it would have made sense, but Armstrong?
Quote:
BOOM:

Berg-Antro-Max
Kane-Peverley-Sharp
R2-Reasoner-Cormier

To be quite frank, that forward core ****ing sucks balls and a half. 2 rookies in big defensive rolse, bumping a career 4th liner to 3rd and letting go the one of our top PK guys...That's a great way to climb the standings.

Quote:

Holy jesus on a stick dude. Patty sharp has a cap hit of 3.9 million. Todd White has a hit of 2.4 and Little is a RFA with a 30g season under his belt. A contract over 1.5 million is not unexpected for him. The Blackhawks will not trade Patrick Sharp for a deal that, at best, causes them to break even financially, especially if a player as useless as Charmin is involved. That's frankly, idiotic. Ya know what, **** it, I'll even say Bryan Little gets in .9million salary again next year. Even then, The Blackhawks are saving $600K, not enough to warrant dropping a player of Sharp's caliber. Also, for the love of god dude, Bryan Little is 22 and has already scored 50 goals in the NHL. That IS NOT a player you trade away!

Last edited by TasteofFlames: 05-03-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old
05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
That makes no sense...you want to sacrifice the roster spot of one of the teams best penalty killers and a guy who lead the team in shorties last season for a guy who: A) plays on a higher line, B) is not in direct competition with said player for playing time or a roster spot, and C) Play completely different roles... Maybe if you said Thorburn could be let go in favor of Machacheck (sp) or Cormier, it would have made sense, but Armstrong?

To be quite frank, that forward core ****ing sucks balls and a half. 2 rookies in big defensive rolse, bumping a career 4th liner to 3rd and letting go the one of our top PK guys...That's a great way to climb the standings.

Holy jesus on a stick dude. Patty sharp has a cap hit of 3.9 million. Todd White has a hit of 2.4 and Little is a RFA with a 30g season under his belt. A contract over 1.5 million is not unexpected for him. The Blackhawks will not trade Patrick Sharp for a deal that, at best, causes them to break even financially, especially if a player as useless as Charmin is involved. That's frankly, idiotic. Ya know what, **** it, I'll even say Bryan Little gets in .9million salary again next year. Even then, The Blackhawks are saving $600K, not enough to warrant dropping a player of Sharp's caliber. Also, for the love of god dude, Bryan Little is 22 and has already scored 50 goals in the NHL. That IS NOT a player you trade away! My ****ing brain hurts from the level of incorrect and dumb things I've read attached to your name. As to your other post, I only see 1 fool in here...
You must have a brilliant mind exemplified by your stunningly articulate vocabulary.

Honestly, in that said deal you lambasted in a similar manner to Barney Frank discussing capital gains taxes, it goes without saying that we would have to take salary back in the form of Sopel or Huet, which I am fine with. Instead of trying to sound cool and tough on the internet, maybe you should read into context clues, and perhaps develop a higher standard of reading comprehension?? I'm really glad we are using the hope scholarship to fund the education of such mental giants as yourself. On second thought, you probably go to Gainesville.

Old
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
You must have a brilliant mind exemplified by your stunningly articulate vocabulary.

Honestly, in that said deal you lambasted in a similar manner to Barney Frank discussing capital gains taxes, it goes without saying that we would have to take salary back in the form of Sopel or Huet, which I am fine with. Instead of trying to sound cool and tough on the internet, maybe you should read into context clues, and perhaps develop a higher standard of reading comprehension??
I'm sure that would go over well with a broke ownership group. "Hey, we don't really want this player, and frankly he's useless, but we can take his $4.6 million/ 16.875 million dollar contract on and not even blink an eye." Real money is involved in NHL trades. This NHL10 type **** doesn't fly in the real world. The Spirit is looking for new investors, the last thing they would be interested in doing is spending a minimum of $4.6 million on a player who will most likely never see more than 10 mins a game. That's a bad idea from a hockey operations standpoint as well as a business one.

Oh wait, let me guess, the team would then turn around and trade the salary dump they just picked up...More context clues I missed I guess. Because, ya know, that would be totally possible.

Last edited by TasteofFlames: 05-03-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread