HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Rd. 2, Gm. 2: Flyers @ Bruins - May 3, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
05-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It would help if the linesmen union hadn't collectively decided to pump fake every single faceoff in the playoffs.
It's the only way they can be 'the show', that and calling every borderline or otherwise too many men and missing loads of offside calls every night.

The linesmen are competing for air time with the Refs, who are ruining almost every game instead of letting the players decide it.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Agreed about the boy who cried wolf. I love Carcillo but the things he does make me crazy because nobody is going to believe him.
What, just because he dives/embellishes every single thing out there?

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
It's the only way they can be 'the show', that and calling every borderline or otherwise too many men and missing loads of offside calls every night.

The linesmen are competing for air time with the Refs, who are ruining almost every game instead of letting the players decide it.
Well, it doesn't help when Chris effing Lee is in your playoff rotation. That guy is pure awfulness.

I just don't get why the linesmen are notably different on the dot than during the regular season, and some of the pump faking is just getting ridiculous. Just drop the damn puck dude.

Old
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
It would help if the linesmen union hadn't collectively decided to pump fake every single faceoff in the playoffs.
It's not what happened as it is not knowing why it did.

Tocchet made a good point after the game about it, because he thinks Carcillo is watching Richards' stick and not the puck (which if linesmen are pump faking, is the right thing to do)

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's not what happened as it is not knowing why it did.

Tocchet made a good point after the game about it, because he thinks Carcillo is watching Richards' stick and not the puck (which if linesmen are pump faking, is the right thing to do)
Well, easier said than done if the bodies are getting in the way of seeing the linesman's hand. However, I think linesman have gotten completely out of hand in the dot this postseason (I'm noticing it in every game) and they're getting lots of guys tossed out because they aren't just dropping the stupid thing.

Old
05-04-2010, 10:32 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Actually, what Richards said is kind of funny when he said it, but reading between the lines there not really. Kind of in line with the people who are calling Carcillo the boy who cried wolf.

Carcillo also said that he didn't know Richards was kicked out of the faceoff because he was the one who moved. What? Don't you talk about these things on the bench?
Wasn't Savard talking about Danny trying to pull out his teeth or something? Wouldn't that lend some credence to some sort of finger to teeth contact?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Wasn't Savard talking about Danny trying to pull out his teeth or something? Wouldn't that lend some credence to some sort of finger to teeth contact?
It seems everyone is acknowledging that, yes.

Old
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Carcillo came across like a dope in the interview I saw. He puts on this cool guy, tough guy persona in interviews all the time that annoys the **** out of me. And then he says stuff in a pissy tone like, "Men don't bite."

Hey bud, aside from all the ridiculous **** you pull on a regular basis that many would say men don't do, YOUR OWN ****ING TEAMMATE bit someone earlier this season. You sound like a dope, just stop.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Talbetts

Phil Collins sucks!

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:55 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Yeah, he never denied it. As I said too, when Hartnell was accused of it, he never denied it either, he was just like "well, you don't know what happens. Sometimes things happen in scrums, and you can never say for sure."

I guess boys will be boys.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Centauris*

Quote:
Yeah, he never denied it. As I said too, when Hartnell was accused of it, he never denied it either, he was just like "well, you don't know what happens. Sometimes things happen in scrums, and you can never say for sure."

I guess boys will be boys.

reminds me of a quote from the Office.. if any of you guys watch the show..

"In the sixties, I made love to many, many women. Often outdoors. In the mud and the rain. And it's possible a man slipped in. There would be no way of knowing."

- Creed

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieHexBergEry View Post
Phil Collins sucks!
I don't care how bad the Flyers are or how unlucky we are with bounces. You never say that! Ever!

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

That pump fake and subsequent tossing of Richie on that draw was absolute ********. I can't remember a center ever being tossed on a defensive zone draw when their winger jumped on a pump fake. WTF was the pump fake even for if not to get Richie tossed? Officials aren't the reason we're losing but when the linesmen join the suck parade hockey becomes a brutal sport to watch.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
That pump fake and subsequent tossing of Richie on that draw was absolute ********. I can't remember a center ever being tossed on a defensive zone draw when their winger jumped on a pump fake. WTF was the pump fake even for if not to get Richie tossed? Officials aren't the reason we're losing but when the linesmen join the suck parade hockey becomes a brutal sport to watch.
I would complain more, but, as said, I've noticed it in every single playoff game I've watched. Granted, I haven't been watching that much because I'm in the middle of exams at the moment and there's only so much I can subject my g/f to, but it's been notable throughout the playoffs.

Old
05-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
I would complain more, but, as said, I've noticed it in every single playoff game I've watched. Granted, I haven't been watching that much because I'm in the middle of exams at the moment and there's only so much I can subject my g/f to, but it's been notable throughout the playoffs.

I should have clarified. I've seen the pump fake on many occasions, even been tossed out of circles for jumping myself. I could see Richards being tossed for being angled or not being set but I've never seen a linesman try to fake out one of the wingers.

It looked like if the puck had been dropped Carcillo would have had nothing more than a good jump. The play looked to me like the equivalent of a Quarterbacks hard count to draw a pass rusher offside. The problem with last nights version is the quarterback was supposed to be neutral.

Old
05-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Jester

Quote:
I should have clarified. I've seen the pump fake on many occasions, even been tossed out of circles for jumping myself. I could see Richards being tossed for being angled or not being set but I've never seen a linesman try to fake out one of the wingers.

It looked like if the puck had been dropped Carcillo would have had nothing more than a good jump. The play looked to me like the equivalent of a Quarterbacks hard count to draw a pass rusher offside. The problem with last nights version is the quarterback was supposed to be neutral.
Yeah, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't... if the linesman gives the pump, he shouldn't toss anyone unless the center is blatantly cheating, IMO. If YOU are the problem, you need to admit as much.

Old
05-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I don't care how bad the Flyers are or how unlucky we are with bounces. You never say that! Ever!
Ok, I'm sorry. I take it back. I didn't mean it...I was in a very sad and angry place when I wrote that. Will you forgive me?

Old
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Ok, I'm sorry. I take it back. I didn't mean it...I was in a very sad and angry place when I wrote that. Will you forgive me?
Yes, but promise me you will listen to your favorite Phil Collins song before the end of today.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Yeah, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't... if the linesman gives the pump, he shouldn't toss anyone unless the center is blatantly cheating, IMO. If YOU are the problem, you need to admit as much.

Stripes have been the problem in this league forever. Like I said before, these are all winnable games. I'm not blaming officials for the 2-0 series deficit but they're raising my blood pressure and ruining a potentially great series.

Old
05-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Jester

Quote:
Stripes have been the problem in this league forever. Like I said before, these are all winnable games. I'm not blaming officials for the 2-0 series deficit but they're raising my blood pressure and ruining a potentially great series.
I just wish Chris Lee would be canned...he's legitimately terrible.

Old
05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
I just wish Chris Lee would be canned...he's legitimately terrible.

Sentiments are shared.

Old
05-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Yes, but promise me you will listen to your favorite Phil Collins song before the end of today.
Can it be Genesis?

There are so many, its tough to pick just one! I'll listen to all of them...how is that?

Old
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Can it be Genesis?

There are so many, its tough to pick just one! I'll listen to all of them...how is that?
Hey Bernie, maybe I'm just slow...but who or what is the "Ery" representing in your name?

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Delete...delete...delete the truth.

Retain the delusional ass-slapping.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL