HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Can you paint gloves?

Old
05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
jminor

vCash: 500
Can you paint gloves?

I got a smoking deal on a pair of TPS summit series gloves but they were the last pair and they were white, has anyone ever painted gloves with a material paint? Also are the summit gloves an R8 special edition?

jminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminor View Post
I got a smoking deal on a pair of TPS summit series gloves but they were the last pair and they were white, has anyone ever painted gloves with a material paint? Also are the summit gloves an R8 special edition?
Heard some bad things about the sweat discoloring material painted gloves. I have also read about people coloring there own gloves and depending on the paint you use it will bleed out of the glove material due to the moisture.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Hockeyfan68

Spray paint ... flat black (well whatever color you want) or something that is not glossy.

I've done it a few times after picking up good gloves cheap because they were either white or all red. You can mask the logos on them before spray painting too so when done it looks like a real unaltered glove.

Be forewarned they may come out a dark gray with the black spray paint because the paint soaks into the fabric and their being white it makes it look gray.

if you are not afraid to experiment go for it.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 01:54 AM
trisgale

try some vinyl spray paint, probably find it in a auto parts store. they use it for auto interiors, supposed to work for auto fabric too.

trisgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 11:52 PM
greyraven8

many years ago tried some brush on vinyl paint on some leather gloves with vinyl inserted in areas (in finger/thumb areas) to change one of the colours.

starting wearing off fairly quickly.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote